Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    But again... Lovers can be Best Friends.

So just because he only describes her as having been a best friend. That doesn't take away there past.

I get it. I want them to be romantic. But as long as Chip doesn't do anything where another writer couldn't put them back romantically ill be ok. But i am so nervous about this issue. I don't want it to shit on Howard/Bev's history. So as long as they are on good terms at the end of the issue tomorrow...I'll be OK. I won't necessarily be happy but as long as he doesn't ruin it..ill survive.

I mean I was never a Mary Jane/Peter Parker shipper but if there fans can survive One More Day..I should be able to survive Howard and Bev not being a couple. But they better be on damn good terms and leave hope for the future. Chip wasn't a big fan of the romance. I get it. But just don't ruin it.

But Chip made it Canon..at least in Issue 5...that Howard wanted to go Home. And the Nexus sent him to Beverly. Beverly is his HOME. With her is his home.
    spoilers:
    They kept talking of each other as best friends, but Bev said after his life settles down if he's ready to just live like an ordinary duck-person, she could come live with him. She later mentioned a King Sized bed in the guest room, and he took mock offense as though he knew she was joking and that they'd really share a bed if that happened. My guess is that the writers are restricted by Marvel from having them as lovers, but are keeping the door open, as you said, and not contradicting the notion that they were lovers and could be again.

I think Bev-Howard shippers will like this one. A lot of time was spent on how they care about each other and the old adventures. And Howard didn't want to sleep in the guest room.

Its about the best they could do in that area if they hypothetically had an editorial edict saying that they couldn't actually explicitly reference it as a romance
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 06-08-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    spoilers:
    They kept talking of each other as best friends, but Bev said after his life settles down if he's ready to just live like an ordinary duck-person, she could come live with him. She later mentioned a King Sized bed in the guest room, and he took mock offense as though he knew she was joking and that they'd really share a bed if that happened. My guess is that the writers are restricted by Marvel from having them as lovers, but are keeping the door open, as you said, and not contradicting the notion that they were lovers and could be again.

I think Bev-Howard shippers will like this one. A lot of time was spent on how they care about each other and the old adventures. And Howard didn't want to sleep in the guest room.

Its about the best they could do in that area if they hypothetically had an editorial edict saying that they couldn't actually explicitly reference it as a romance
    end of spoilers
    Thanks so much! This is brilliant!

Spectacular Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    But I'm guessing Howard doesn't stay and that Beverly doesn't leave with him. Either one makes me very sad.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Xofer View Post
    spoilers:
    But I'm guessing Howard doesn't stay and that Beverly doesn't leave with him. Either one makes me very sad.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah. I mean, technically, since Howard showed up on her front lawn, Bev stayed, but not with Howard. Upon returning to Mew York, though, Lea Thompson shows up at his Detective Agency. And the door is left wide open for Howard and Bev to team up again in the future. She just doesn't want that kind of life anymore, with all the dangerous killer robots and aliens and supervillans and whathaveyou. She still cares about him, and is shone having a regret about her decision after Howard returns to NY
    end of spoilers

BTW, I hope these spoilers encourage rather than discourage people from reading the issue. Howard the Duck isn't necessarily a great seller, and it may need some extra sales to ensure it survives Marvel's very frequent linewide reboots. Definitely something to subscrive to, put in your pull list, or at least be sure to buy most months if you want it to still be there down the line. Its not one of those big name titles that'll probably always be there no matter what.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 06-08-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Spectacular Member

BTW, I hope these spoilers encourage rather than discourage people from reading the issue. Howard the Duck isn't necessarily a great seller, and it may need some extra sales to ensure it survives Marvel's very frequent linewide reboots. Definitely something to subscrive to, put in your pull list, or at least be sure to buy most months if you want it to still be there down the line. Its not one of those big name titles that'll probably always be there no matter what.
    spoilers:
    I'm sure people will think I'm unreasonable but no, I won't be buying it. I started reading Howard the Duck in '76 with the first issue and collected the whole run. I still have all the black and white bimonthlies. But a Howard title without him and Beverly together isn't one I want to read.
    end of spoilers

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    But again... Lovers can be Best Friends.

So just because he only describes her as having been a best friend. That doesn't take away there past.

I get it. I want them to be romantic. But as long as Chip doesn't do anything where another writer couldn't put them back romantically ill be ok. But i am so nervous about this issue. I don't want it to shit on Howard/Bev's history. So as long as they are on good terms at the end of the issue tomorrow...I'll be OK. I won't necessarily be happy but as long as he doesn't ruin it..ill survive.

I mean I was never a Mary Jane/Peter Parker shipper but if there fans can survive One More Day..I should be able to survive Howard and Bev not being a couple. But they better be on damn good terms and leave hope for the future. Chip wasn't a big fan of the romance. I get it. But just don't ruin it.

But Chip made it Canon..at least in Issue 5...that Howard wanted to go Home. And the Nexus sent him to Beverly. Beverly is his HOME. With her is his home.
    Yeah. My opinion is that this issue showed them as tremendously romantic and more than platonic friends. They're soulmates, whether there's sex involved or not.

Might be my favourite issue of this month so far.

spoilers:
    And she's got powers!
    end of spoilers
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Xofer View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm sure people will think I'm unreasonable but no, I won't be buying it. I started reading Howard the Duck in '76 with the first issue and collected the whole run. I still have all the black and white bimonthlies. But a Howard title without him and Beverly together isn't one I want to read.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Might be worth buying the issue which does have Bev and Howard together. It meets your criteria, and if it saw a sales spike for her guest appearance that dropped when she left, they might bring her back on a more regular basis. However, it's of course your dollar to spend however you like.

I'm pretty intrigued by the Lea Thompson storyline coming up, personally.

But I'll admit I skipped #6 because I had that Squirrel Girl person and it was the second part of a crossover I wasn't going to buy the first part of. I have the other issues, though, and am a subscriber now.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Might be worth buying the issue which does have Bev and Howard together. It meets your criteria, and if it saw a sales spike for her guest appearance that dropped when she left, they might bring her back on a more regular basis. However, it's of course your dollar to spend however you like.

I'm pretty intrigued by the Lea Thompson storyline coming up, personally.

But I'll admit I skipped #6 because I had that Squirrel Girl person and it was the second part of a crossover I wasn't going to buy the first part of. I have the other issues, though, and am a subscriber now.
    end of spoilers
    This issue was brilliant.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    You misread the bed joke. Beverly said "KID" sized bed.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Quibble:
    spoilers:
    She said KID-sized bed.
    end of spoilers
    Um yeah... what nightwing said.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Love my new icon! haha.

spoilers:
    Also, I was thinking Bev is a mutant. But then I re read what the sentinel said and that it goes after all super powered people so I guess she could be inhuman.
    end of spoilers

Last edited by Slicknickshady; 06-08-2016 at 08:48 PM.