Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Sebastian Stan: "Black Panther" Is "Natural" Place For Bucky's Return

Without saying it by name, Stan implied that "Black Panther" is the "clear" place for Winter Soldier to show up next.

Full article here.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

My theory is that Bucky will be Chekhov's Gun. He'll be mentioned offhandedly and eventually seen in stasis, and eventually T'Challa will free him for help against whatever before freezing him again until Steve dies in Infinity War and Bucky feels guilty for not being there to help his friend. Then Wanda will learn to de-program him and we have a new Cap.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    My theory is that Bucky will be Chekhov's Gun. He'll be mentioned offhandedly and eventually seen in stasis, and eventually T'Challa will free him for help against whatever before freezing him again until Steve dies in Infinity War and Bucky feels guilty for not being there to help his friend. Then Wanda will learn to de-program him and we have a new Cap.
    I'm thinking I could live with that.

Why are their quots around "black panther" in the title when he never, ever said the word. Or say Wakanda. Hell, he doesn't even know where his character is.

This is just his conjecture, hardly news, and while he may be one of the macguffin's in movie, he ain't coming out of the freeze to help.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Why are their quots around "black panther" in the title when he never, ever said the word. Or say Wakanda. Hell, he doesn't even know where his character is.

This is just his conjecture, hardly news, and while he may be one of the macguffin's in movie, he ain't coming out of the freeze to help.
    Isn't it correct grammar to put quotes around the title of a piece of literature/movie in certain written pieces?

Stan was clearly referencing the Black Panther movie.

Bucky will have some role in the movie but I hope its minimal. He can have an important part but not take time away from a Wakandan story.

I want this to be T'Challa's movie but I'm good with a scene where he revives Winter Soldier as part of a strategy.

It could be pretty awesome
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

I'm not expecting him to play a big role, but I'd like it if we got a cameo or some more insight into how his deprogramming is going .

I hope Bucky only appears in the mid or post credit sequence. The movie should concentrate on T’Challa and his supporting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    If they have T'Challa going to Bucky for Help they shouldn't even bother making the movie.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    If they have T'Challa going to Bucky for Help they shouldn't even bother making the movie.

Why is that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Why is that?
    White savior.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    White savior.
    That's not what that tropes means at all. White savior is where the main character of a movie is an outsider that goes to live in a new society that they are unfamiliar with and either teaches them new values and methods of fighting based upon his/her own culture or becomes the leader/very important 'general' of said society through their own social structures (can be a prophecy or merely working their way up the ranks). The main character reviving someone near the climax to help solve a problem would be more accurately referred to as MacGuffin or Sealed Good in a Can.

It should be noted that White savior doesn't even have to be white or the culture they are becoming a part of human. The main character of Avatar (blue cat people) would have been fulfilling the White Savior trope even if he'd been a mixed race black/Chinese woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelocust View Post
    That's not what that tropes means at all. White savior is where the main character of a movie is an outsider that goes to live in a new society that they are unfamiliar with and either teaches them new values and methods of fighting based upon his/her own culture or becomes the leader/very important 'general' of said society through their own social structures (can be a prophecy or merely working their way up the ranks). The main character reviving someone near the climax to help solve a problem would be more accurately referred to as MacGuffin or Sealed Good in a Can.

It should be noted that White savior doesn't even have to be white or the culture they are becoming a part of human. The main character of Avatar (blue cat people) would have been fulfilling the White Savior trope even if he'd been a mixed race black/Chinese woman.
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of "Mighty Whitey"?

Comparison: "White Savior".

Your example of Avatar would be both, IMO.

So if a white character helps a black character, it's a "White Savior" trope.

If a black character helps a white character, it's a "Mystical Negro" trope.

Guess this is what the Balkans feels like.