Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Most important the actor is going to play opposite Mehcad Brooks' Jimmy who is 6'3" and pretty built. I also think this Superman is not going to be exclusive of Supergirl, hopefully the other shows will use him too and who knows it might lead to his own series. For sure we will eventually see him appear in Flash and LOT.
    It will be interesting to see Jimmy and Clark standing in the same room together. Hell, just stick a wig on Mehcad and have him play Superman. Other than a few people objecting to the ethnicity, his build would make a perfect looking Superman.
    But kidding aside, I never got the idea the producers were going to limit Clark Kent or Superman to just the first two episodes. I could see him as a recurring guest star like Maxwell, Lucy, Astra and Non were.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Luke Roberts from Game Of Thrones and Black Sails could make a good Supes
    giphy.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    That's your piece of view. In IMDB, however, it was stated clearly in an answer to question to the FQA section of Smallville that Superman would make a full appearence during the last 10 minutes of the final episode of the show.
    Later info, however stated that Welling never appeared as Superman because he thought the costume was ridiculous and he refused to appear dressed as Superman.
    I agree with the ''move on'' comment but only if old debts are paid.
    I'd like to know what's the source of that later info, there has always been rumors about Welling not wanting to wear the costume but I've never heard it from a reliable source. Anyone can write anything in IMDB so that's not a reliable source. Welling has said himself in a very recent interview with Access Hollywood he would "suit up", link follows: https://youtu.be/-ktejkWqqoA?t=150
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Spectacular Member The Lonely Man's Avatar

I'd love to see Tom Welling take the role. Smallville left me with a sense of longing for more, like the story wasn't quite complete yet.

I'd go as far as to say Welling gave the finest portrayal of Clark Kent ever seen on big screen or small screen. Only Dean Cain in the first season of Lois and Clark came close.
    He had the look, presence and charisma which would, and almost certainly still could, translate into a fantastic Superman. If this is at all possible then please make it happen.
    Mtgglf

I think the actor they are gonna pick is going to be close in age to Supergirl.

Besides, I want Jon Hamm as Reed Richards in a FF relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I think the actor they are gonna pick is going to be close in age to Supergirl.

Besides, I want Jon Hamm as Reed Richards in a FF relaunch.
    The story line for the TV series is that Kara Zor-El and Kal-El left Krypton at the same time but Kara was stuck in the Phantom Zone for 24 years where time doesn't pass.
    While Kal-El made it to Earth, grew up, and became Superman. When Kara got to Earth 24 years later she was still 13 years old and Kal-El was 24 years old by then.
    Now 11 years have passed. Which makes Kara 24 years old and Clark 35 years old. So it would seem they'd want an actor that looked a few years older than she is.

Retired

Was the time Kara spent in the Phantom Zone (and the total time she was in suspended animation in-between Krypton's destruction and her arrival on Earth) ever that nailed down as exactly 24 years? I don't remember it. I thought it was fuzzier than that. It seems to me Superman should be older--if it follows the other on-screen versions of Superman and not the comic books, where Clark doesn't become Superman until his late 20s and then if 11 years have past, SUPERGIRL Superman should be close to 40. In my head that's how I thought about it, anyway.

Height doesn't mean anything. They are always adjusting the heights of different actors so they will fit in the same frame--and there are hundreds of practical techniques for doing that that don't require any computer animation. However, Alfred towers over Batman in the 1966 BATMAN and no one seems to care. In fact, Alfred often comes across as the far more heroic character.

But I have been thinking that I'd like to see the SUPERGIRL Jimmy Olsen endure the kinds of embarassments that red-headed Jimmy has in the comics. In fact, it would be really clever to have the tall good looking jock become the inept fool, rather putting that all on Win. What if Jimmy became a Human Porcupine, a Giant Turtle-Man, a Werewolf? What if Olsen has a disguise trunk and he poses as the magician Magi to woo Lucy Lane unknowingly or he dresses up as a gangster's moll for the sake of a news story?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Was the time Kara spent in the Phantom Zone (and the total time she was in suspended animation in-between Krypton's destruction and her arrival on Earth) ever that nailed down as exactly 24 years?
    It was a poorly written first scene. It starts off with adult Kara narrating "24 years ago my home planet exploded," and then about 2 minutes later she says she slept in the Phantom Zone for 24 years and was 11 years old when she arrived on Earth. So choose your own adventure, I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It was a poorly written first scene. It starts off with adult Kara narrating "24 years ago my home planet exploded," and then about 2 minutes later she says she slept in the Phantom Zone for 24 years and was 11 years old when she arrived on Earth. So choose your own adventure, I guess.
    Actually, that all tracks... She left as Krypton exploded, she went into the Phantom Zone where time ceased to move for her, and exited the Zone 24 years later, still only 11 years old (as she was when she left Krypton). Both lines compliment each other and work in context with the story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Actually, that all tracks... She left as Krypton exploded, she went into the Phantom Zone where time ceased to move for her, and exited the Zone 24 years later, still only 11 years old (as she was when she left Krypton). Both lines compliment each other and work in context with the story.
    It only works if the opening narration was delivered by 11 year old Kara. It wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It only works if the opening narration was delivered by 11 year old Kara. It wasn't.
    She, as an adult, is describing what happened to her 35 years ago. If you follow the narration in the pilot episode she says "The shock wave knocked my pod off course and into the Phantom Zone.
    A region of space where time doesn't pass. I slept there for 24 years. When I arrived I was still a 13 year old girl. But in that time my cousin Kal-El had grown up and revealed himself to your world as Superman."
    And in the next scene she is an adult and talks about working at CatCo. Which is 11 years later because she is now 24 years old.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I'd like to know what's the source of that later info, there has always been rumors about Welling not wanting to wear the costume but I've never heard it from a reliable source. Anyone can write anything in IMDB so that's not a reliable source. Welling has said himself in a very recent interview with Access Hollywood he would "suit up", link follows: https://youtu.be/-ktejkWqqoA?t=150
    I admit that my source is not reliable as i catch it from a comment on YT.
    As for if he wants now to wear the suit, it doesn't say that much to me. Is he doing something now so he can have the luxury to refuse a comeback to the role or a dress up as Superman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    She, as an adult, is describing what happened to her 35 years ago. If you follow the narration in the pilot episode she says "The shock wave knocked my pod off course and into the Phantom Zone.
    A region of space where time doesn't pass. I slept there for 24 years. When I arrived I was still a 13 year old girl.
    If you really follow the narration in the pilot episode, nearly the very first words from Adult Kara (not 13 year old Kara) are "24 years ago my home planet Krypton exploded." Then she says she slept in the Phantom Zone 24 years, came to Earth, and lived another 11 years. Both of those statements can't be true. Either Krypton exploded 24 years ago or 35 years ago. The show is contradictory about which it is.

As I said, some poor writing.