Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Nobody thought Wally was gonna go back to being KF. Does anyone at CBR actually read this stuff? DC Universe Rebirth clearly showed him to be the same height as Barry. People were wondering about what name he'd ACTUALLY use. After reading Flash Rebirth, yeah he's the Flash again.

Good costumes except Roy's hat. Stop trying to make Hat roy happen, it's not gonna happen!
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Looking at him in the hat is more than reason enough to get rid of it.
    But that still isn't much. It's just standard nerd hate which I am honestly sick of. Hats and tattoos on a superhero aren't/shouldn't be a big deal. I'm sure that there's a reason that he sports a hat and ink, but i don't need everything to be spoon-fed to me.

FYI people: You don't have to be a 'dudebro' to wear your hate backwards, there is nothing with wearing a cap backwards. And yes, people still wear their caps backwards. Get out more.

Wally's costume is the main one that interests me. I see what they're going for, a Flash costume with references to the old Kid Flash look, in order to make him visually distinct from Barry. It feels a bit like a regression, but as long as he's still the Flash, I'm fine with it. It's a good compromise. I wonder if he'll make it out of the Speed Force?

Wally's costume is just perfect, I can't imagine a better design.
    Donna's is growing on me, I always liked the color scheme, maybe ditch the shoulder armor.
    I like Roy's, could live without the cap, but I guess that's becoming his thing.
    Garth looks good.
    Omen looks fine.

Astonishing Member

Man I really like that Wally costume.

Less to say about the Titans, who we've seen more of. Dick's new look is great. Speaking more specifically to Booth's new designs, I think Roy's look is a slight downgrade but it's still not a terrible look. Donna's 50/50 compromise between her black/silver costume and a more New 52/Wondery armor is actually pretty darned rad, but will still never hold a candle to her red leotard Wonder Girl wardrobe's brilliant design. But I'm quite happy with it here. Omen's look ... is freaky. It's not bad, just strange and unsuperheroish, but man, it's such a far cry better than that Harvest/Lobdell weird design from before that went nowhere anyway.

Garth's new design might be the best Garth design ever made. His characterization has been on point since his depictions started in the New 52 (though obviously that's his "memory altered characterization"), but his designs have been a bit ... off. But again, a gorgeous 50/50 compromise between his "Aqualad" style (mini-Aquaman) costume and the blue water camo Aquaman look that was donated to him (first in odd "red" form, now in vastly superior blue) but with these subtle tweaks to make him look slightly more wild and maritime is just great. I love the open toes, cut sleeves, scruffy hair, scraggly beard, continuation of Atlantean magic tattoos. I like how distinct he seems like he's going to look from Kaldur.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 06-08-2016 at 05:10 AM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Wally's costume REALLY reminds me of someone else's like it's just a recolour but I can't put my finger on who's at the moment.

My initial thought when I saw Aqualad was that someone had worked in a homage to Jericho. Not the costume specifically but the look overall is retro.

Dick? Maybe the blandest Nightwing costume yet it's a lot of nothing.

Roy? the sunglasses are channelling Hawkeye to me

Lilith's costume is a bit sinister for a hero I feel

And Donna it looks like they've tried to bring the Troia costume back without actually bringing it back. I actually don't mind it but I'm not sure it's any better than her N52 look

Spectacular Member

Wally looks awesome. Wont be surprised if the DCEU flash shares elements of this design.
    Even though I prefer Roy's n52 look, but I'd be okay if they'd just get rid of the shades and turn his hat to the front.
    I also preferred Donna's n52 look, but do realize that it was a bit too detailed and not many artists would be willing to draw her in those threads.

Nightwing is the weakest of the lot IMO. They could've at least given him winged gauntlets. The blue stripes on the legs are pretty cheesy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    But that still isn't much. It's just standard nerd hate which I am honestly sick of.
    Quite right. What we need is a peer-reviewed journal article that explains in scientific detail why Roy looks like an idiot.

The costumes all look good to me and can't wait to see and read about this team together. Really hoping that they keep the roster static for the first year or so. I don't want to see these guys break up for awhile and I don't want them to add so many characters to the book that we don't get any meaningful character interaction.

Some thoughts on the individual designs...

Nightwing. Cool. Not too busy and back in blue.
    Arsenal. I like it. It's a definite improvement over his old one. I don't mind the hat and hopefully they can get his tattoos right.
    Tempest. A good design. Looking forward to reading about Garth.
    Donna Troy. I like it. I wish it was red instead of black though.
    Omen. I really dig this.
    Flash. Okay. I wish it had more yellow like his KF costume but I won't complain since it has the half-cowl which I think is very important to Wally's look.

Can't wait for this book!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    But that still isn't much. It's just standard nerd hate which I am honestly sick of. Hats and tattoos on a superhero aren't/shouldn't be a big deal. I'm sure that there's a reason that he sports a hat and ink, but i don't need everything to be spoon-fed to me.

FYI people: You don't have to be a 'dudebro' to wear your hate backwards, there is nothing with wearing a cap backwards. And yes, people still wear their caps backwards. Get out more.
    Everyone here dislikes the design, you like it more power to you but to everyone else it's a garbage design that should be thrown out and forgotten.

Also can you tell me what "standard nerd hate" is?

I don't think you are getting what most everyone is saying. The hat and tattoos themselves aren't a dumb idea (kinda) they just look like garbage. For example Garth has an awesome face tattoo, that's how you do a tattoo not have it been a mess of colors that changes panel to panel.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Wally's costume REALLY reminds me of someone else's like it's just a recolour but I can't put my finger on who's at the moment.

My initial thought when I saw Aqualad was that someone had worked in a homage to Jericho. Not the costume specifically but the look overall is retro.

Dick? Maybe the blandest Nightwing costume yet it's a lot of nothing.

Roy? the sunglasses are channelling Hawkeye to me

Lilith's costume is a bit sinister for a hero I feel

And Donna it looks like they've tried to bring the Troia costume back without actually bringing it back. I actually don't mind it but I'm not sure it's any better than her N52 look
    I don't understand why archers now in comics all wear sunglasses instead of masks. Ollie is the only one wearing a mask now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    My "legit" reason is that I think it looks incredibly stupid, tbh. Backwards hats always look silly on guys, no matter how cool they think they are.
    post2.jpg

I think forward facing gives him a distinct look, though.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Everyone here dislikes the design, you like it more power to you but to everyone else it's a garbage design that should be thrown out and forgotten.

Also can you tell me what "standard nerd hate" is?

I don't think you are getting what most everyone is saying. The hat and tattoos themselves aren't a dumb idea (kinda) they just look like garbage. For example Garth has an awesome face tattoo, that's how you do a tattoo not have it been a mess of colors that changes panel to panel.
    Saying everyone here dislikes it is a bit of a stretch honestly. Take it from some one who actually practices archery, if you're going to wear a ballcap it pretty much has to be backwards. When I was in high school I wore hats(forward facing) on a daily basis, it was the late 90s, and I always turned it around when target practicing. If I didn't the bill of the hat would get in the way of the string. Does that make it a good look? Not necessarily. But it is practical and quite common for hunters.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

For the most part they're all good with the exception of Omen.

Let's see....

Wally - It's looks good here by Booth, but still not a fan of the extra lines.
    Roy - I like it, but the hat, tats and glasses have to go. He needs a mask.
    Donna - It's a nice cross between her Wonder Girl and later Troia days. However, I'd prefer it in red with yellow stars.
    Dick - His outfit was one of the rare ones that I liked of the New52, but in blue. I can live with this new one though.
    Garth - Probably my favorite of the bunch.
    Lilith - They needed to go back to her earlier days for inspiration and not her first Omen outfit. She's not Raven.
    Lilith is a reflection of the times around her. I think DC was thinking Lilith when the came up with the New 52 Enchantress design.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Roy's dudebro look works for Roy. Its like they embraced him being a tool and made it part of his look. I dig it

All the costumes are fine except for Omen's. She looks like she's wearing bed sheets or something.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-08-2016 at 10:41 AM.