Super Moderator

Default Telltale's Batman Game Confirmed For Summer Debut

The company behind the hit "Walking Dead" episodic game revealed its new Batman series will arrive soon.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

Can't wait to see what this game is all about.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reptarcereal View Post
    Can't wait to see what this game is all about.
    With what we know thus far via bits & pieces, we know that...

a. There will be as big a focus on Bruce Wayne as on Batman (and indeed it will be possible to play more as Bruce if the player wants to).

b. That the game won't feature the wider Batman family like Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl but will feature some of the non powered types like Alfred, Lucius Fox, Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya.

c. As expected crime investigations will be a major part of the gameplay, meaning the game might be the best attempt to capture the 'world's greatest detective' aspect thus far.

d. It will be an original take on Batman and not be set in the movies, Arkhamverse or anything else.

e. The villains involved are purposely been kept quiet, although an appearance by the Riddler has been strongly hinted at.

f. This game looks to be set in the early years of the Batman, before he had gained the full trust of the GCPD.

BANNED

Kind of sad that we will not see any Batman family members in this game. Still an early years Batman seems like an interesting idea, but it depends on who going to be the voice of Batman. I mean who can voice an early Batman ?

I hope we get a trailer, gameplay footage, and more info about the cast and their VA's at E3 .

BANNED

a game that will lag and skip nonstop. Telltales will ruined this batman game.

Does anyone know if Kevin Conroy will be voicing batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Kind of sad that we will not see any Batman family members in this game. Still an early years Batman seems like an interesting idea, but it depends on who going to be the voice of Batman. I mean who can voice an early Batman ?
    Roger Craig Smith? He might have done so before...

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    a game that will lag and skip nonstop. Telltales will ruined this batman game.
    Telltale has specifically said that Batman is marking the first usage of an upgraded engine, so we can probably expect a better performance. I never play Telltale Games for their graphics anyway, I play for the engaging story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vericc View Post
    Does anyone know if Kevin Conroy will be voicing batman?
    Given that Telltale's Game will be separate from the Arkham games, I would imagine that they'll want to keep the voice artist as different, so I suspect not.

I wouldn't mind Roger Craig Smith coming back for this, as a bit of surprise casting, Anthony Ruivivar reprising from Beware the Batman .

Hmm, I wish I knew what it was about. Tell Tale has some good stories so hopefully this is a good detective in the same vein as Wolf Among Us.
    Superhero shows are trash

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want Diedrich Bader to voice Batman again.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    With what we know thus far via bits & pieces, we know that...

a. There will be as big a focus on Bruce Wayne as on Batman (and indeed it will be possible to play more as Bruce if the player wants to).

b. That the game won't feature the wider Batman family like Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl but will feature some of the non powered types like Alfred, Lucius Fox, Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya.

c. As expected crime investigations will be a major part of the gameplay, meaning the game might be the best attempt to capture the 'world's greatest detective' aspect thus far.

d. It will be an original take on Batman and not be set in the movies, Arkhamverse or anything else.

e. The villains involved are purposely been kept quiet, although an appearance by the Riddler has been strongly hinted at.

f. This game looks to be set in the early years of the Batman, before he had gained the full trust of the GCPD.
    Thanks for the info! All sounds very interesting! Can't wait to see some game play footage