BANNED

Default Is It Difficult To Send My Sci-Fi Novel On Amazon?

In a matter of months, my first novel will be published in Greece but i do plan to introduce it to readers of other countries such as the United Kingdom which it is known for their love for Science Fiction novels (not to mention that it is the birthplace of my favourite author, Arthur Clarke).
    Many have advised me to send it to Amazon but i do not know the process (apart from the fact that i have to translate it to english).
    My publisher has rights only for the greek edition of the novel and they gave me permission to introduce the english version anywhere i want.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    In a matter of months, my first novel will be published in Greece but i do plan to introduce it to readers of other countries such as the United Kingdom which it is known for their love for Science Fiction novels (not to mention that it is the birthplace of my favourite author, Arthur Clarke).
    Many have advised me to send it to Amazon but i do not know the process (apart from the fact that i have to translate it to english).
    My publisher has rights only for the greek edition of the novel and they gave me permission to introduce the english version anywhere i want.
    Amazon offers a "vanity press service", Create Space. They will publish your book, and, for a pro plan fee, make it available to other booksellers (otherwise, just through the site). You can also distribute through the site, via your own publisher, using the Amazon Marketplace However, Amazon is notorious for dictating terms; so, it may not be the most advantageous. They aren't going to market for you, no matter which way you go. I'd check into other distribution options before going to Amazon, so you have a basis of comparison. You may give up more rights than you would think or you may find that it suits your desires. The point is, they aren't the only option.

BANNED

Thank you for your help!