Amazing Member

Default Infinite Crisis worth a read?

Hi everyone, just wanted to clarify some stuff. I followed to reading order all the way until OMAC #6. It seems like it's still a very long way to go, it's at page 6/50 in the reading order. I stopped awhile back and was thinking of continuing because infinite crisis is supposed to be a major event that changes things? Or lead to flashpoint? I don't know why I started reading maybe a year back but it's something big like that. Now with rebirth out, how does this factor into things? Is it relevant anymore? Can someone fill me in, this comic business is very confusing.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

You can read Infinite Crisis itself without all the lead up titles.

If you were so inclined to read the lead up titles, here's the list. Ignore the single issues and focus on the multi-part event titles.

You can skip Villains United, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance without losing too much. The things are OMAC, JLA Crisis of Conscience, and Infinite Crisis.

Amazing Member

Ahh this is much more compact and quicker. Although I must say I've not enjoyed the omac stuff. Nevertheless, thank you.

I wasn't a huge fan of Infinite Crisis, but I dug all the lead up minis. Villains United, OMAC Project, Day of Vengeance and Rann/Thanagar War were all great reads.

BANNED

I thought it was garbage personally. Only Final Crisis and Legends beats this in worst events DC have ever done

Depends how much you like John's.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    I thought it was garbage personally. Only Final Crisis and Legends beats this in worst events DC have ever done
    It was mediocre IMO - but Final Crisis was fantastic!

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

The build-up minis were much better than the actual story itself. For me, Infinite Crisis suffered from inconsistent art and too many "shock-value" moments. But it is a nice, brisk, entertaining read.

Amazing Member

I´m pretty much alone with this but i loved Infinite Crisis. Simply beacuse i think Superboy-Prime is one of the best villains DC has come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I wasn't a huge fan of Infinite Crisis, but I dug all the lead up minis. Villains United, OMAC Project, Day of Vengeance and Rann/Thanagar War were all great reads.
    I'm not sure I'd go quite that far; but, I enjoyed elements of Villains United and a couple of other things. For me, Infinite Crisis was a mix of a mediocre rehash of Crisis on Infinite Earths and a whole lot of pointless violence. Final Crisis was pugilistic endeavor, geared towards ex-equines.

In hindsight, IC seems decidedly pointless - and what it did to the surviving trio of COIE didn't go down well with me at all.

That said, it had great potential.
    #ILOVEYOU3000

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonte View Post
    I´m pretty much alone with this but i loved Infinite Crisis. Simply beacuse i think Superboy-Prime is one of the best villains DC has come up with.
    You're not alone, man. I enjoyed Infinite Crisis as well. The build up, the tie-in's. Alot of it I liked. I can't say I thought it was absolutely flawless, as I thought the conclusion could have been better, but at the end of the day, I thought Infinite Crisis was a worthy 'sequel' of sorts to COIE. Less epic in scope, sure, but effective nevertheless.

The "Infinite Crisis: Secret Files and Origins" issue is not to be missed for someone who's interested in checking IC out. It focuses solely on the survivors of COIE, and their plight in the so-called 'Paradise Dimension'.

Infinite_Crisis_Secret_Files_and_Origins_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Final Crisis was pugilistic endeavor, geared towards ex-equines.
    From what I get from my dictionary, that means its related to boxing and it's geared towards people who used to be horses.

I'm guessing that's not what you meant.