Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Should I check out All-New Wolverine?

So, I'm a lapsed 90's X-Men reader. The last actual X-comics I've read were the first trades each of Whedon and Morrison's runs, nothing since.

I don't know anything about Laura (I also don't give a crap about CWII). But I think she looks pretty awesome in the yellow and blue costume. Is All New Wolvie worth checking out? The first trade at least?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    So, I'm a lapsed 90's X-Men reader. The last actual X-comics I've read were the first trades each of Whedon and Morrison's runs, nothing since.

I don't know anything about Laura (I also don't give a crap about CWII). But I think she looks pretty awesome in the yellow and blue costume. Is All New Wolvie worth checking out? The first trade at least?
    One of the best X-Books Marvel is putting out right now, for sure. Definitely worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post

Sure. The first trade is a pretty neat self-container. David Lopez has some great art too.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yes. It is worth a look. If you dont care for CW2(i dont) issue 10-12 might not be for you. But overall the series has a nice balance of humor and seriousness. And action naturally. Even if you know only the basics of laura it isnt hard to start with. Arts been decent and is the best book right now among xsolos.

Absolutely.

Of course you won't get certain references if you are not familiar with her and the reveal at issue 6 will have more impact if you have read previous stories but those are not deal breakers and and there isn't anything else you really need to know.
    After all the goal was to craft new stuff and to move forward.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Absolutely yes. You should definitely check out All-New Wolverine. As other posters have said, it's one of the best X-books out there right now. It doesn't deal heavily with the ongoing time travel or sterilization plots. It really fleshes out a great character in X-23. It also has an adorable pet wolverine named Jonathan. Where else are you going to find a comic that fun?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I have a question about it. I know people do not like that Laura was a weapon...and since then joining the New Xmen and then Avenger Academy have changed her. But in ANXM she is just attacking without much thought about it. I HATE this, even if she isn't an assassin she still has the training and is able to efficient and capable. Is this how New Wolvie is? Is she running around attacking or is there a thought pattern...

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    I have a question about it. I know people do not like that Laura was a weapon...and since then joining the New Xmen and then Avenger Academy have changed her. But in ANXM she is just attacking without much thought about it. I HATE this, even if she isn't an assassin she still has the training and is able to efficient and capable. Is this how New Wolvie is? Is she running around attacking or is there a thought pattern...
    ANXM ignores all of Laura's past character growth and reverts it to the point where Claremont first introduced her to the X-Men. ANW embraces all of her past character growth, and shows she approaches things tactically instead of rushing in because "it is what Logan would do".

ANXM is bad and Laura is out of character the entire time.
    All-New Wolverine is not that way to answer your question.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Ill check it out then.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    ANXM ignores all of Laura's past character growth and reverts it to the point where Claremont first introduced her to the X-Men. ANW embraces all of her past character growth, and shows she approaches things tactically instead of rushing in because "it is what Logan would do".
    Claremont wasn't the one to introduce her, she first showed up in NYX, and the characters actual creators were working on her mini around the same time, as he was writing her in uncanny.

Clarmonts depiction is fairly discongruous with every other depiction of the character ever.

All New Wolverine comes off as a natural progression of the character, as opposed to ANXM which is taking the piss.

Gonna go with the crowd and recommend this book highly. It's even better if you catch up on Laura's back-story, though; Taylor really does highlight how much she's grown as a character.

It's the best X-book out now in my opinion.

BANNED

Thanks for the recommendations--I have checked out a few previews, Lopez's art looks pretty good. Will probably at least give the first trade a bash.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Me when Angel was in the book:
    drake-hotline-bling-jacket-moncler.jpg
    Me when he left:
    gjkuk.jpg