Page 50 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

This game already has a way better roster than the first one! With Swamp Thing's reveal, that leaked roster list is looking pretty legit now! Now we need a representative of the RED, so Vixen, Beast Boy or Animal Man....
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Pretty badass, though I'm confused by their inclusion of two plant based characters in the same game. Fighting games need to cover a variety of fighting styles and abilities, yet so far we've got 2 Kryptonians and 2 plant characters already. Seems redundant.
    I was thinking the same thing, but I think Ivy's style will be different enough to stand out. She's not likely to be creating copies of herself and almost certainly isn't going to be focused on grappling.

Perhaps they'll focus on Ivy's spores and pollen; stunning enemies and whatnot, more than vine grapples and stuff. That'd make her more of an opportunist fighter, which seems fitting.

Really hoping to see Vixen and Firestorm!

Any word on whether Cyborg is coming back? With Beetle I'm guessing its not likely, but I really want to see Vic return!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well, Superman and Supergirl don't really fight the same way despite having the same powers, so I'm pretty sure Holland and Ivy won't have a similar style as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Any word on whether Cyborg is coming back? With Beetle I'm guessing its not likely, but I really want to see Vic return!
    Cyborg was part of the leaked roster list that so far seems legit. Besides with the JL movie coming out this year, it would be nonsensical not to have him in the game. They just seem to be revealing the new characters first before the old ones. Still I have no clue why there isn't a Flash gameplay trailer yet, given that he was the first confirmed character along with Batman.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-13-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Thanks, sifighter! So far that leaked list seems totally legit. I really like Swampy in the game. Here's a YT link:

Unexpected, but wow.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    This game already has a way better roster than the first one! With Swamp Thing's reveal, that leaked roster list is looking pretty legit now! Now we need a representative of the RED, so Vixen, Beast Boy or Animal Man....
    I want one of them there too, with how Swamp Thing looks, maybe they could handle showcasing their abilities.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-13-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

Thank goodness. With Poison Ivy teased, I was worried Swamp Thing wouldn't make it in due to Netherrealm fearing he'd be redundant.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Pretty badass, though I'm confused by their inclusion of two plant based characters in the same game. Fighting games need to cover a variety of fighting styles and abilities, yet so far we've got 2 Kryptonians and 2 plant characters already. Seems redundant.
    Characters having the same powers won't make anything redundant. Look at the cast of the first game. Superman/Zod, GL/Sinestro, Shazam/Black Adam have the same powers and played nothing alike. Those characters didn't even have the same styles.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Dont forget about the Rot. As for the Red, that's a tough decision. Animal Man has the potential for the coolest onscreen effects such as transforming parts of himself into those of mix-and-match creatures (Pistol-Shrimp Punch, anyone?). But Vixen's beastial silhouettes and her accompanying motions could also translate well.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 02-13-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What can NRS do with Swamp Thing when comes to gear? He has no costume and his look has been consistent far as I know. I don't have any idea how customization will work for him.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What can NRS do with Swamp Thing when comes to gear? He has no costume and his look has been consistent far as I know. I don't have any idea how customization will work for him.
    Perhaps different kinds of plant themes, given how over the years Swamp Thing has been depicted as capable of manifesting himself from any sort of flora. So basically his gear would alter Swamp Thing to look more like a cactus, tree bark, etc.

Maybe Tefe Holland from Brian K Vaughan's Swamp Thing run can make it in as a alternate skin, lol.

If you watch the gameplay trailer I think we saw a couple different variations. The tree stump shoulders aren't there for the entire thing anyway, I think. But dont take my word for it; I watched the trailer with two kids yelling for my attention.

All they need to do though, is look at the New52 series. Soule especially had him taking form from all kinds of plants if I recall correctly. Of course they could dig deeper but Soule and Snyder alone provide enough ideas for them to work with, I'd think.

Actually, now that you mention it, how many costume variations does Animal Man have? Vixen at least has several costumes she's worn over the years but for Buddy it's largely been a matter of "Do I wear a jacket today?" At least as far as I can remember. Oh, I suppose there's been some shift in color; different shades of blue and yellowish-white.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

To give you some idea.....

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Cyborg was part of the leaked roster list that so far seems legit. Besides with the JL movie coming out this year, it would be nonsensical not to have him in the game. They just seem to be revealing the new characters first before the old ones. Still I have no clue why there isn't a Flash gameplay trailer yet, given that he was the first confirmed character along with Batman.
    Because they're doing the new characters first? I haven't seen gameplay for Batman or Superman either, other than when they appear in someone else's trailer. Though I could have missed it of course. Since learning this game isnt debuting on a platform I use, I've stopped paying as much attention. Still hoping for a pc release down the road. Just bought a new rig last summer and it is choice! This game would look badass as hell on my computer.

I do hope Vic returns. He was my favorite character to play in the first game and Im a big fan of him. And you're right, with his movie debut imminent and the push he's been getting the last couple years it'd be a huge misstep to leave him out. But it wouldn't be the first time DC screwed a property who deserved better.

~ Black Panther.

Someone said Swamp Thing was killed in the Injustice comics and him being in the game is proof they don't follow what's being written as canon; so did Swamp Thing die?
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Someone said Swamp Thing was killed in the Injustice comics and him being in the game is proof they don't follow what's being written as canon; so did Swamp Thing die?
    Technically no. He got mystically teleported into Hell.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Injustice...10746801696768

Apparently more "reveals" are coming tomorrow!! I'm hyped up!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!