Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is awesome news! I imagine this has to do with the massive shakeups going on at WB/DC.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Who's to say there's not also an Earth-1 version of Kara Danvers? Earth-1 Kara, Alex, Jimmy, and Winn all die as a result of whatever events force Supergirl to Earth-1, and the Earth-SG versions take over their lives after getting stranded on Earth-1. That keeps Team Supergirl and their relationships intact, while opening up new character avenues to explore.
    Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That seems like a lot of hoops to jump through just to connect the two universes.
    ****** This will contain spoilers, so be warned ********

Agreed. I was thinking more of a mini Crisis event when they do their big crossover to unit all of the shows. And I think this could work seamlessly after the events that were laid out in the season finale of The Flash. Arrow and Supergirl can start their seasons normally as planned, running down their already set course they had previously plotted out. This can work as Rip Hunter has stated that changes to the time line can take a while to take hold. Meanwhile Flash begins his season all screwed up due to the fact he prevented his mothers death. When he returns home from the past he finds the world not as he left it. Possibly in a pseudo Flashpoint situation where his powers disappear because never had the lab accident that caused them in the first place. Joe and Iris are no longer his family as he was raised by his real parents. Green Arrow is not Oliver Queen but it's Oliver's father as he survived the boat wreck instead. Eventually Barry will be successful in regaining his powers, probably with the help of the real Earth-1 Harrison Wells, and he will run to the past to prevent himself from saving his mother. Some bad business will go down and reality will start to crumble. Rip Hunter would clearly be involved as his team disappear/change when history finally catches up with them and changes around them. This would be a great chance to see some fresh faces and heroes that haven't been featured yet. Maybe even the Legion of Superheroes, as we saw a ring last season when Barry jumped to Earth-2. This will also be when Supergirl gets involved as her world, and the whole multiverse, starts to die as well. Then eventually they save the day through some crazy super-heroics and plot demanded shenanigans. But the catch is that they can only save one universe. After all is said and done Barry is the primary hero, even though he feels deep shame that this was all his fault to begin with. He races to check on all of his friends to see if the world has been set right and, much to his excitement, finds the entirety of National City has been transplanted to Arrowverse. Her entire cast is along for the ride as well (at least the ones who decided to stick around. Possible even Superman as well. This could even be used to explain the reason why National City looks slightly different since they will now be shooting in Vancouver.

That's my ideal way to merge them all without screwing up the flow of Supergirl too much, if at all. I realize nobody like reading these fan pitches but I couldn't help myself.
    Last edited by Alkaidswrath; 06-06-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    This is awesome news! I imagine this has to do with the massive shakeups going on at WB/DC.
    Or maybe not. I expect TV Superman to die during these episodes. So Supergirl wont rely on Superman being there or not.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Given the unlikelihood of them making Superman a regular, active presence on Supergirl--and the expectation that his appearance will likely create in the minds of viewer that he will be--and the fact that he'll be appearing on the first two CW episodes, I expect that his appearance will be prelude to (A) Supergirl being "relocated" from her Earth to the Flash/Arrowverse in such a way that she can't get back and Superman can't crossover or (or possibly and) (B) the Death of Superman.

And I don't see any chance whatsoever that Tom Welling dons the cape.
    I expect that too. Its the only logical explanation with all these character restrictions going on. Supergirl should be about Supergirl after all. Not Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Makes no sense. Dc green lights Supes on Tv but made arrow pull everything Suicide Squad related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the recent shake-ups at WB in the wake of BvS
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Willa Holland confirmed in an interview they were forced to get rid of their version of the SS. In terms of the embargo being lifted, someone on another thread said Johns got rid of it when he went over to the cinematic side but it's just rumor as far as I know.

That's what I am thinking too. Geoff Johns was one of the creators of the TV Supergirl, as well as Arrow and The Flash. Now Geoff Johns is the head of DC Films, meaning he now makes the decisions on how the characters are used. I'm guessing he has more fondness for the TV shows than the movies at this point in time. Putting Superman in the first two episodes it is only going to boost interest in the show and maybe bring back a few people that had stopped watching or bring in people that hadn't watched before, sort of like how bringing the Flash on Supergirl boosted the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMage View Post
    Cautiously optimistic here; could be a case where Clark loses his powers and Kara has to sub in for him but we never see him in full costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Probably only be Kent doubt we'll see him in costume and apparently it's only for a couple of episodes.
    Sounds like we are getting and honest to goodness Superman, Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg said in a statement.
    "Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season and we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!"
    I just wonder which costume he will be wearing. The Adventures of Superman/Superman:The Movie/Lois & Clark costume or the Man of Steel costume.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 06-06-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbwbubba View Post
    First phone call should be to Welling, right age now, fans would buy it. Checks all the boxes
    I actually find upsetting and disrespectful to Welling that this article mentions that a casting is going underway when Welling himself has expressed willingness to play the part in interviews, unless the casting part is a mistake or just a way to not give away the surprise. The role should be offered to Welling first, specially since these series are part of the CW where he played a young Clark Kent for ten years and that culminated in him becoming Superman but never actually showing him in action as the superhero.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Or maybe not. I expect TV Superman to die during these episodes. So Supergirl wont rely on Superman being there or not.
    There are 2 kind of silly ideas I've seen in this thread so far. One is that superman will die. The other is that there is no story possible that results in Supergirl and all of her supporting cast (including supporting villains) ending up on an alternate earth.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    My prediction: Whatever storyline happens with the pod will cause Superman to venture into space to find Krypton or Kandor or something like that, leaving Supergirl the only
    "Super" on earth for awhile. There might still be some interstellar communications though...
    Prediction: In the pod is a survivor of Krypton who tells both he and her and there is a lost colony of Kryptonians out there and Superman goes with him to find it leaving her on Earth to fend for herself.

BANNED

http://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-uYLILCWPlmMPC

oh yeah! i knew they could do it i am so pumped. DC TV universe here we come!

I always thought it would be funny if they cast Brandon Routh as this Superman, so this universe could in fact be an extension of original Superman movies.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hes producing and starring in his own show on CBS.
    As Welling says himself in this interview he doesn't minds reprising the role but at the time no one had asked yet:

https://youtu.be/-ktejkWqqoA?t=150
    Last edited by Thor-El; 06-06-2016 at 01:10 PM.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I always thought it would be funny if they cast Brandon Routh as this Superman, so this universe could in fact be an extension of original Superman movies.
    Unfortunately Routh in The Atom now so I don't see that happening ever
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    Unfortunately Routh in The Atom now so I don't see that happening ever
    he wasn't a good superman to begin with his longest lines when he was at that bar with Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    As Welling says himself in this interview he doesn't minds reprising the role but at the time no one had asked yet:

https://youtu.be/-ktejkWqqoA?t=150
    As a fan of smallville id love it. Just dont see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    he wasn't a good superman to begin with his longest lines when he was at that bar with Jimmy
    I enjoy Routh as an actor and thought he could have been a really good Superman. I blame Brian Stinker(Singer) for the terrible script that wasted great actors and forced them to portray their characters in a similar fashion to the way they were played in the Donner/Reeves movies. As much as everyone, myself included, loves Superman 1 and 2 they were very cheesy and Lex was terrible. Just terrible.