Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I love the D C characters and following there adventures in D C Comics.
    I like much of what they are currently doing and look forward to reading
    a lot of there comics.
    Liked Green Arrow Rebirth #1 very much and look forward to following the
    series starting next week (June 15).
    Love Dinah Lance, her being a big part of this book, is an added win for me.

Fantastic Member

Do you know what's crazy? This was just Green Arrow rebirth #1, and it was sold out from many shops. There is high possibility Green Arrow #1 will do even better.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    That twice a month thing is really going to throw off the numbers. I wonder if a book that sells 30,000 a month monthly can still sell 30,000 twice-a-month. That means that people are giving up other books to buy this one, essentially.

It may turn out that we get much lower numbers per-issue, but that is less of a hit because it is twice a month.
    I predict the twice-a-month will only have a marginal effect on sales.
    Probably a 5k-10k drop per issue.

So instead of one issue at about 40k a month, it'll be about two issues at about 30-35k each.
    Not as good as two 40k titles, but better than a 40k and a 15k.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

That twice a month thing is really going to throw off the numbers. I wonder if a book that sells 30,000 a month monthly can still sell 30,000 twice-a-month. That means that people are giving up other books to buy this one, essentially.

It may turn out that we get much lower numbers per-issue, but that is less of a hit because it is twice a month.
    I think Batman will see that happen, but DC is trimming down the number of titles. Even with double shipping I think they will put out less than the current '52' issues a month.

It will come down to this increasing sales overall, which if it does will leave a lot of room for most of the Rebirth titles to at least double their monthly sales.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I predict the twice-a-month will only have a marginal effect on sales.
    Probably a 5k-10k drop per issue.

So instead of one issue at about 40k a month, it'll be about two issues at about 30-35k each.
    Not as good as two 40k titles, but better than a 40k and a 15k.
    Agreed. I think the double-shipping is genius because there is a core group of fans that will buy it even if it comes out daily. Hopefully, that number is around 20,000 on GA and the Rebirth will give it a boost to around 30,000. Selling 60,000 GA comic books (hell, even 40,000) a month is a major win for DC

Really cool to read all the good stuff about the GA relaunch.Green Arrow is one of my favorite characters and I'd like to see his book do good for awhile. He's easily DC's coolest character outside of the BatFam and hopefully this run will get more people to see that.

I also have to say, even though I'm not one for "shipping", I can't tell you how happy it made me to have GA and BC together on the printed page again.

Green Arrow Rebirth was good. Can't wait for issue 1! I liked the dialogues between GA and BC and the villains of the story seems interesting. 90,000 sales for Green Arrow is good for not only for the writer but the character because he will have longevity during the DC Rebirth era.

I hope Percy can resurrect The Teen Titans series because so far the past two Teen Titans written by Lobdell and Pfeferi during the New 52 was really bad, the only decent book I read so far from the Teen Titans series was the mini arc focusing on Wonder Girl and her birthright, and the recent issue from couple of weeks ago.
    Last edited by Incognito; 06-06-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

You guys have to look at the bigger picture. Most of those books are shipping twice a month. So if this gets even 70k for the actual #1, Rebirth is gonna bring BIG $$$ for DC. They may actually be able to combat mavel with sales like this.

BANNED

The other thing about double-shipping is that if I understand correctly, retailers tend to adjust their numbers on a monthly basis. So they will probably order the same number of copies of #2 and #3 if those come out the same month, rather than dropping orders of #3. Something like that.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    You guys have to look at the bigger picture. Most of those books are shipping twice a month. So if this gets even 70k for the actual #1, Rebirth is gonna bring BIG $$$ for DC. They may actually be able to combat mavel with sales like this.
    Until Marvel starts double-shipping their big titles regularly DC should beat them in sales monthly. A second issue of Batman a month will sell about the same as 6-7 titles combined that were around at the end of the New 52. It will be comparing apples to oranges, but I expect after a few months Marvel will respond by double-shipping, as well

I'm just glad he has his goatee back. Without it, I almost feel like I'm just reading a green Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I'm just glad he has his goatee back. Without it, I almost feel like I'm just reading a green Hawkeye.
    And now you're reading green Hawkeye with a goatee...?

Anyway, these numbers are only indicative of the number of issues ordered by retailers, right? We'll get an indication of how many of them actually sold next month.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    And now you're reading green Hawkeye with a goatee...?

Anyway, these numbers are only indicative of the number of issues ordered by retailers, right? We'll get an indication of how many of them actually sold next month.
    Um, no we won't. The number sold to retailers is the only number we ever get.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

When All New X-Men was still double-shipping and under Bendis, it was Marvel's highest selling book almost consistently - and if not the highest selling, one of. So I think if a book is fine and is a popular product, the double shipping will do fine.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how much of this is riding on the excitement and anticipation of Rebirth, the new #1 factor, or how much of it is a result of the highly publicized Green Arrow and Black Canary reunion? Or maybe all of the above ?
    Absolutely why I picked it up...Black Canary and reigniting their relationship. What I found after buying the book is that I really liked the issue and plan on keeping with the title for the foreseeable future.