Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes. I think the time is right for Supergirl to expand. I can understand why we didn't see Superman in full in the first season. Nobody really knew if this show would succeed. It was a female superhero who had never headlined her own show before or a successful movie for that matter. But it worked. Supergirl succeeded. She showed that there's room for a female hero among the crowded class of other superhero TV shows. Now, CW can build on that success and bringing Superman into the mix can certainly help if done right. My main concern about this show, however, is its time slot. They're still putting this show up against Monday Night Football. That is unfair competition and one that might undermine its potential moving forward.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

All-New Member

As long as they explain why Superman left a Kryptonian prison, filled with alien prisoners, on earth...unattended. As long as they can explain that plot whole, I'm fine with Superman playing a roll. I just hope they get Tom Welling to be Superman.

As long as they don't job him to Supergirl and emasculate him, it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The only problem I can see is that we may get a TV Superman that is so fantastic and wonderful that people will start realizing just how bad the MoS and BvS Superman was and start to want that kind of Superman in the movies. Which will make the mopey, sad Superman that will be in the Justice League movie an even harder sell.
    Respectfully disagree.
    Didn't find Superman mopey or or sad in BvS.
    Am thinking we'll get a Superman that people will enjoy in the Supergirl TV series and still have a Superman that people will enjoy in the upcoming Justice League movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yes. I think the time is right for Supergirl to expand. I can understand why we didn't see Superman in full in the first season. Nobody really knew if this show would succeed. It was a female superhero who had never headlined her own show before or a successful movie for that matter. But it worked. Supergirl succeeded. She showed that there's room for a female hero among the crowded class of other superhero TV shows. Now, CW can build on that success and bringing Superman into the mix can certainly help if done right. My main concern about this show, however, is its time slot. They're still putting this show up against Monday Night Football. That is unfair competition and one that might undermine its potential moving forward.
    If the character of Superman is cast well and the story lines are very good I don't think it really matters about the time slot.
    And not everyone watches Monday Night Football.
    Over the years I've seen many a TV show that was able to do quite well in a time slot where there was either a football game or hockey game airing on the same night.
    There are quite a lot of Supergirl and Superman fans out there too who are very eager to see this on TV and can't wait for the new season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The ratings for Supergirl weren't that bad while it was competing against Monday Night Football. The ratings were good enough that CBS extended the order from 13 episodes to 20 episodes. Some of the highest rated Supergirl episodes were the same day as MNF. And the last game of MNF was December 28th. It wasn't March and April that the Supergirl ratings had a severe dip. Weeks after Monday Night Football was over. If Supergirl had maintained the ratings it was getting when MNF was still on CBS might have kept it. I think that because those last episodes were TV14 while earlier episode were TVPG might have lost some of the audience that had younger children. That probably made the difference. The bigger concern for next season will be that Supergirl is competing against The Big Bang Theory the first few weeks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Alternatively, they've just watched Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow and have seen what a generally poor job the CW/DCU has done with female characters over the last few years.
    CW female characters tend to be annoying for some reasons. Looking at you Felicity. Even CW Nysa al Ghul is an annoyance now.