Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by darima80 View Post
    I read somewhere Supergirl, Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd will be a few of the new additions, but it appears that the cast is going to be larger than in the previous iteration. It'd be nice if it was at least doubled.
    I'm not saying we couldn't see some returning cast, in fact I'm sure a lot of the cast will be regime and insurgency characters from the first game. But the game had a very unexpectedly popular prequel comic that killed off and removed a good number of characters from the universe and the game did the same thing.

As of now in this world we don't have a Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, any green lanterns, Martian Manhunter, black canary(although given the comic she could be back), Shazam, no batman wards expect for Damian, Joker, most of the teen titans, and who knows how many else. If the regular DC universe isn't involved this time then we're going to need to fill some roles.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Uh oh, apparently the game will have a loot system. Not just cosmetic loot either.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/j...ers-loot-drop/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm not saying we couldn't see some returning cast, in fact I'm sure a lot of the cast will be regime and insurgency characters from the first game. But the game had a very unexpectedly popular prequel comic that killed off and removed a good number of characters from the universe and the game did the same thing.

As of now in this world we don't have a Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, any green lanterns, Martian Manhunter, black canary(although given the comic she could be back), Shazam, no batman wards expect for Damian, Joker, most of the teen titans, and who knows how many else. If the regular DC universe isn't involved this time then we're going to need to fill some roles.
    I don't expect the game to follow anything from the comic. The comic became it's own thing. Year 5 was when the game took place and the comic went in it's own direction. Not to mention the Injustice Earth got destroyed in convergence.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't expect the game to follow anything from the comic. The comic became it's own thing. Year 5 was when the game took place and the comic went in it's own direction. Not to mention the Injustice Earth got destroyed in convergence.
    Personally I was never sure what to make of that short scene in convergence, especially since we are now getting a game sequel. All I know is that DC and the publisher if I recall correctly, because the comic book has been coming out for five years now, said the comic was the official prequel set before the events of the game that explained how all the characters got to where they are when the game starts and from what I've seen so far it appears to be following that forumula well. Not to mentions it's been very popular and with a sequel game I'm sure we are going to see a sequel comic connected to the new game as well.

Not saying I can't be wrong of course, I'll fully admit if I'm wrong, but even if the comic is non-cannon for whatever reason there are still some characters who died in the original game.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-08-2016 at 02:21 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I suspect now that Injustice 2 is incoming the comic team will likely try to keep the series running until March, or possibly do an adaption of the first game alongside it.