Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Like people said, almost everyone deserves more than Mystique! But to be honest, I don't want any X-Men solo movies. I don't even like the Wolverine ones, but anyway he's like the only character with appeal for that. I prefer the characters to be protagonists on the X-Men ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    When you are a movie studio, you don't pick the main character of your first female-lead superhero movie on what is popular in the comics. You pick it based on what you think will work in a movie and on what has been proven to be popular in your movies.

Which is so incredibly not Storm or Rogue or Jean Grey...
    Ahem, Rogue's solo sold fine actually despite it's poor writing and X-Men Legacy (the other Rogue solo) was also doing ok. Sales really fell when Legion took over and he's getting his own Fox series so...

But Supernature is right, even if they've had one or two failed attempts at solo's you can't say Marvel really tried all that hard with them. How many times have Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel been given relaunches despite their poor sales?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Ahem, Rogue's solo sold fine actually despite it's poor writing and X-Men Legacy (the other Rogue solo) was also doing ok. Sales really fell when Legion took over and he's getting his own Fox series so...
    And my entire point is that what is or isn't popular in the comics is not relevant towards what will make a good movie. Look at Guardians Of The Galaxy, who barely existed in comics before they got a movie out of the blue. Whether or not you can make it work well in a movie is the only thing that matters.
    In tv land, Jessica Jones is as big as Daredevil and Luke Cage.

And my entire point is that what is or isn't popular in the comics is not relevant towards what will make a good movie. Look at Guardians Of The Galaxy, who barely existed in comics before they got a movie out of the blue. Whether or not you can make it work well in a movie is the only thing that matters.
    In tv land, Jessica Jones is as big as Daredevil and Luke Cage.
    Sorry reading comprehension fail. I read that "you do pick your main...".

No but yeah, I agree with you then, Fox and the MCU aren't going by what's popular in the comics to introduce as lead characters. Heck that's part of why we've had the Mystique/Magneto/Xavier show for the last six movies despite it not being like the comics at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    All of them. Literally all of them.
    Totally. If I had to narrow it down to five, though:

• Rogue
    • Jean
    • Storm
    • Dazzler
    • Magik

BANNED

Sorry reading comprehension fail. I read that "you do pick your main...".

No but yeah, I agree with you then, Fox and the MCU aren't going by what's popular in the comics to introduce as lead characters. Heck that's part of why we've had the Mystique/Magneto/Xavier show for the last six movies despite it not being like the comics at all.
    What I really like about it is that they have set up Mystique as a valid alternative or middle road between the old Magneto versus Xavier false dichotomy.

It's not unlike what they did in the comics with Cyclops (before the wheels came of the wagon by bad writing with AvX).

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Like I love all the X-Women but a DAZZLER movie would be the most wildly entertaining especially since FOX doesn't stick to source material and the movie would probably actually be about a mega rock star kicking ass in true fanfic fashion.

There'd be an insane soundtrack, romance, danger, NYC, drama, loads of action, costume change montages, and probably a Sage cameo. Can't lose.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 06-08-2016 at 09:50 AM.

BANNED

But Supernature is right, even if they've had one or two failed attempts at solo's you can't say Marvel really tried all that hard with them. How many times have Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel been given relaunches despite their poor sales?
    So true.

Storm, Jean Grey and Rogue deserves to have their own solo movie.

I think a Storm movie would work as it would develop her character in the movies. You could even have Scott, Jean, Nightcrawler, and Quicksilver guest star as a supporting cast, kind of like how Captain America movie had other Avengers in it. Have her face off against the shadow king and base the movie in Africa. We can also get a glimpse at her parentage and how she came to be an orphan and street their. The movie can also end tying in with the next X-men movie.

Likewise I can see an Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix movie.We need a movie that gives Scott the chance to develop into the leader he is, and SLOWLY develop the relationship between he and Jean. At the same time Jean needs to be Phoenix before a Dark Phoenix story is tackled. This movie can also showcase her as a lead female character embracing who she is and ending as a tie in with future X-men movies.

An Emma Frost movie might work if it turns out that she did not die after all.

A Psylocke movie may also work but I would rather see her join the ranks of X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Like I love all the X-Women but a DAZZLER movie would be the most wildly entertaining especially since FOX doesn't stick to source material and the movie would probably actually be about a mega rock star kicking ass in true fanfic fashion.

There'd be an insane soundtrack, romance, danger, NYC, drama, loads of action, costume change montages, and probably a Sage cameo. Can't lose.
    That's why I included it in my list of five. I'm not a big fan, or anything, but I think her story would make for a great solo film. Maybe even an awesome tv series, like on Netflix...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I think a Storm movie would work as it would develop her character in the movies.
    So far they can't even properly cast Storm.

I think the studio will make a Mystique and X23 movie.

For me, I think a Storm and Jean would've worked if they weren't so tied to this current team or if they had made a bigger world. A new Rogue could steal the show if they delve into her villain past and stolen powers. In fact she could usurp either Gambit, Mystique or even W3. Psylocke can pull off a solo if they retool her own backstory (Capt. Britain) and solo adventures.

I'd also want a female heavy team to balance the other studio sausage fests plus its X-men. They could make a an all female team. Hellfire should be mostly female.

If not these, there are still tons of X-women. If told right, they could make a world building solo movie out of one of the X-women's personal story. Especially since this is an alternate universe and new timelime. Sky is kinda the limit.

So far they can't even properly cast Storm.
    What about Alexandra Shipp?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    What about Alexandra Shipp?
    I am not impressed. And I very much doubt she can carry a movie. She looks the part, and that's where IMO all similarities with her character and Storm end.

BANNED

Agreed with the "All of them" movement. But I would like to see a proper, costumed and well written Emma or Psylocke. Psylocke would have to go beyond the Ninja trope though, that can only carry one so far. Emma can literally be any genre.