Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Agreed. As a mom she should interact with her son yes (and even then I'd like to see an actual fun rapport), but I don't want to see her just narrating what Superman does to Jon all the time. That would be just as bad as her not having been around in the first place in the New 52.

Agreed.

Apparently Jon may have got Clark's looks and power, but he gets his impetuous nature from his mom. So I could see subplots where Lois and Jon are getting into some interesting situations of their own while Clark is doing his thing.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    is he at school then in the day, has this been established?
    Yes Jon goes to school during the day. That has been well established (Lois and Clark)

Ugh that kid

I can't be the only one that hated him in this right
    We need better comics

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yes Jon goes to school during the day. That has been well established (Lois and Clark)
    Ok, so Lois can take up gainful employment then...thanks Superlad..

Jon

Amazing Member

Jon?

why do ppl hate him?

hes not as annoying as damian in those early story's

and he dos not looks like hes getting in superdad way
    asking about if he can use his power to speed things up is normal at his age
    .....i would'v asked the same if i had the flash power

superdad is the one at wrong here.
    Last edited by gtomanga; 06-08-2016 at 03:54 PM.

Loved the story and loved the art. I thought I was done with the Superman titles but inside of a month they've become must read for me.

Really enjoyed the issue.

Lois and Clark felt like themselves and Jon was great. The art was really good with Jimmy pulling off a more modern look to him I enjoyed. It felt good to watch Superman standing up to Luther, but on the other hand it's a really great costume they should think about keeping around, maybe for Steel. I didn't think I'd like Doomsday as the villain in the first arc but I was really pumped up on the last page. If I had waited for the price drop on Superman I would have caved as soon as I clicked back to my books.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Ugh that kid

I've learned to. Though that's a product of Jurgens' writing rather than anything inherent to his character; if the Secret Wars: E Is For Extinction writing team is indeed in charge of it, I imagine I'll love him in Super Sons.
    Buh-bye

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Pretty awesome.

Besides American Alien, I haven't been this into Superman since before New Krypton.

So we're mashing up Dan Jurgens' greatest hits. Haha.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Ok, so Lois can take up gainful employment then...thanks Superlad..

Jon
    She's an extremely famous author under the pen name "Author X" who's latest book basically blows Intergang's entire operation wide open. She's been doing this since Jon started school. Combining her investigative reporter skills with her novel writing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Ugh that kid

Ain't nothing wrong with Jon. He acts his age.

BANNED

I'll say this, Rebirth is a better place for Superman stories than the New-52 was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Yes, that's where the issue really went south for me.

Post-Crisis Superman could have come across looking a lot better here, but the way Jurgens has established everything, he doesn't come off looking good at all. It's ironic that the Lois & Clark characters see the New 52 Universe as untrusting and "edgy", when Post-Crisis Superman comes across as so cynical here. He has no evidence to suspect Luthor despite looking for some, but he's a Luthor, so nope, can't trust him.

He is right, but it's written so poorly that he just comes across all wrong.
    Totally agreed. Superdad came off as kind of a jerk here. Luthor even told him that the shock came from an auto defense system in the suit but Superdad still punched him. Everyone arguing that this Superman is the more classic version, I just don't get it. He doesn't smile even when talking to his son and he attacks first with no evidence. So far he's boring and overly aggressive.

And little Cousin Oliver is already getting on my nerves.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think the hatred from some towards Jon is more rooted to the fact that his being brought to the forefront has coincided with Nuperman's death. For some, no matter how well he's written and if indeed he does bring something truly new to the Superman mythos, it won't matter because of the bitterness of how DC editorial handled this whole transition from Nuperman to preflashpoint Superman.Bitterness I sympathize with. None of this needed to happen to get to where we are. however, depending on how all this shakes out may determine whether the hatred there softens or changes.

Of course there are the extremists like the hardcore WW/Superman shippers who were hoping that Superman's first in canon child would belong to that relationship (remember the hope/speculation a couple years ago that was going to happen based on some trinity war rumors?) Or just are repulsed that Superman is even with Lois Lane and that hatred of the Clois ship and Lois in particular is transferred to her son. And then, there are ones who for some reason just hate child superheroes or the idea of Superheroes having kids. In those cases, I don't think anything will change their opinion.

I personally like the idea and like the character so far, but i don't necessarily like the way things have been turned into a convoluted mess that is dividing fandom so resolutely. I mean if DC had the guts to go in this direction post infinite Crisis rather than, well, pretty much everything else after Johns Brainiac arc, I think things would have been a hell of a lot better.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Totally agreed. Superdad came off as kind of a jerk here. Luthor even told him that the shock came from an auto defense system in the suit but Superdad still punched him. Everyone arguing that this Superman is the more classic version, I just don't get it. He doesn't smile even when talking to his son and he attacks first with no evidence. So far he's boring and overly aggressive.

And little Cousin Oliver is already getting on my nerves.
    And that's why I like the animated movies, regardless of how much DCAMU Superman may be an abomination, he does smile and wink.