Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REPORT: "Green Arrow: Rebirth" #1 Sells Over 90,000 Copies

Benjamin Percy and Otto Schmidt's "Rebirth" one-shot could be the best-selling "Green Arrow" comic in years.

Full article here.

Cool, but lets see where numbers will be couple of months later.

That's nice, I picked it up completely on a whim(I only intended to get the Batman and Superman issues but just got them all anyway) and I thoroughly enjoyed the issue.

Incredible Member

There really is no getting around the fact that that is a huge number, especially when considering it was probably the least anticipated rebirth issue last week. The numbers for Batman, Superman, and Green Lanterns will almost certainly go over 100,000.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Cool, but lets see where numbers will be couple of months later.
    Down, of course.

Practically always happy to see comics sell well...but part of me saddened that whacking "no 1" on cover works so well at increasing sales.

I wonder how much of this is riding on the excitement and anticipation of Rebirth, the new #1 factor, or how much of it is a result of the highly publicized Green Arrow and Black Canary reunion? Or maybe all of the above ?

I actually got tired of the Percy run and dropped Green Arrow. When I saw he was still involved, I decided not to check it out. Glad to see it's improved and doing well though. If GA really did improve, I may come back to it. Though I started with the Lemire run and everything else just pales in comparison. So my opinion may be a bit tainted.

Well it does make sense considering that it's only a limited of series coming out for rebirth this month, so....

Always Rakzo

Well, it seems like it worked. The Rebirth initiative managed to bring a lot of readers while typical stuff that some fans were asking for (beard, politics, Black Canary) probably helped.

What doesn't help is the fact that whenever Percy tries to go political he does it in a pretty heavyhanded, unnatural and stupid way, and the beard is just a cosmetic change. Credit where credit is due though, I think he wrote a decent interaction between Ollie and Dinah (whenever he wasn't forcing his whole baggage into the conversation).

Amazing Member

the art was gorgeous but the writing was very mediocre with some very clunky dialogue. I hope it improves though.
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Its the first time I've enjoyed GA since Smith wrote him all those years ago.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

If GA sold 90K I cant wait to see how the rest did!

But yea, Glad to see Rebirth seems to be working. Keep up the good work DC!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Down, of course.

Practically always happy to see comics sell well...but part of me saddened that whacking "no 1" on cover works so well at increasing sales.
    Pretty much this. I mean a drop from the #1 is to be expected especially when the number one is a line-wide shake up, but the drops offs (hopefully not this time) are often shocking.

That said, I can see DC adopting Marvel's seasonal approach sooner rather than later.

BANNED

I love how people are ignoring the facts. Numbers dont lie people! I'm happy for the creative team.

BANNED

Good Job Percy + Rebirth, now keep your audience happy!