Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152
Results 2,266 to 2,273 of 2273

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    With WB dropping the ball on the DCEU, I’ve realized that Injutice has been one of the main reasons why the DC brand hasn’t been compeletly steamrolled. A lot of the students I work with consider themselves “DC fans” mainly because of Injustice. The Marvel cinematic universe has introduced fans to many of their B and C list characters. Luckily for DC, the Injustice games have done the same.
    Agreed. I think this is partially because currently there's no prominent JL/DCU-based cartoons, except for SHG, and the animated movies are mostly for a limited audience. Unlike the live-action movies, Injustice did a lot to preserve the good name of the DC brand in the public eye. It's been very much the current equivalent of the Batman Arkham games as far as contributing to more positive DC brand recognition is concerned.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-18-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Agreed. I think this is partially because currently there's no prominent JL/DCU-based cartoons, except for SHG, and the animated movies are mostly for a limited audience. Unlike the live-action movies, Injustice did a lot to preserve the good name of the DC brand in the public eye. It's been very much the current equivalent of the Batman Arkham games as far as contributing to more positive DC brand recognition is concerned.
    Well, there was Justice League Action, but CN struck once again in diminishing and then cancelling a DC cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there was Justice League Action, but CN struck once again in diminishing and then cancelling a DC cartoon.
    The f**k? Really?

Man, my daughter is gonna be pissed.

Are we sure that this wasn't done so JLAction can slide over to the DC streaming service?

Why does DC keep doing business with CN? Do they have some sort of "first refusal" deal? That's the only thing that I can think of. DC has to offer their cartoons to CN first, because both are owned by WB. CN agrees to the pitch just to keep it out of the competition's hands. DC is known for doing killer cartoon work, it's better for CN to run it into the ground than have to compete against it.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-18-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The f**k? Really?

Are we sure that this wasn't done so JLAction can slide over to the DC streaming service?

Why does DC keep doing business with CN? Do they have some sort of "first refusal" deal? That's the only thing that I can think of. DC has to offer their cartoons to CN first, because both are owned by WB. CN agrees to the pitch just to keep it out of the competition's hands. DC is known for doing killer cartoon work, it's better for CN to run it into the ground than have to compete against it.
    I’m so glad I gave up on Cartoon Network because the execs are hellbent on keeping it as the Teen Titans Go channel.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I forgot to mention the DC TV shows on the CW.
    The f**k? Really?

So far it doesn't look like the DC streaming service is going to be having any kid-oriented content, at least judging by the original shows they're developing, but there's so little we know about it that it's hard to say.

But you can watch JLA in it's entirety (shorts included) on Cartoon Network's site, which might be the only place you can watch it since they don't seem to be airing new episodes anytime soon.
    I think there's some kind of obligation between WB and CN that they have to air their main, kids-oriented, DC cartoons on CN.

I mean, there's a lot about JLA that tells me that it was specifically designed and oriented to be a DC cartoon that would be more palpable to CN then past shows, but even that didn't seem to help it much.

I'm still apprehensive about the upcoming Lauren Faust DC Super Hero Girls cartoon because it's going to be airing on Cartoon Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still apprehensive about the upcoming Lauren Faust DC Super Hero Girls cartoon because it's going to be airing on Cartoon Network.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Man, my daughter loves those cartoons. If CN ruins that for my little girl, I am going to write some very angry letters.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I would kill people to get T'Challa in an Injustice game. Just so he can slap the sh*t out of Clark and Bruce for their stupidity. Wakanda forever.
    A game where I could play as Red Hood, the Turtles and Black Panther would truly be amazing. Probably never going to happen but it's still fun to imagine.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

So anyone really surprised about the identity of the impostor Batman?