Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Lovely art in the preview. Not sure I want to see the lasso used as a bullwhip, though.
    yeah i think he said in an interview its gonna be a whip or something but im not sure why

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think another good thing about this preview is that Wonder Woman stopped those criminals without using a single bladed weapon.
    For once they are also only human.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    yeah i think he said in an interview its gonna be a whip or something but im not sure why
    The solicits have said the lasso isn't working in it's usual state. Likely why.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Thanks for posting the link, Silvanus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The muddled memories thing, if that's what the opening panels are going for, is kinda disappointing. That's a major Johns-ism, and I was hoping WW would escape his all-encompassing influence. But in the end I guess no property is. To some degree everything is going to be felled by his stupid retcons that haven't worked since the original GL Rebirth. I was hoping Rucka was just going to go with deceit and cover-up here, as opposed to altered history or anything like that.
    This was my first thought, as well. I kept thinking I'd prefer a cleaner break - ala nu52; just pick an origin and build from there. This mixed up memories bit doesn't really do it for me. So far?

But the art is nice. And more brunette Hippoltya always makes me happy.

I think another good thing about this preview is that Wonder Woman stopped those criminals without using a single bladed weapon.
    More lasso makes me happy, too. Just hope they don't get too whip-y with it.

This already feels very much like a post-Crisis Wonder Woman story. I thought they were getting rid of the Silver armour though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    This was my first thought, as well. I kept thinking I'd prefer a cleaner break - ala nu52; just pick an origin and build from there. This mixed up memories bit doesn't really do it for me. So far?
    Yeah I felt the same way, it just muddle things up even more if Rucka fails to keep a straight line in this and we end up wondering just which origins is actually the real one. Like, we know Diana doesn't remember her own birth, she's just been told a story... but would it hurt anyone if Hippolyta could stick to one hair color during it? But I kinda suspect thats exactly what they are aiming for as long as Scott is doing the years of youth for Diana... we will be getting two stories, one that feels like its from the pre-Flashpoint world drawn by Scott, where everything is depicted as Diana was told with the odd winks and hints to the present situation. And then we have the story in the present by Sharp where Diana is going about sorting the truths and the lies from the past.

And in a way it makes sense to do it like this since Scott has been on record for her disapproval of what the New 52 WW was like, so it makes sense she'd be back to do more of the WW that she loves and respects while remaining free of the aspects that she doesn't approve of.

Regarding the use of the Lasso... Diana did point it out to Hephaestus that the Lasso was a weapon in her hands when he tried to get her to take some 'proper' (read: modern) weapons for the rescue trip to Hades. But who knows, maybe Rucka wants to introduce 'Wonder Spank' as a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Thanks for posting the link, Silvanus.

The funny thing is that it seems every major Wonder Woman arc has a shocking addition to Wonder Woman's origins

> Based Byrne, "Wonder Woman had a clone she forgot about!"
    > Jiminez, "The Titans also created a evil Wonder Woman at the same time!"
    > Simone, "The clay WW was made out of was in fact a monster!"
    > Azz, "Turns out you have a daddy!"
    > Rucka, "You got a twin brother WW!"
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

With magic(and the 3 sorceresses I mentioned), there's a slew of "back doors" for that case or perhaps Grail and Myrna lied, were confused, or were also subject to a sorceress' spell.
    While anything is possible, right now this has that "Trainwreck" smell all over it.

[QUOTE=Pinsir;2074895]The funny thing is that it seems every major Wonder Woman arc has a shocking addition to Wonder Woman's origins

> Jiminez, "The Titans also created a evil Wonder Woman at the same time!"

If you are referring to Devastation, she was created by Eric Luke during his run. Jimenez didn't change or add to Diana's origin.

Regarding the two different artists, there could be a shift in the book (it is Rebirth after all) halfway through that they wanted to specifically highlight visually. This would make sense as Diana is being depicted in her nu-52 garb in these first pages, but her Rebirth costume on the cover.

So the change in artists from page 14 to 15 could be being used to further the storytelling of Rebirth.

So she is deflecting bullets with her bracelets...even though they bounce off of her?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    So she is deflecting bullets with her bracelets...even though they bounce off of her?
    They aren't bouncing off her....her right arm is moving and deflecting bullets as it goes... Notice how they are "bouncing" off thin air....she's just moving so fast that all you see is the deflection of the bullets...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The muddled memories thing, if that's what the opening panels are going for, is kinda disappointing. That's a major Johns-ism, and I was hoping WW would escape his all-encompassing influence. But in the end I guess no property is. To some degree everything is going to be felled by his stupid retcons that haven't worked since the original GL Rebirth. I was hoping Rucka was just going to go with deceit and cover-up here, as opposed to altered history or anything like that.
    It's not 'altered history', if the mysterious Jason is someone, with an undefined mystical origin, who's been in the DCU for decades...

COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    They aren't bouncing off her....her right arm is moving and deflecting bullets as it goes... Notice how they are "bouncing" off thin air....she's just moving so fast that all you see is the deflection of the bullets...
    Oooohh...yeah, I get it now.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While anything is possible, right now this has that "Trainwreck" smell all over it.
    Why dies it seem like a trainwreck?