Default New gods rebirth (needed)

I've been reading all of jacks original new gods material and then John Byrnes work on the fourth world and simonsons excellent treatment of Orion. Here's why we need a new gods rebirth

The legacy of the new gods (told by Kirby and in the tales of the new gods) is completely scrapped in the new 52. What a waste.

High father is new 52 is more like the high father before steppenwolf killed his wife. He needs to revert back to the peaceful benevolent character. Not the war like God head high father

He infinity man in new 52 was never explained. Not the brother of darkseid. He needs help.

New 52 Orion is like a teen heart throb. Not the dog of war. He's ruthless in the pre new 52.

Here's my suggestion.

If darkseid found out that the new gods were tampered with hed be livid to restore it

Maybe that's what will happen with baby darkseid.

Thoughts.

Agreed. They should definitely bring back a lot of the pre-Flashpoint aspects of the New Gods. I was hoping the classic High Father would return at the end of Godhead but sadly he remained the militant jerk. And while I loved Azz's Wonder Woman run I really disliked frat bro Orion. The less said about Villains Month: Darkseid the better.
    Johns seemed to be trying to return the New Gods to their more classic form in the Darkseid War. I'm hoping that going forward DC will revert them back to a version that is closer to Kirby's original concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Agreed. They should definitely bring back a lot of the pre-Flashpoint aspects of the New Gods. I was hoping the classic High Father would return at the end of Godhead but sadly he remained the militant jerk. And while I loved Azz's Wonder Woman run I really disliked frat bro Orion. The less said about Villains Month: Darkseid the better.
    Johns seemed to be trying to return the New Gods to their more classic form in the Darkseid War. I'm hoping that going forward DC will revert them back to a version that is closer to Kirby's original concepts.

I think it'd be a nice guesture to us new gods fans that if they allow darkseid to remember the old way and mythos and let him go after manhatten

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I would read a New Gods title in a heartbeat. Especially if DC got a good team behind it. Like say Grant Morrison on writing and Keth Giffen on art.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I would read a New Gods title in a heartbeat. Especially if DC got a good team behind it. Like say Grant Morrison on writing and Keth Giffen on art.
    Grant Morrison would be fantastic for a New Gods series! I just want Orion to go back to being the wardog that he was and would love Mister Miracle to be one of the main characters for it too.

BANNED

The death of the new gods and Final Crisis was supposed to lead into the fifth age of gods but that arc was completely ignored after Flash Point. It would be nice if they finally decided when the fifth age will be ushered and write stories folding the mytho into a revolunalized one which takes the vision of Jack Kirby forward without reverting to classical versions and just not be the same stories being rewritten but new stories which add further to the legend of the new gods.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    The death of the new gods and Final Crisis was supposed to lead into the fifth age of gods but that arc was completely ignored after Flash Point. It would be nice if they finally decided when the fifth age will be ushered and write stories folding the mytho into a revolunalized one which takes the vision of Jack Kirby forward without reverting to classical versions and just not be the same stories being rewritten but new stories which add further to the legend of the new gods.
    Yeah but earth is supposed to be the FIFTH WORLD of gods. I would love to see an Elseworld story of this event happening but obviously it can't happen in continuity. Though Johns kind of did it in the Darkseid War.

The way Johns was writing Mister Miracle, I kind of felt that he was enjoying writing the New Gods and almost expected him to write a Mister Miracle book.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

I would love a new New Gods book, but I am not sure who they would get that could do it justice. They would need a Morrison or Hickman to helm the book.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I would love to see the New Gods in the Rebirth line-up, that way Mister Miracle and Big Barda can together again. Yes, they are one of my favorite couples in comics.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

They should definitely give the New Gods the Rebirth treatment. And I would absolutely LOVE a Miracle Man & Barda book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor