Page 1 of 152 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Injustice 2 trailer!

NetherRelms have released the trailer for Injustice 2!

I really hope Batman is the villain this time around. They kind of hint at that with mention of the Lazarus Pit. We know that every time someone uses it they become more unstable.

It just annoys me that they're trying to turn the DC heroes into Ironman. I would be a little pissed off if I was DC. It would be like making a Marvel game but giving each character a cape and Batarangs. Someone as NetherRelms has an obsession with armor.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-08-2016 at 08:27 AM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Official Press Release:
    Burbank, Calif. - June 8, 2016 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Injustice 2, the super-powered sequel to the hit game Injustice: Gods Among Us. The newest game in development from the award-winning NetherRealm Studios features a massive roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains and allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favorite DC characters. Injustice 2 will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in 2017.

“In Injustice 2, we are introducing new features that will change the way fans play fighting games,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We’re always interested in pushing the genre forward and allowing players to customize and level-up their favorite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains is a significant leap.”

“Expanding the DC Universe in games continues to be one of our top priorities, and Injustice 2 showcases amazing gameplay and an original story to bring the characters to life for players,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is offering fans an experience of customizing and battling with DC’s iconic characters in an entirely new way.”

Injustice 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. Every battle defines you in a game where players personalize iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.

To celebrate the announcement of Injustice 2, fans who have downloaded the hugely successful Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game can unlock the Injustice 2 versions of Superman and Aquaman through the in-game Challenge Modes. Released in 2013 and developed from the ground up by NetherRealm Studios, the Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game is available as a free download on the App Store and Google Play.
    Grodd? Hell freakin' yeah! Wonder what other new faces will be in the roster... since it's claiming to be the biggest DC fighter yet. So, at least 30+ if counting the DLC from the first game. Maybe Geoff Johns, Dan Didio, and Grant Morrison could guest-star? At least they'd make more sense than another Mortal Kombat character!

The gear concept was introduced in the mobile version... hopefully this doesn't lead to microtransaction BS.

There doesn't seem to be a PC version... although after the PC ports of MKX and AK, that could be a good or bad thing. Perhaps it will come later, maybe WB Games has learned from outsourcing to some random 3rd-party developer to get the PC edition out on release date with the console versions..
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 06-08-2016 at 08:35 AM.

Looks nice and interesting, hope they put characters like Black Canary, Beast Boy or Starfire and bring JSA characters like Stargirl into the game ^^

BANNED

I need gifs of Supergirl!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Official Press Release:

Grodd? Hell freakin' yeah! Wonder what other new faces will be in the roster... since it's claiming to be the biggest DC fighter yet. So, at least 30+ if counting the DLC from the first game. Maybe Geoff Johns, Dan Didio, and Grant Morrison could guest-star? At least they'd make more sense than another Mortal Kombat character!

The gear concept was introduced in the mobile version... hopefully this doesn't lead to microtransaction BS.

There doesn't seem to be a PC version... although after the PC ports of MKX and AK, that could be a good or bad thing. Perhaps it will come later, maybe WB Games has learned from outsourcing to some random 3rd-party developer to get the PC edition out on release date with the console versions..
    Can't wait to see Grodd in action!

Not sure how I feel about the MMO style fighting game with the leveling up.

So I'm guessing the threat is Darkseid since he'll most likely by the villain in the movie. But for the love of Grodd I really hope they don't make Superman look as horrible as they did in the first game. I really think it damaged the character.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-08-2016 at 08:41 AM.

I really had a big smile on my face when Supergirl showed up

Really curious to see how all these armors will work in terms of gameplay.

Given the tendency to bring in past VA's to voice characters, does anybody else think we might see Nicholle Tom back as Supergirl? John DiMaggio as Grodd? I could see them bringing back Jonathan Adams (GL: TAS) for Atrocitus.

Really nice to see Grodd and Supergirl in on the action. I really hope, Black Manta, Static, and Darkseid are playable as well.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Grodd is the Flash villain I wasn't expecting, since I figured they'd go with Captain Cold or Reverse Flash, but definitely not unwelcome. I figure he'll be all about powerful attacks with some level of agility.

I would assume that Kevin Conroy will be back as Batman, but I'm curious whether this is just set in the Injustice Universe or involves the prime universe from the original game too. Regime Superman is an interesting villain but I hope we get to play as the heroic Prime Supes as well.

All-New Member

So, the returning characters revealed thus far are Superman, Batman, Flash and Aquaman while brand new characters confirmed so far are Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd and Atrocitus. So far so good! We finally have a Flash villain and Atrocitus is a great choice too! Supergirl is also a nice addition as well. Have they shown any gameplay footage for the new characters yet?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Can't wait to lay some smack downs.

Can't wait to kick ass! Come on E3 get here now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Not big on the Aquaman design, but glad he's in the premiere trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Not big on the Aquaman design, but glad he's in the premiere trailer.
    I love his design. Simple yet badass, and it plays up his mythological background. Almost Greek-looking, in a way. Which reminds me, where was Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfinishedsentenc View Post
    I love his design. Simple yet badass, and it plays up his mythological background. Almost Greek-looking, in a way. Which reminds me, where was Wonder Woman?
    Yeah, I'm surprised she was the only member of the Trinity missing from this. I'm curious to see what her armor looks like...

Oh boy idk about this one. I kinda had mixed feelings on the first game, just hope they make it better this time around. Kinda upset they didn't show us Wonder Woman...