Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Superman to Appear on "Supergirl," Casting Underway

The Man of Steel will arrive on The CW for the first two episodes of "Supergirl's" second season.

Full article here.

Magick is Everywhere

Cautiously optimistic here; could be a case where Clark loses his powers and Kara has to sub in for him but we never see him in full costume.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

'Scuse me while I pick up the pieces of my head off the floor! I want someone new in the role. Matt Bomer was floated around a while back and he definitely fits the role physically. I want to see if his suit is like hers. An "S" without the yellow background.

Amazing Member

Its not a surprise, theres only so long audiences will buy into the views from a distance and use of msn messanger (do people even use im messaging anmore, couldnt clark text, call or skype)

matt bomer would be great, he did a great job in the direct to dvd dcau film.
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Very excited! Not that there aren't many good actors that could play this role for the network but... having Welling being Superman would be just as amazing as JWS as Henry Allen or Jay

Makes no sense. Dc green lights Supes on Tv but made arrow pull everything Suicide Squad related.

BANNED

Given the unlikelihood of them making Superman a regular, active presence on Supergirl--and the expectation that his appearance will likely create in the minds of viewer that he will be--and the fact that he'll be appearing on the first two CW episodes, I expect that his appearance will be prelude to (A) Supergirl being "relocated" from her Earth to the Flash/Arrowverse in such a way that she can't get back and Superman can't crossover or (or possibly and) (B) the Death of Superman.

And I don't see any chance whatsoever that Tom Welling dons the cape.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Given the unlikelihood of them making Superman a regular, active presence on Supergirl--and the expectation that his appearance will likely create in the minds of viewer that he will be--and the fact that he'll be appearing on the first two CW episodes, I expect that his appearance will be prelude to (A) Supergirl being "relocated" from her Earth to the Flash/Arrowverse in such a way that she can't get back and Superman can't crossover or (or possibly and) (B) the Death of Superman.

The problem with relocating Supergirl to the Flash/Arrowverse is that she loses all her supporting cast. It would effectively be a reboot of the show. And I don't think they would go with the death of Superman so soon after it was used in the cinematic universe. Perhaps this hints at Superboy (Kon-El) being the one in the pod.

All-New Member

No idea if the guy has any acting ability at all, but Christopher Reeve's son Will Reeve looks the part. Maybe a little young for this show's timeline?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi82 View Post
    The problem with relocating Supergirl to the Flash/Arrowverse is that she loses all her supporting cast. It would effectively be a reboot of the show.
    Not really. It all depends on how they go about doing it. And it's very likely that they'll be losing some of the cast as a natural byproduct of the move/budget reduction anyway.

Amazing Member

First phone call should be to Welling, right age now, fans would buy it. Checks all the boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Makes no sense. Dc green lights Supes on Tv but made arrow pull everything Suicide Squad related.
    I agree. This "you can use this character but not that character" rule needs to be done away with. Supposedly they did but apparently not in time to save the Arrow version of the SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi82 View Post
    The problem with relocating Supergirl to the Flash/Arrowverse is that she loses all her supporting cast. It would effectively be a reboot of the show. And I don't think they would go with the death of Superman so soon after it was used in the cinematic universe. Perhaps this hints at Superboy (Kon-El) being the one in the pod.
    Not really. It all depends on how they go about doing it. And it's very likely that they'll be losing some of the cast as a natural byproduct of the move/budget reduction anyway.
    And who's to say that the Arrowverse doesn't have a National City with a complete duplicate set of Kara's friends already going about their lives?
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Since all the cast has essentially agreed to come back, that might be a problem. I also think that would piss off a lot of fans of the show who want it to more or less stay the same. When it ended on CBS, they were clearly setting up a future life for her on that Earth. Seems kind of sudden and pointless to just throw all that out the window now. I don't think Superman is going to show up on every episode and I wouldn't want him to. Otherwise it wouldn't be her show. Killing him off is a possibility but problematic since fans would expect him to come back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I agree. This "you can use this character but not that character" rule needs to be done away with. Supposedly they did but apparently not in time to save the Arrow version of the SS.
    I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the recent shake-ups at WB in the wake of BvS
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.