Super Moderator

Default LOOK: "Betty & Veronica" #1 Gets 25 Astounding Covers from Archie Comics

Preview all 25 covers for Archie's new "Betty and Veronica" series from superstar writer/artist Adam Hughes ("Catwoman").

Full article here.

I love that they had a preview of the blank sketch cover. It made me snort.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Spectacular Member

As much as I love Adam Hughes' art, I would dearly love to see Cliff Chiang on this book!

Member in Disguise

The most highly-anticipated debut in comics history is here!
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Hey, I've been looking forward to this way more than I was looking forward to DC Rebirth, and considering how much I hated the New52, that is saying a lot!

I love many of the different covers that I'm having a tough time to pick which one I might get.

I will however say that I don't like that circle image of the two ladies above on many of the covers. I stands out but not in a good way clashing with the rest of the great covers and art styles. The few that doesn't have that on their covers isn't hurt like the others and makes them more special for that.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

There certainly are a lot of great covers for the B & V debut. While I've never liked variants, I wouldn't mind having ALL of those covers! What Archie should do is put those covers into a single collection, plus more by other artists, especially mainstream artists from DC, Marvel, Image, etc., and donate the sales to the Comic Book Defense Fund. I'm sure a book like that would sell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Jem comics has had some nice variant covers and after a few issues they came out with a Jem covers artbook that had the variants. Due to the number of Archie and Archie related titles have many great variants I hope they might do the same as they look fantastic but I can't afford all the covers even with each at cover price (plus I only need one to read the tale inside). I constantly questioning myself to which one or two covers to get.

I would like to have a Gilbert Hernandez or Jaime Hernandez cover. Or a two-fer: one would draw Betty and the other would draw Veronica.