Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I really like the looks of Wally and Garth.

With Roy, this look is better than the previous one. I was hoping to lose the cap and tats, but this hat is so much better than the previous one. Being backwards allows us to see his face better. I'm not sure about those sunglasses though.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Really hate that they kept the tattoos and the stupid hat from the New 52 Arsenal, Rebirth was the perfect chance to bring Roy back to how he used to look, closer to his appearance on Arrow or Young Justice.
    His YJ look would've been perfect, it's simple and badass.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Roy looks like a badly colored version of Sports master with the dudebro cap on backwards. Bring back the trucker hat!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So over on Newsarama it looks like it was confirmed that Wally will still be going by The Flash, so no need for a new codename either.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I still have yet to see anyone provide a LEGIT reason why a hat on Roy doesn't work.

I'm not looking for "Wahhh this isn't How it was when i was a kid"
    Are you looking for "ha ha ha, because he looks like an idiot"?

If so, I've got good news.

I still have yet to see anyone provide a LEGIT reason why a hat on Roy doesn't work.

Looking at him in the hat is more than reason enough to get rid of it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Really hate that they kept the tattoos and the stupid hat from the New 52 Arsenal, Rebirth was the perfect chance to bring Roy back to how he used to look, closer to his appearance on Arrow or Young Justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    His YJ look would've been perfect, it's simple and badass.
    I also would not have minded the Arrow suit be adopted into the comics .

He does look much better with the hood on for this costume...

Once again more cool designs from Booth. Guy is underrated. His designs aren't always "simple", but rarely too detailed to the degree I've ever heard anyone complain about having to draw 'em. Just turn Roy's hat the right way, that'd be my only suggestion. The backwards cap hasn't been a thing for a while. Or maybe it is again and I missed it. I'm not "with it" anymore.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-07-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also would not have minded the Arrow suit be adopted into the comics .

He does look much better with the hood on for this costume...
    I wouldn't be against that costume, it's pretty awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    Some nice costumes. Is it me or does Omen feel like a 'we REALLY wanted raven but couldn't get her' though?
    Thats kinda been Omen's problem since 1980 when Raven had her debut and sort of dropkicked Omen down onto the reserves bench, ofc this perception has not helped at all by designs, like this one, that looks very 'Raven-ish' and the tendency to only feature Omen when Raven is unavailable.

If I am honest, I think Omen would do a heck of a lot better if writers and artists stopped trying to make her into Raven and instead aim her at being DC's Jean Grey... a character she actually resembles a heck of a lot more than she does Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Thats kinda been Omen's problem since 1980 when Raven had her debut and sort of dropkicked Omen down onto the reserves bench, ofc this perception has not helped at all by designs, like this one, that looks very 'Raven-ish' and the tendency to only feature Omen when Raven is unavailable.

If I am honest, I think Omen would do a heck of a lot better if writers and artists stopped trying to make her into Raven and instead aim her at being DC's Jean Grey... a character she actually resembles a heck of a lot more than she does Raven.
    Yep, that's the problem here. And, honestly, I've always felt that Donna was DC's Jean Grey.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Spectacular Member

All this focus on costumes, when DC's real problems are editorial and writing.

I actually think that Roy looks great. I've got no problem with him wearing a cap, makes sense if you're an archer to keep hair out of your eyes and it probably makes more sense to wear it backwards as the peak could otherwise restrict your view. Don't get the hate at all. Think the black and red looks good together too.

It looks dumb and doesn't fit with the rest of the outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by LGBoex View Post
    All this focus on costumes, when DC's real problems are editorial and writing.
    Although you are right, good editorial and writing is what will keep you coming back week after week, the visuals are an important aspect to comics and costumes have always been a point of discussion/contention, so I don't see the problem.