Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That would be worthy of condemnation, but I still can't wrap my head around the logic of 'trying to fix the problem is much, much worse than causing the problem in the first place.'
    I think Apocalypse is a good villain most of the time. So it's more of a don't fix what ain't broken

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I think Apocalypse is a good villain most of the time. So it's more of a don't fix what ain't broken
    I liked the Messiah War A that put Stryfe in his place after acknowledging that Warren was his best horseman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I liked the Messiah War A that put Stryfe in his place after acknowledging that Warren was his best horseman.
    I liked APocalypse in acts of vengeance when told Loki to stop doing stupid things that'd affect the progress of the X men and beat the crap out of him, or when he fought the High evolutionary to protect the the mole people and convinced him to spare them by showing him that all races have the potential to evolve and become stronger given the right impulse. I think that was a central aspect of apocalypse that has been lost through the years He isn't a straight murderous villain but a social darwinist that wants his mutants to become stronger to face future challenges. Loise simonson nailed that aspect during X factor forever, it's pretty much stated that apocalypse is always protecting the X men in his own twisted way

I liked APocalypse in acts of vengeance when told Loki to stop doing stupid things that'd affect the progress of the X men and beat the crap out of him, or when he fought the High evolutionary to protect the the mole people and convinced him to spare them by showing him that all races have the potential to evolve and become stronger given the right impulse. I think that was a central aspect of apocalypse that has been lost through the years He isn't a straight murderous villain but a social darwinist that wants his mutants to become stronger to face future challenges. Loise simonson nailed that aspect during X factor forever, it's pretty much stated that apocalypse is always protecting the X men in his own twisted way
    Yes! Survival of the fittest is his thing not "Mwahahaha! World end!".

Another instance is during the Onslaught saga.

This. There is a reason why I found this villain fascinating the first time I read X-Factor as a kid. Can't precisely remember what age I was at the time but I would always go to my local library to check out different books and these got me hooked since I loved anything with Jean Grey, Rogue, and Storm as a kid. Reading X-Factor Forever while Uncanny X-Force was coming out was an interesting contradiction of what Louise intended him to be and what we know of him as of today through other writers. Its a bit sad if you think about it. What we lost, what could of been, what was intended but never came to fruition. Villains, for me personally, that tend to be gray, morally ambigious, or blue and orange tend to be the most enticing characters for me. For example David Xanatos, Bill Cypher, The Beast, Him, and etc. One exception I do have is Skull Master and Mummra since they were a legitimate threat and terrifying. Damn you Tim Curry!! 80's Apocalypse was that for me, you always kept asking what exactly is he up to. Why such an interest with the X-Men and they being unintentionally unwitting pawns to further his plans. Why did he decide to act now and reveal himself at this time and place... and so forth. Things like these make a villain interesting, it makes you keep going back to them just to see how they would react, how they think, and how they will execute their plans. That is just my two cents of course. Anyone is free to disagree with me or add on to what I have said. Also somacula when did your avatar change? Dammit Psyduck why do I love platypuses!
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    This. There is a reason why I found this villain fascinating the first time I read X-Factor as a kid. Can't precisely remember what age I was at the time but I would always go to my local library to check out different books and these got me hooked since I loved anything with Jean Grey, Rogue, and Storm as a kid. Reading X-Factor Forever while Uncanny X-Force was coming out was an interesting contradiction of what Louise intended him to be and what we know of him as of today through other writers. Its a bit sad if you think about it. What we lost, what could of been, what was intended but never came to fruition. Villains, for me personally, that tend to be gray, morally ambigious, or blue and orange tend to be the most enticing characters for me. For example David Xanatos, Bill Cypher, The Beast, Him, and etc. One exception I do have is Skull Master and Mummra since they were a legitimate threat and terrifying. Damn you Tim Curry!! 80's Apocalypse was that for me, you always kept asking what exactly is he up to. Why such an interest with the X-Men and they being unintentionally unwitting pawns to further his plans. Why did he decide to act now and reveal himself at this time and place... and so forth. Things like these make a villain interesting, it makes you keep going back to them just to see how they would react, how they think, and how they will execute their plans. That is just my two cents of course. Anyone is free to disagree with me or add on to what I have said. Also somacula when did your avatar change? Dammit Psyduck why do I love platypuses!
    I picked up X factor last year and that along with early ANXM got me hooked into the whole X world. I think X factor forever does a nice job explaining apocalypse intentions and final goal. He's like a god that protects his children and once in awhile gives them some tough love so that they don't turn weaker, it all paid off when the celestials came. Apocalypse intentions were that the mutants evolve to be strong enough to face the gods themselves in the future and unlock their true potentials in the present, not maniacally ruling the world, that's just a watered down version of what apocalypse can do.
    I was thinking of changing my avatar for a while, first I thought of negan but that just doesn't channel the chill vibe I'm aiming for (plus he's a murdering psycho, but I love a good villain any day), psyduck gets the vibe just nice

I picked up X factor last year and that along with early ANXM got me hooked into the whole X world. I think X factor forever does a nice job explaining apocalypse intentions and final goal. He's like a god that protects his children and once in awhile gives them some tough love so that they don't turn weaker, it all paid off when the celestials came. Apocalypse intentions were that the mutants evolve to be strong enough to face the gods themselves in the future and unlock their true potentials in the present, not maniacally ruling the world, that's just a watered down version of what apocalypse can do.
    I was thinking of changing my avatar for a while, first I thought of negan but that just doesn't channel the chill vibe I'm aiming for (plus he's a murdering psycho, but I love a good villain any day), psyduck gets the vibe just nice
    That is one of the things that I really enjoyed about X-Factor Forever. I do feel sad that quite a lot of that was lost. Just out of curiosity what are some of the things you did enjoy about this run or wished they have done better?
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    That is one of the things that I really enjoyed about X-Factor Forever. I do feel sad that quite a lot of that was lost. Just out of curiosity what are some of the things you did enjoy about this run or wished they have done better?
    Original x factor run?
    Well... Maddie for starters but that wasn't loise Simonson fault and I don't even want to go there because madelyne... So unfair... Must resist another rant about poor maddie...
    I honestly can't remember many bad things about O5 x factor, just that it all felt so real and dreamlike... You see Scott and Jean making hard choices, showing to the world what they're capable of and what they stand for, rejecting part of Xavier teachings to create something better out of it, training his own group of students, they weren't particularly memorable but the intention was there and I'd have liked for em to keep a steady group of young mutants to educate.
    I think it also did a nice job of humanizing cyclops and showing that he was way more than a serious guy that was 100% work, it's also my favorite portrayal of Scott and Jean relationship and baby Nathan is adorable. I know that from a Comercial perspective it was logical to move them back to the mansion and x men but it is a testament that the X-Men can be so much more than hated and feared. Also I'm sure x factor forever was the story loise Simonson intended to write instead of judgment war

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Raal is Apocalypse his dad? Did we know this?
    Nope! But, hey... At least it's not a retcon

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Nope! But, hey... At least it's not a retcon
    Yay!!!!

Original x factor run?
    Well... Maddie for starters but that wasn't loise Simonson fault and I don't even want to go there because madelyne... So unfair... Must resist another rant about poor maddie...
    I honestly can't remember many bad things about O5 x factor, just that it all felt so real and dreamlike... You see Scott and Jean making hard choices, showing to the world what they're capable of and what they stand for, rejecting part of Xavier teachings to create something better out of it, training his own group of students, they weren't particularly memorable but the intention was there and I'd have liked for em to keep a steady group of young mutants to educate.
    I think it also did a nice job of humanizing cyclops and showing that he was way more than a serious guy that was 100% work, it's also my favorite portrayal of Scott and Jean relationship and baby Nathan is adorable. I know that from a Comercial perspective it was logical to move them back to the mansion and x men but it is a testament that the X-Men can be so much more than hated and feared. Also I'm sure x factor forever was the story loise Simonson intended to write instead of judgment war
    I meant both X-Factor and the Forever mini series. I agree with many of your points, if only it didn't have such a rocky start.