Thread: Coffin Comics

Default Coffin Comics

Anybody is reading the new titles from Brian Pulido's new comic Company: Coffin Comics?

-Lady Death
    -La Muerta
    -Zack the Zombie Exterminator

Incredible Member

I am. I got Lady Death: Chaos Rules! #1.

What can be said? It's a very R-rated book. Not that I object to that. Such books certainly have a place in the marketplace.

My problem with it is: It seems to be an "adult book" aimed at 12 and 13 year old teenage boys. And their belief in what constitutes "adult".

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of the character and the series. But I think previous incarnations of the character were a bit less on the pandering. But I think that will improve over time.

Will I buy the future issues? Yes. I already preordered Lady Death: Damnation Game from my local comic book store.

I'm just glad that Lady Death is back and that she's picking up almost where she left off in the original Chaos! series. Nothing against her time at Avatar/Boundless, but it really felt she was back where she belonged in Chaos Rules. Love that they've gone with the double-sized square-bound format and the bi-monthly (ish) schedule. Definitely looking for more Lady Death and other titles from Coffin.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Nice to hear I am not the only one reading them around here.

Lady death actually feels like the Lady death from Chaos comics.
    La Muerta is a good read. Very different from what Lady Death is.
    Zack the Zombie exterminator is good also, kind of feels like the comic version of the zombieland movie.