Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    There's not really any carnage there. You want carnage, play the first two Soldier of Fortune games on PC. I've a feeling we'll sadly never get anything so awesome again. Those could probably fall into the underrated and overlooked camp too. They're definitely overlooked, they're the most violent video games ever made, but they almost never even come up when places dealing in video games draw up a list of the most violent games of all time.
    I happened to play the first Soldier of Fortune on PC when I was teenager and yes it's so violent and I enjoyed it soooo much!
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

Suikoden series. Much much better than the overated Final Fantashit series.

Suikoden series main charecters

ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    ^ Agree that The Punisher was an amazing game (has there ever been a more joyous set-piece of pure carnage than interrupting the Gnucci funeral? I think not), but I wouldn't call it underrated or overlooked. Everyone I've ever heard speak of it has only nice things to say.
    I'll still call it underrated. It's well regraded by people who remembered it. I feel like that game is forgotten about by many people.

The PS2 game, <Play it Pinball>(EUR) <American Arcade>(JAP) made by Japanese company System 3 was a fantastic game that show you the way of Pinball in 1950s. It's really a shame that this game was never released in North America and they even treat it like the Simple 25XX series in Europe, because there's also some titles called <play it xxx> in that series.
    The game is a hidden gem for me on PS2, I never played any Pinball machines in 1950s but I do have played some movie's theme pinball machines between 1997-2000.
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Than watch the movies, you won't have to deal with the gameplay that way.
    Have you ever played a movie game before? They add onto the story and completely change parts. The first game was set after the first movie for example.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Have you ever played a movie game before? They add onto the story and completely change parts. The first game was set after the first movie for example.
    Yes, I've played games based on movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'll still call it underrated. It's well regraded by people who remembered it. I feel like that game is forgotten about by many people.
    It's not some great gem, it was an alright third person shooter on release that was seemingly kind of a big deal because of its gimmick and everything going on around it at the time. The way things played out in that game were more interesting that how it actually played. But it's been ten years now so it's not really too surprising that people might have forgotten it somewhat...although it still seem kind well know, that's probably the one most people remember. It's not some great shame like people not really knowing about the '90s Capcom arcade beat 'me up game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Except Germany.
    LOL, fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    And as a Zelda fan, I'll nominate Wind Waker when it first came out, due to a lot of players being turned off by the art style (which has aged extremely well compared to OoT's and MM's more realistic style) and the travel times, and Twilight Princess which a lot of fans claim is amongst the worst Zelda's in the series, though sans nostalgia filter I'd place it as being better than OoT in many aspects. TP definitely has better combat, at least a comparable story, and, even as someone who actually likes Navi, by far the best partner that Link ever had in the form of Midna. Also the second best Ganon/dorf battle, behind only Wind Walker's, and I'd say that the fight against Zelda portion in TP was better than the Puppet Ganon portion in WW.
    As I said in a different thread, Twilight Princess remains my all-time favourite Zelda. It's not without significant problems (visually unspectacular at launch and hasn't aged well, attempts at 'darkness' only skin-deep, fishing is near-broken, first dungeon is crap) but it's got a whole lot of good stuff going for it too, as you've said. I'll also add that the Arbiter's Keep/Snowpeak/Temple of Time/City in the Sky/Palace of Twilight stretch is maybe the best selection of dungeons Zelda's ever had, and Zant is a fantastic sub-villain.

I don't stan for Wind Waker nearly so much, but it didn't deserve all that early flak for looking the way it did. Mercifully, time has been kind to it.
    There's not really any carnage there. You want carnage, play the first two Soldier of Fortune games on PC. I've a feeling we'll sadly never get anything so awesome again. Those could probably fall into the underrated and overlooked camp too. They're definitely overlooked, they're the most violent video games ever made, but they almost never even come up when places dealing in video games draw up a list of the most violent games of all time.
    I'm sure I played some Soldier of Fortune before. They certainly were shockingly gory but I'd hesitate to call them 'joyous'. The Punisher has a knack for framing its violence in the right situational context for comedy value and cathartic release. Soldier of Fortune, from what I recall, didn't really do that, so it kinda sags after a while and the gore gets to be old hat.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    LOL, fair.

As I said in a different thread, Twilight Princess remains my all-time favourite Zelda. It's not without significant problems (visually unspectacular at launch and hasn't aged well, attempts at 'darkness' only skin-deep, fishing is near-broken, first dungeon is crap) but it's got a whole lot of good stuff going for it too, as you've said. I'll also add that the Arbiter's Keep/Snowpeak/Temple of Time/City in the Sky/Palace of Twilight stretch is maybe the best selection of dungeons Zelda's ever had, and Zant is a fantastic sub-villain.

I don't stan for Wind Waker nearly so much, but it didn't deserve all that early flak for looking the way it did. Mercifully, time has been kind to it.

I'm sure I played some Soldier of Fortune before. They certainly were shockingly gory but I'd hesitate to call them 'joyous'. The Punisher has a knack for framing its violence in the right situational context for comedy value and cathartic release. Soldier of Fortune, from what I recall, didn't really do that, so it kinda sags after a while and the gore gets to be old hat.
    The animations and how far they went is what made them joyous. It had far more different ways things could happen than The Punisher game had, far better animations too.