Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think another good thing about this preview is that Wonder Woman stopped those criminals without using a single bladed weapon.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

What if there are two different Hippolyta's?!

What if Diana is her own twin?!

[s]I joke, but honestly, I'd be... okay if it turned out that this Diana was trans by magical means, ala Sera from Angela[/s]
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 06-06-2016 at 06:19 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

[s]I joke, but honestly, I'd be... okay if it turned out that this Diana was trans by magical means, ala Sera from Angela[/s]
    DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be cool... but DC would never.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison
    I think another good thing about this preview is that Wonder Woman stopped those criminals without using a single bladed weapon.
    That was also cool. Hope that sticks. I personally think she should use the blade for huger threats.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It's possible that it could still be deceit and/or cover-up done by Circe, Hecate, the Queen of Fables, or someone like that.
    This could be just Manhattan affecting things: getting darker origin and amazons. So now after wally back, things are getting back to normal.

humm this would be really polemic

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be cool... but DC would never.
    Oh they would totally never, especially since the idea I had in mind would involve there being another Diana around with the clay body origin, while trans!Diana/former Jason became the goddess of War.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Here's the preview:

http://www.craveonline.com/entertain...oman-rebirth-1

It's about what I expected--she's wondering not only about her mystery twin and what he was chosen for, but about which of her origin stories is true. I think they're probably both somehow true (and not true).

The art's nice, and I like the playing around with the meaning of "wonder woman." And it's nice that she appears to be helping out some exploited and abused women.
    Not a bad start, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    This could be just Manhattan affecting things: getting darker origin and amazons. So now after wally back, things are getting back to normal.
    I think it has more to do with Urzkartaga.

Something to note, actually. Hippolyta in the clay origin has black hair, Hippolyta in the Zeus origin has blonde.

Hippolyta on the cover has brunette.

The truth is somewhere in between.

Something to note, actually. Hippolyta in the clay origin has black hair, Hippolyta in the Zeus origin has blonde.

Hippolyta on the cover has brunette.

The truth is somewhere in between.
    That's Hippolyta on the cover? That could be it.... but she seemed to have black hair in the sneaks Nicola posted. Then again, those were just pencils...

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    That's Hippolyta on the cover? That could be it.... but she seemed to have black hair in the sneaks Nicola posted. Then again, those were just pencils...
    It might just be a popular assumption as far as I know, but yeah, most people are saying it's Hippolyta.

It'd honestly make lots of sense.

Amazing Member

The art while she is fighting is terrible. I mean Finch had some bad moments drawing her as well, but this looks just as bad.

The whole mystery origin/memory changing seems interesting.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Looks good but it worries me that it is only the first issue and they already have 2 artists doing it.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Lovely art in the preview. Not sure I want to see the lasso used as a bullwhip, though.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Looks good but it worries me that it is only the first issue and they already have 2 artists doing it.
    this is a one shot introducing the rebirth themes, no worries here. First issue june 22

BANNED

I'll be getting it. I'm interested to see where Rucka is going and I'm really hoping for a decent Wonder Woman book I can really like again. It's been a while. I also like the art, as good as anything in the Rebirth issues and much better than some.

I remember when N52 came out I was please Chiang was drawing, right up until I saw it. I like Chiang, I think he's hugely skilled but I felt we got far from his best on Wonder Woman