Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I actually really enjoyed this, and I didn't expect to.

My nitpicks are pretty minor -- Clayface looks way too big in a few of the panels and I'm still not liking Cass's new costume and identity all that much, but I thought everything else was good.

This was a lot better than the Batman Rebirth book, imo.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    This needs to be tempered, so I really hope they aren't going to play her up too much. She's an incredible fighter, but if she is setup as this swiss army knife vigilante who is BEST EVAR she is doomed to fail as a character. I really hope they don't play her up as someone who could easily take out Batman.
    She's doomed to fail because...she has weaknesse's, like she can't even talk properly, or read...her struggles were never fight-related, in the previous continuity on issue 68 of her Batgirl run, it was stated that Cass could have killed Deathstroke, Lady Shiva, Penguim and everyone else if she wantted to, but she choosed not to...and on issue 70 Cass flat-out stated that she had never went all out ever in her life, and that was after she had already beaten Batman, Lady Shiva, Ravager, stallemated Deathsroke, etc...
    Besides, like Caivu said, this Cass hasn't showed enough for me to see her as even half as capable as her former self.

Incredible Member

Yeah, I was torn between chuckling and swallowing hard at that line due to Tim's New 52 history with Penguin.

And I ain't keen on Steph being proficient at hacking (and her mother even farther diverting from her original incarnation), either, but overall that's a minor issue.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Incredible Member

I enjoyed everyone, i was a little confused about Clayface, because i thought this version of him was more of a bad guy? maybe he's getting "rebirthed" as well? anyway, pretty good issue to start the run.

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    She's doomed to fail because...she has weaknesse's, like she can't even talk properly, or read...her struggles were never fight-related, in the previous continuity on issue 68 of her Batgirl run, it was stated that Cass could have killed Deathstroke, Lady Shiva, Penguim and everyone else if she wantted to, but she choosed not to...and on issue 70 Cass flat-out stated that she had never went all out ever in her life, and that was after she had already beaten Batman, Lady Shiva, Ravager, stallemated Deathsroke, etc...
    Besides, like Caivu said, this Cass hasn't showed enough for me to see her as even half as capable as her former self.
    Being unbeatable physically makes her difficult to write, and being as fragile as she is as a character (one bad run could put her back into obscurity) I am very okay with her not being able to just shut down everybody physically.

And @Twincast, yeah I don't like her mom being a genius. I'd hate her for her to totally lose the "wrong side of the tracks" shtick.

Putting Tim back in school, a college i presume, is a smart move. All in all this was fine. Not bad, not great. Nice to see Batwoman prominent in it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-08-2016 at 10:34 AM.

I thought this was okay. It's nice to see that it's focusing more on Kate, but she's used mainly as a viewpoint character. The character introductions were very straightforward. They each got a quick biography blurb, and little else to really get an impression of how they fit in. Clayface was the only character that really stood out.

loved it. my favorite rebirth title so far.

Amazing Member

great start! definitely got the Arkham Knight vibe from the bad guy and if that's who it is, I couldn't be happier. That game was very fun to watch unfold. Even my wife liked to watch me play (!) because of the storyline.
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors

Very cool issue. The art was much better than I expected. For some reason I've always thought of 'Tec as the 'lesser' of the two main Bat-books, but I enjoyed this issue more than Batman: Rebirth #1! My only gripe is that they are still using that awful 'Red Robin' codename for Tim.

Speaking of which, what was the 'letter' he referred to during the fight with Spoiler? Is that a follow-up to some older comic?

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    That's not true, she always had trouble fighting metahumans and even the fights against some of the characters you mentioned weren't walk in the park. Stop giving such a one note view of Cassandra Cain, it's not helping anyone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerKB View Post
    Very cool issue. The art was much better than I expected. For some reason I've always thought of 'Tec as the 'lesser' of the two main Bat-books, but I enjoyed this issue more than Batman: Rebirth #1! My only gripe is that they are still using that awful 'Red Robin' codename for Tim.

Speaking of which, what was the 'letter' he referred to during the fight with Spoiler? Is that a follow-up to some older comic?
    So far, the speculation on this thread is that the letter is tied to some kind of schooling for Tim. And no, it's not some previous thread from another book; B&R:E was too packed with establishing two other team members places in the Batworld, and TT was too incompetent.

Also, just a note, I actually like Red Robin...as a title given to Tim after he graduates from being Robin and wears a cowl. So yeah, this does kind of feel like a half measure for the character until he gets patched up for another solo run.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Well it was definitely much better than Batman Rebirth #1 which to me is right now is crawling to the bottom as far as Rebirth one shots are concerned. I really thought I would skip Tec but Batman seems to be on my personal chopping block instead, nothing about King's Batman excites me, not his interviews, not his one shot and not the solicits. If not for King himself I wouldn't have bothered. Still not sold on Clayface though.

End rant LOL.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 06-08-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerKB View Post
    Nothing that's come up before. Probably a college acceptance letter.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Surprisingly good actually. Hopefully this stays consistent.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.