Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Set-up vignettes. Pretty solid way to do the "Rebirthing" issue, and I like that the story motivation is a proper mystery, possibly even a mystery 'beyond' the initial mystery that we the readers sort of already know the answer to by the end. Tim/Steph/Cass get a good show and I can't wait to see Kate whip them into shape. I thought the identity reveal bit was cute, though I'd have (in a title called 'Detective') at least liked to have been walked through a clever way of knowing just how Kate figured it out. Then again, if she's anything like let's say, my own brother, she might not have, she might just be amazing at not appearing surprised by things, so when he took off the mask she just dropped the old poker face on him.
    That reveal is one of the smaller "mysteries" that I want to know more about. What exactly happened "a year and a half" ago, if anything, to make her realize it? As for the larger mystery of what the Colony is, I'll put my tin foil hat on and say the leader is Jacob Kane. Or even Kate herself, somehow. To be clear, both of those would be really horrible ideas, but I'm mentioning it now just in case that's how it turns out.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Yeah. Nobody locks Tim out of anything.
    I kinda feel like he's passed training. I swear he's been doing this longer than Batwoman.
    Yeah, I've kind of just accepted that Tim's proficiency is going to be downplayed a bit in service of the narrative. A small price to pay IMO to get Tim being written in character again.

As for the locking out, what I think Steph could do is repeatedly try and fail to access Tim's stuff, triggering some kind of lockout. So while this wouldn't truly lock him out, it would be annoying for him to take the necessary steps to get back in. Her genuinely being able to lock him out of his PC is a huge leap in her abilities out of nowhere though, so I hope this is kind of a one off.

Extraordinary Member

Batman does say that Tim has the best tactical mind and tells Batwoman that Tim is to be her lieutenant, so he is narratively on a level above the other 3 in terms of overall training.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    That reveal is one of the smaller "mysteries" that I want to know more about. What exactly happened "a year and a half" ago, if anything, to make her realize it? As for the larger mystery of what the Colony is, I'll put my tin foil hat on and say the leader is Jacob Kane. Or even Kate herself, somehow. To be clear, both of those would be really horrible ideas, but I'm mentioning it now just in case that's how it turns out.
    The leaders head didn't look anything like Kate's head, Jake though that's possible. Other militant and war style characters are General/Ulysses, Wrath(New-52), KG Beast,Bane and Arkham Knight who doesn't exist in comics so this story could introduce a new variation. Wouldn't be surprised if it's one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    The leaders head didn't look anything like Kate's head, Jake though that's possible. Other militant and war style characters are General/Ulysses, Wrath(New-52), KG Beast,Bane and Arkham Knight who doesn't exist in comics so this story could introduce a new variation. Wouldn't be surprised if it's one of them.
    It's the shaved hair that made me think that (and again, this is such a stupidly off-the-wall theory) it's her. Whoever it is looks a bit small to me to be Bane, but I like those more plausible options. Realistically, I think it'll be someone brand new. That way the villain can be sort of bland so as not to take away from the characterization and interactions of the main cast, which IMO is more important to set up in the first arc of a team book.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It's the shaved hair that made me think that (and again, this is such a stupidly off-the-wall theory) it's her. Whoever it is looks a bit small to me to be Bane, but I like those more plausible options. Realistically, I think it'll be someone brand new. That way the villain can be sort of bland so as not to take away from the characterization and interactions of the main cast, which IMO is more important to set up in the first arc of a team book.
    If it was new I dont think they'd have kept his identity secret, by the looks of it we'll definitely find out by #6 maybe #5.

KGBeast or Ulysses would be cool, keep up the 90s theme.

But I agree that it shouldn't be some deep complex villain. I'm totally okay with an MCU style villain that allows them to focus more on the good guys.

Incredible Member

Very good start, can't wait for the next issue

Incredible Member

I also enjoyed seeing how Batman sees Cass as a pretty much unstopable fighter, i mean just like in the previous continuity, even he knows that she could easly kick his ass if she wantted too that's my badass girl, right there.

This has been better than batman rebirth 1..

Batwoman knows how to give orders.. And these three have the chance to be friends again, like in convergence..

Our enemies? Anti-Batmen..
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-08-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=adrikito;2078100]This has been better than batman rebirth 1..

Batwoman knows how to give orders.. And these three have the chance to be friends again, like in convergence..

Our enemies? Anti

Sadly, Batman rebirth #1 was underhelming, to say it in a nice way...Tec #934 was much, much better.
    Hopeffuly it will keep up.

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=adrikito;2078100]This has been better than batman rebirth 1..

Our enemies? Anti

Sadly, Batman rebirth #1 was underwhelming, to say it in a nice way...Tec #934 was much, much better.
    Hopeffuly it will keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    I also enjoyed seeing how Batman sees Cass as a pretty much unstopable fighter, i mean just like in the previous continuity, even he knows that she could easly kick his ass if she wantted too that's my badass girl, right there.
    This needs to be tempered, so I really hope they aren't going to play her up too much. She's an incredible fighter, but if she is setup as this swiss army knife vigilante who is BEST EVAR she is doomed to fail as a character. I really hope they don't play her up as someone who could easily take out Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    This needs to be tempered, so I really hope they aren't going to play her up too much. She's an incredible fighter, but if she is setup as this swiss army knife vigilante who is BEST EVAR she is doomed to fail as a character. I really hope they don't play her up as someone who could easily take out Batman.
    Agreed. This Cass is not yet on the level of solo series Cass, and has a ways to go to get there.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty good overall set-up issue. Definetly did a good job of introducing the players, establishing their motivations, and even good (if brief) character interactions between Kate and Bruce, and Steph and Tim. The bad guys do have that expendable quality you guys have talked about, but they also have the intriguing hook of deliberately aping Batman's image.

And I could be wrong, but if Tynion has decided to include at least Penguin's part of Tim Drake's new origin (the only kart that I actually kind of like), then the little spiel he gives about Penguin killing people for 50 bucks is nice.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP