Page 116 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2273
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Batman was the antagonist if you chose the Superman ending
    Obviously he's an evil douche though but hey if you are that set against Batman being presented in the right go with Superman
    Only that Superman's ending functions as the game's bad ending. Going with Batman ends in a bittersweet note.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6AM4IIFsj0

"People seem to love guest characters, there is at least one more on the way."
    It's definitely Raiden. Black Adam and Joker reference him in their clash dialogue plus the silhouette is so obvious!

The question is which DC character are the other 5 (well one is Black Manta)?
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    All of the heroes are acting out of character in this universe though, so Diana being portrayed in an unflattering way is really nothing to get worked up over. I agree about the Batman wankfest but what else is new. That's how it's always going to be as long as DC keeps going in this direction. Bats will always be the incorruptible voice of reason who is made to look good at everyone else's expense. I enjoyed the story overall.
    True.

I don't see this Bruce as all that reasonable anyways. Was it reasonable/logical to keep Joker alive? Considering everything he has done, I would say no. If you are unwilling to kill him, well put him in a coma or something, stronger medication at Arkham should do the trick..you are fine with breaking bones and giving head trauma anyways.

(That generally applies all Bruce in any timeline..but whatever).

Kal and Damien are right to an extent, but they took it a little too far. I think everyone else just got caught up with it, and didn't realize how extreme they became until later on (ex: Barry or Billy).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

I'm glad Damien pointed out Batman's hypocrisy in his refusal to kill but being ok with causing brain damage and irreversible injury.

Its not a black and white issue but the game draws a clear line in the sand
    Killing Joker was just the beginning there will always be another villain that takes things too far and eventually like Superman you will rationalize executing every person in a prison because why not?

Im not exactly criticizing the mindset, but its never made much sense to me.

Put me in a room with a terrorist leader, and I'll shoot the guy myself. But Im not going to go out and start shooting jay-walkers or people who drive a little too fast. I mean, the line between "mass murderer" and "common, idiot criminal" is pretty damn wide. That's not a line you're going to trip over because you're not looking, you know?

Killing people is only an addiction for the truly disturbed. I can totally see Batman fitting that mold, and I think the real reason he wont kill people is because he knows that he'd go off the deep end with it. But Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (take your pick of which), even the Flash and Superman, they've all taken lives in the past and not become murder-monsters because of it. And cops and soldiers typically don't either (exceptions exist of course), so I never totally got that whole "snowball effect" reasoning.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think that's part of Batman's psychosis. I don't think it's a moral code. He obviously knows there a darkness in him. If he allows himself to kill he'd go right over the deep end. He should have killed the Joker years ago. I dont think they should have made him so saccharin in this story. I think it would have been much deeper if they touched on his compulsions. Not just made him the moral Batgod. He should have admitted that he could end up worse than Superman if he took that step.
    One of the reasons why I love Under the Red Hood. He admitted that it was the reason why he's allowed Joker to live.

I don't think we can apply real-world psychology to the DCU, just like we can't apply real-world law to how the heroes operate. It can be a big immersion-breaker and doesn't really serve the kind of world they have to maintain.

I also don't think we should subscribe to much to how the heroes are portrayed in the Injustice Universe, since I think it's well established by now that they're quite different from their Prime Counterparts.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Soooo.....I got my copy of the Ultimate Edition today. I downloaded the Ultimate Pack, and yet none of the DLC characters appear to be available.

1.) Yes, the game is fully installed.

2.) Yes, I'm aware that the extra characters show up as alternate skins of the main roster characters. Still nothing.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Im not exactly criticizing the mindset, but its never made much sense to me.

Put me in a room with a terrorist leader, and I'll shoot the guy myself. But Im not going to go out and start shooting jay-walkers or people who drive a little too fast. I mean, the line between "mass murderer" and "common, idiot criminal" is pretty damn wide. That's not a line you're going to trip over because you're not looking, you know?

Killing people is only an addiction for the truly disturbed. I can totally see Batman fitting that mold, and I think the real reason he wont kill people is because he knows that he'd go off the deep end with it. But Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (take your pick of which), even the Flash and Superman, they've all taken lives in the past and not become murder-monsters because of it. And cops and soldiers typically don't either (exceptions exist of course), so I never totally got that whole "snowball effect" reasoning.
    Batman's side isn't even disputing the killing of joker
    First cutscene of the game said bruce understood why it happened
    Its Superman's actions after that that escalated the conflict in the first place.
    When he's breaking into prisons and executing criminals just because they are terrible. You begin to lose the argument of "Oh that person needed to die" and morph it into "that person should die"

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Soooo.....I got my copy of the Ultimate Edition today. I downloaded the Ultimate Pack, and yet none of the DLC characters appear to be available.

1.) Yes, the game is fully installed.

2.) Yes, I'm aware that the extra characters show up as alternate skins of the main roster characters. Still nothing.
    The DLC characters will be released over time, they aren't available yet. As for the premium skins, you have to purchase them with the in-game currency. The Ultimate Edition pack makes them available to be purchased in-game. You have to go to the gear manager and select the skin.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chosenone85 View Post
    The DLC characters will be released over time, they aren't available yet. As for the premium skins, you have to purchase them with the in-game currency. The Ultimate Edition pack makes them available to be purchased in-game. You have to go to the gear manager and select the skin.
    Ah! Thanks!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

i didn't knew battery blast could be spammed like that.

i wonder how green lantern will fare against zoners like deadshot. deadshots abiity to chip away your life is so annoying.

BANNED

The Injustice story has always been leaning towards Batman being the good guy, and I actually find it kinda disappointing when you could have had both sides straddling sufficiently grey area's to make them both seem both right, wrong, good and evil. And sadly Injustice 2 follows the original idea of simply making Batman right and Superman wrong.

Like take this as an example: bomb goes off, Superman kills the Joker. Instead of Superman then initiating a world wide dictatorship, what if he was then elected into a position of similar power. He and his allies will continue down their new course, they are still heroes in most people's eyes, but they are now willing to do more to keep everyone safe.
    Batman, being the paranoid prepmaster that he is, predicts that this new Justice League will one day go too far in the eyes of the public and he instead plans to stop them before that happens. Both sides are still heroic at this point. But the League has ofc the dilemma whenever they are always right in doing what they do and taking out those they do take out.
    Batman could end up in a similar predicament, when say he abducts one of the League and basically tortures them for information or teams up with someone questionable to do it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In regards to the comic I want to know what's canon now. The game takes a board strokes approach with the comic. It completely retcon the events that happened in Arkham from year one, completely undid the Scarecrow's death (dialogue with Batman suggests the Scarecrow in this game isn't Crane), Starfire died in Metropolis, the Titans that got trapped in the phantom zone are not referenced when it comes into play in one of the endings.
    Nobody but Superman would have known what happened to the other Titans. And the same group of Titans that got trapped in the Phantom Zone all show up in Cyborg's ending.

Which reminds me... There's a nod to Rebirth in Superman's ending iirc and in Cyborg's ending, Starfire is wearing her rebirth costume. Rebirth Kid Flash shows up in Flash's ending.

When it comes to stuff like Damian killing Zsasz in Arkham, the game was already in development by the time Year 5 was coming out. And it's not like Year 5 was anything special. Lol