Super Moderator

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions for Tom Taylor

Tom Taylor is the next guest for X-Position and CBR wants your questions for the "All-New Wolverine" writer.

Full article here.

BANNED

Mr. Taylor,

Very much enjoying the series so far, particularly your attention to detail and Laura's history. Seeing the reference to NYX in issue 4 was particularly welcome, as it's a part of her history that many writers seem anxious to skirt around. They may obliquely reference it, (so it gets more play than her early Uncanny appearances) but it's seldom tackled directly. I realize that part of her life is not without controversy; It's often been called exploitative/objectification, and it certainly makes people uncomfortable (as it should; she was a child and by any definition it was rape). However it's also an important part of her background. NYX was without question Laura at her lowest point, and perhaps the only time we've ever seen her completely lose herself to her rage was when she was taunted about it by one of Zebra Daddy's former goons in the Liu series. Which brings me to my question:

Do you believe that there's untapped potential in further exploration of that part of her past, in the manner of how Jessica Jones examined the lingering effects of rape? Sexual slavery and child prostitution are serious problems even in the West that we often want to turn a blind eye to. We like to pretend it doesn't happen here, and Laura seems like someone who could give a voice to the women (and men) who have been victimized by sex trafficking in a way that not many Big Two superheroes can. Laura herself may have largely recovered from the experience (though it at times appears to be a bit of a raw nerve), but there seems to be a great deal that she could still do to serve as a positive example for readers who may not understand the associated emotional damage and social stigma, and "give back," as it were (IE, Laura addresses a support group for victims of sex trafficking about her own experiences).

Also, revisiting NYX could mean the return of Kiden Nixon: the one who got Laura out of that life, her first real friend after Megan, and someone who it's a shame hasn't been seen since the X-23 one-shot.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 06-08-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Spectacular Member

Dear Mr. Taylor.

I was hoping that you would answer a simple question for me.
    Can you tell us if the Captain Universe plot point from X-23 #16 will ever make a reappearance? Will she eventually become Captain Universe or has this plot point been abandoned in the shed.

Hey Tom,

Who wins Jonathan the Wolverine or Lockheed the Dragon? Can Jonathan go the distance with the heavy weight champion X-Pet of the world? *cue Rocky theme* And should i start booking the main arena at the MGM Grand for the bought?

Also any chance we might see Laura interact with some of the scattered X-Men across the globe. Also any chance of Daken checking in on his "little sisters"?

-The Big G
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Mr. Taylor,

How did the meeting between All-New Wolverine and Spider-Gwen came about since Spider-Gwen lives in another dimension ?

Will Johnathan the Wolverine meet the Pet Avengers in the future ?

Will Gabby meet Molly Haynes in the future ?

Will Laura be reunited with her New X-men friends in the future ?

A meeting between Miles Morales and All-New Wolverine ?

Ms. Marvel meeting the All-New Wolverine in the future ?

Hi Tom Taylor, and thank you for writing such a great All-New Wolverine series so far. The Squirrel Girl issue was surprisingly brilliant and from what I've seen, Gabby is the best new comic character of the last year, Marvel or DC.

Without specific spoilers, how closely will the All-New Wolverine series tie into Civil War II?

On a related subject, do you know how involved she will be in the main event? I noticed her in one panel of Civil War II 1 and would like to see more of her involved in other major titles, but I also realize she won't be one of the main characters in the event. After all, she is filling a major character's shoes.

Have we seen the last of Bellona or Alchemax?

With the major reveal at the end of All-New Wolverine 9, I assume that there will be some sort of relationship between Laura and Old Man Logan going forward and that you probably won't say too much until after issue 10 releases. Instead of asking a question about that, how do you think Gabby sees Old Man Logan, being the clone of his clone?

On a bit of a sillier note, what do you think Laura's favourite movie is? Favourite musical artist or band? Most hated kind of food?

Questions for Tom Taylor:

1. So far Laura seems disinterested in Old Man Logan saying “he’s not the man I knew” and expressing annoyance when Gabby brought him to their home. This surprised me given how in different titles the other X-Men have happily accepted the alternate Wolverine into their lives. What are your thoughts-reasoning on Laura’s surprising stance on having “Logan” back and can we expect to see over the course of their team-up her viewpoint towards him change?

2. At the end of issue #9 Old Man Logan said Laura’s apartment is “where he raised her” in his universe seemingly confirming that there was an X-23 he knew in his reality. Can we also take this as a confirmation that whatever counterpart Laura had was killed by Logan along with the other Earth-807128 X-Men and will we see flashbacks on their Earth-807128 relationship similar to the 616 one’s in your series or the wasteland adventures in Jeff Lemire’s title?

3. Other Marvel characters that Laura has encountered have voiced their general approval of her resuming the role of Wolverine so far but can we assume Old Man Logan will as well and whether he does or not can we expect to see some reaction from Laura on this?

4. With the post credits scene of X-Men Apocalypse, unique casting call for Wolverine 3, Bryan Singers confirmed pitch to 20th Century Fox, and the overall rumor of Laura’s theatrical debut what’s your opinion as the writer of her solo series on the possibility of her being introduced into the X-Men films?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kamose1234 View Post
    Questions for Tom Taylor:

1. So far Laura seems disinterested in Old Man Logan saying “he’s not the man I knew” and expressing annoyance when Gabby brought him to their home. This surprised me given how in different titles the other X-Men have happily accepted the alternate Wolverine into their lives. What are your thoughts-reasoning on Laura’s surprising stance on having “Logan” back and can we expect to see over the course of their team-up her viewpoint towards him change?

2. At the end of issue #9 Old Man Logan said Laura’s apartment is “where he raised her” in his universe seemingly confirming that there was an X-23 he knew in his reality. Can we also take this as a confirmation that whatever counterpart Laura had was killed by Logan along with the other Earth-807128 X-Men and will we see flashbacks on their Earth-807128 relationship similar to the 616 one’s in your series or the wasteland adventures in Jeff Lemire’s title?

3. Other Marvel characters that Laura has encountered have voiced their general approval of her resuming the role of Wolverine so far but can we assume Old Man Logan will as well and whether he does or not can we expect to see some reaction from Laura on this?

4. With the post credits scene of X-Men Apocalypse, unique casting call for Wolverine 3, Bryan Singers confirmed pitch to 20th Century Fox, and the overall rumor of Laura’s theatrical debut what’s your opinion as the writer of her solo series on the possibility of her being introduced into the X-Men films?
    I really hope they at least use #1, because Laura's reaction REALLY implies that seeing Old Man Logan is hitting a raw nerve for her.

Mr. Taylor,

First of all, I want to thank you for all your work on All-New Wolverine. It is one of the best comics on the racks right now, Marvel or otherwise. I mean that sincerely. Now, onto my questions:

1. What will Gabby's role be moving forward? She's in a very similar position to the one X-23 herself was in early on. What can we expect from her now that X-23 has committed to helping her?

2. X-23 has said in recent issues that she doesn't see Old Man Logan the same way she saw the one that died. So what will her attitude be towards Old Man Logan moving forward?

3. How will the events of Civil War II affect All-New Wolverine?

4. Dennis Hopeless has shaken up X-23's relationship with Teen Angel in All-New X-men. Will any of these issues come into play in All-New Wolverine?

5. Logan always had a long list of enemies chasing him. X-23 hasn't been around long enough to make so many enemies. That said, she does have more than her share and she's already made a few since this series began. So what can you tell us about the enemies she'll be facing in the near future?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Tom:

I'm enjoying All New Wolverine immensely, and while All New X-men is also enjoyable, I actually believe that Laura might be an even better fit over on the Avengers Unity Squad with Captain America, Doctor Voodoo, Human Torch, Rogue, Deadpool and Cable. For one thing they could use some more females, especially one currently using the mantle of a major Marvel A-lister. Any chance that the All New Wolverine might show up there, either on a temporary or ongoing basis? Would love to see her interact with Cable and Deadpool for sure.

Mr. Taylor,

You've been doing a great job with Laura, she's really coming into her own as the All-New Wolverine. I'm particularly enjoying the guest appearances of characters from various corners of the Marvel U; they don't feel shoehorned into the stroy, but feel natural and fun instead. Is there any chance Laura'll meet with Rogue, Havok, Sunfire and/or Odinson in the near future? (I'm a fan of the first Avengers Unity Squad) While we're at it: if you had to pitch an Avengers Unity Squad, who would make your team?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Spectacular Member

What would you say Laura's voice would sound like in real life?