Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Justice League #51

It's a brave new world in the devastation that follows "Darkseid War."

Full preview here.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Of course, Batman is faster than The Flash. If the Flash couldn't hit the thing before the thing moved away, how come Batman could?

Otherwise, I'm interested in this post-Darkseid story that takes place 6 months after 5 years ago.....I'm already confused.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    Of course, Batman is faster than The Flash. If the Flash couldn't hit the thing before the thing moved away, how come Batman could?

Otherwise, I'm interested in this post-Darkseid story that takes place 6 months after 5 years ago.....I'm already confused.
    It is a Titans rebirth prequel the Post-DS stuff was either scrapt or happening in #52.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Justice League 51 and 52 are just a mess. They have swapped the two back and forth many times, the article says that this came out yesterday, and the preview and description don't even match!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

I like Batman but usually when he's put out in the battlefield with the JL writers tend to pull this kind of stuff. It leaves me thinking "huh" and having a negative impression that they couldn't use him in a more believable fashion.

So wait a minute...this takes place 4 and a half years in the future? And why is Robin named Dick? I thought Robin was an African American guy now?
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    So wait a minute...this takes place 4 and a half years in the future? And why is Robin named Dick? I thought Robin was an African American guy now?
    In the past. Duke Thomas is not Robin. The current Robin is Damian, Bruce's son.

BANNED

You went the opposite direction of the timeline.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

He had prep time.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Fantastic Member

Robin is named Damian and is Batman's son.

African American guy's name is Duke, he was in We are Robin, along with a ton of other "Robins", not official Robins(Dick, Jason, Damian, Tim*, and Stephanie* for a short period) though. Duke is most likely going to be called Lark not Robin.

* I'm not sure if Tim or Stephanie were still considered former Robins in new 52 retcons.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Looks fun! I like seeing Robin with the Justice League!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    It's a brave new world in the devastation that follows "Darkseid War."

Full preview here.
    Dear CBR News: Please read the previews before posting them. The content has changed from what was previously solicited.

This is six months after the fight with Darkseid, not six months after the five years later of the original New 52 timeline.

Abnett's Barry sounds really off. I would think he'd be rushing in to meet and greet Robin, making him feel comfortable, not saying "Batman has a sidekick! Ha ha!"

Wow Hal, what did Constantine do to you ?

Always love me some Paul Pelletier art .

Does the narration remind anybody of that demon from Pak's initial Batman/Superman arc who messed with Bruce and Clark and shipped them off to Earth-2?

Astonishing Member

Yeah I wonder who's behind this.

If it's any indication, though it's likely a coincidence, the robot dogs look like miniature versions of the Void Hound of the Anti-Matter Universe.

So I suppose this somehow could be something related to the Anti-Monitor or another Anti-Matter character.

Always Rakzo

Pretty enjoyable. Abnett used this issue to plant the seeds for his upcoming work in Titans by developing Dick into the kind of leader he's supposed to be and also created the connection between Cyborg and him. Good characterization all-around.

Pelletier's work was great as well.