Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Get rid of that &*$^% cap. Other than that, I like the designs. Booth usually comes up with some really good stuff. Better stuff if he's left to his own devices.

Nightwing costume looks sick. Didn't liked too much of Roy hat and his glasses (?). Wally costume is meh, I personally prefer his previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I still have yet to see anyone provide a LEGIT reason why a hat on Roy doesn't work.

I'm not looking for "Wahhh this isn't How it was when i was a kid"
    I dig the hat -fits his "fratboy Arrow Bro" characterization for lack of a better phrase - besides there's precedent for Speedy to sport a hat. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I mean...

The Omen look is LITERALLY mostly a recolor of her previous look, before the New 52.

I do wish they'd been more ambitious with it, but it basically fits the same mold that Dick's does.
    Wasn't part of the point of that Omen look to conceal the identity of the character being Lilith from the reader as well as other characters? The mystery being part of the plot?
    I just don't get the WHY? of the costume now post- Titans Hunt Rebirth without that as motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Wasn't part of the point of that Omen look to conceal the identity of the character being Lilith from the reader as well as other characters? The mystery being part of the plot?
    I just don't get the WHY? of the costume now post- Titans Hunt Rebirth without that as motivation.
    The only thing I can think of is that out of the Titans, she has the most public identity as a counselor. So I can see why she'd want to keep it secret.
    I just think she went a bit overboard with it. :-)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Man I really like that Wally costume.

Less to say about the Titans, who we've seen more of. Dick's new look is great. Speaking more specifically to Booth's new designs, I think Roy's look is a slight downgrade but it's still not a terrible look. Donna's 50/50 compromise between her black/silver costume and a more New 52/Wondery armor is actually pretty darned rad, but will still never hold a candle to her red leotard Wonder Girl wardrobe's brilliant design. But I'm quite happy with it here. Omen's look ... is freaky. It's not bad, just strange and unsuperheroish, but man, it's such a far cry better than that Harvest/Lobdell weird design from before that went nowhere anyway.

Garth's new design might be the best Garth design ever made. His characterization has been on point since his depictions started in the New 52 (though obviously that's his "memory altered characterization"), but his designs have been a bit ... off. But again, a gorgeous 50/50 compromise between his "Aqualad" style (mini-Aquaman) costume and the blue water camo Aquaman look that was donated to him (first in odd "red" form, now in vastly superior blue) but with these subtle tweaks to make him look slightly more wild and maritime is just great. I love the open toes, cut sleeves, scruffy hair, scraggly beard, continuation of Atlantean magic tattoos. I like how distinct he seems like he's going to look from Kaldur.
    I agree with this. Good fashion essay.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Man I really like that Wally costume.

Less to say about the Titans, who we've seen more of. Dick's new look is great. Speaking more specifically to Booth's new designs, I think Roy's look is a slight downgrade but it's still not a terrible look. Donna's 50/50 compromise between her black/silver costume and a more New 52/Wondery armor is actually pretty darned rad, but will still never hold a candle to her red leotard Wonder Girl wardrobe's brilliant design. But I'm quite happy with it here. Omen's look ... is freaky. It's not bad, just strange and unsuperheroish, but man, it's such a far cry better than that Harvest/Lobdell weird design from before that went nowhere anyway.

Garth's new design might be the best Garth design ever made. His characterization has been on point since his depictions started in the New 52 (though obviously that's his "memory altered characterization"), but his designs have been a bit ... off. But again, a gorgeous 50/50 compromise between his "Aqualad" style (mini-Aquaman) costume and the blue water camo Aquaman look that was donated to him (first in odd "red" form, now in vastly superior blue) but with these subtle tweaks to make him look slightly more wild and maritime is just great. I love the open toes, cut sleeves, scruffy hair, scraggly beard, continuation of Atlantean magic tattoos. I like how distinct he seems like he's going to look from Kaldur.
    Garth's design is my favorite by far; rugged and sexy. The rest are really good, though I do get why, based on Omen's design, many would think it was a nod to Raven, but I like it; it's very dramatic.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that out of the Titans, she has the most public identity as a counselor. So I can see why she'd want to keep it secret.
    I just think she went a bit overboard with it. :-)
    I think it's also going to be dependent on if she has her magical connections back, at least in part.

What if she's actively trying to disguise herself from Twister and the Demon, and that's why?

I mean her other design, the one they almost used, also covered her face.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Omen looks absolutely terrible, but the others look okay. Bumblebee and Wally are my favorites. I'd like Donna's to be red instead of black, but then the team would look way too red.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I think it's also going to be dependent on if she has her magical connections back, at least in part.

What if she's actively trying to disguise herself from Twister and the Demon, and that's why?

I mean her other design, the one they almost used, also covered her face.
    I like this design on Omen more than the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I dig the hat -fits his "fratboy Arrow Bro" characterization for lack of a better phrase - besides there's precedent for Speedy to sport a hat. :-)
    I want either a hood or the Robin Hood cap back.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Amazing Member

I like the designs, although, I agree that Donna should be in red instead of black. Her costume no longer has the map for the multiverse, so it shouldn't be black. Omen, one of my favorite Titans, needs a more streamlined costume, although, aside from her original red and black costume, she would show up with short shorts and knee-highs, so I guess this is a step up...I guess? As long as she's not that monster from NOWHERE that Lobdell relegated her to, I'm cool with the design. Let's hope they don't break her neck again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    Saying everyone here dislikes it is a bit of a stretch honestly. Take it from some one who actually practices archery, if you're going to wear a ballcap it pretty much has to be backwards. When I was in high school I wore hats(forward facing) on a daily basis, it was the late 90s, and I always turned it around when target practicing. If I didn't the bill of the hat would get in the way of the string. Does that make it a good look? Not necessarily. But it is practical and quite common for hunters.
    I too, practiced archery for a few years when I was in scouts. While I never used a hat when shooting, I also never ran around doing parkour and complex moves when doing it. You make the point of having a realistic reason for a backwards hat but then I can counter it with, why doesn't the hat fall off when he's running around all the time?

If it's so important to people that Roy needs a hat then okay, have a hat just don't make it look stupid.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

I guess some people will never swayed. Their loss, I guess. The hat isn't going anywhere, it's been here since 2011. Might as well let it go and accept it. No comment on the feather cap. Really? I dig the cap and I refuse to argue with angry Nerds. Leaving it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I guess some people will never swayed. Their loss, I guess. The hat isn't going anywhere, it's been here since 2011. Might as well let it go and accept it. No comment on the feather cap. Really? I dig the cap and I refuse to argue with angry Nerds. Leaving it at that.
    Said the comic book forum member to the other.

The feathered cap is horrible though, but it works for a sidekick.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)