Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's great to know ! I always like when we see what Batman (or Robin, in the present case) can inspire among the peoples of Gotham. I mean, we have had a lot of street gangs which are Joker inspired, it was time some Batfamily rep went in the street. And I really like the concept of We Are Robin and the main crew.
    Agreed! I hope it's in Tom King's book, as he did a strong job with them in Robin War (as...um...uneven as that book was).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Hum, I think we'll see the kids more in Nightwing. I mean the first arc of Rebirth debuted because of what happened in Robin War for Dick, it would be logical to see him pick up with the kids. Now, I could also see them in Batman, if only to interact with Duke and Claire, it could be quite interesting, with potentially some kids wanting to know where and how Gotham-Girl got her powers (and hopefully, she'll get another nickname, Gotham-Girl isn't really inspiring, if you ask me).

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Hum, I think we'll see the kids more in Nightwing. I mean the first arc of Rebirth debuted because of what happened in Robin War for Dick, it would be logical to see him pick up with the kids. Now, I could also see them in Batman, if only to interact with Duke and Claire, it could be quite interesting, with potentially some kids wanting to know where and how Gotham-Girl got her powers (and hopefully, she'll get another nickname, Gotham-Girl isn't really inspiring, if you ask me).
    Well, I don't think that the current setting in Bludhaven would make any sense for Gotham high-schoolers to be spending significant time with Dick. I think Batman makes more sense, since Duke is there, and it's (theoretically) in Gotham. I think All-Star is unlikely, given that Snyder doesn't write people he doesn't invent or are Batman.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Thread necro!

Wanted to find a place to share this. James Tynion just said that the Robin gang is appearing somewhere soon (though not in Tec): https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...78649773166592

"I know the Robin Gang is popping up elsewhere, and Carrie Kelly is going strong in DK3!"

As a big fan of the non-Duke members of We Are Robin, this is very exciting news! I really want Riko, Dax, and Dre not to fade away.
    Well, sine the tweet also started with
    No plans, sorry! I know the Robin Gang is popping up elsewhere, and Carrie Kelly is going strong in DK3!
    it sounds like Tynion won't be involved wherever they show up.

I wonder if Gotham Academy: Second Semester might be a possibility?

Incredible Member

Thread necro!

Wanted to find a place to share this. James Tynion just said that the Robin gang is appearing somewhere soon (though not in Tec): https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...78649773166592

"I know the Robin Gang is popping up elsewhere, and Carrie Kelly is going strong in DK3!"

As a big fan of the non-Duke members of We Are Robin, this is very exciting news! I really want Riko, Dax, and Dre not to fade away.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'd missed that entirely and as a fellow Riko and Dre I hope its those 2 (I'll have to keep an eye out for which title they appear in but I like the idea of RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS, even though I'm only reading it in TPB for Dre).

Cheers.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, sine the tweet also started with it sounds like Tynion won't be involved wherever they show up.

I wonder if Gotham Academy: Second Semester might be a possibility?
    Yes, sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

Thread necro!

I would assume it would be in one of the Duke-centric books, like All-Star or the main Batman book, given their relevance to his character. And, yeah, King has some experience with writing them, so that might help.

But Gotham Academy wouldn't be a bad idea either, since Riko showed up in the Robin War tie-in issue as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would assume it would be in one of the Duke-centric books, like All-Star or the main Batman book, given their relevance to his character. And, yeah, King has some experience with writing them, so that might help.

But Gotham Academy wouldn't be a bad idea either, since Riko showed up in the Robin War tie-in issue as I recall.
    I kind of selfishly want it to be Batman, because I'm actually reading that book, and I dropped Gotham Academy after the first issue of the second semester as I was just not feeling it at all.

Izzy, Riko, Dax (my favourite), Dre or any combination of the four -- it doesn't matter. As long as they come back!

Don't forget Shug!

Don't forget Shug!
    In my defence, since I've been following the series in its Italian translation I didn't know what the character was called in the original (in Italian she's Zucche-R-O).

Extraordinary Member

I doubt that they will get more than cameo apparences as long as Duke doesn't have a solo, and I don't really see that they are added to Gotham Academy, that doesn't really need more characters on the team and that will based on the sales probaly anyway not keep going very long.

Maybe they'll appear as witnesses during Alfred's trial
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-25-2016 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Maybe they'll appear as witnesses during Alfred trial's
    Was that ever addressed?

BANNED

The ONLY point of "We Are Robin" was to push Duke. I think the other kids were throwaways. Wouldn't mind seeing some of them again if done right, though.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 12-24-2016 at 08:18 PM.