Page 7 of 152 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't see Injustice 2 following anything from the comic. NRS had nothing to do with it and comic went in it's own direction. Not mention roster choices would be very limited due to how many characters got killed off in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I know it won't happen, but I wish Injustice 2 looked more like this:

It doesn't have to look like an anime, but I love how Arc System Works used the Unreal Engine to give it a 2D look. A DC game like that would be beautiful.
    I'd be totally down for this .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I want a open map battle locations where you can do more then go front and back, I think there's a Marvel game like that it might be Ultimate Alliance been awhile so I don't remember.
    Ultimate Aliance was a Diablo type of game, not a fighting game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Body armor on nigh invulnerable characters is silly. Anything strong enough to hurt them isn't going to blunted by armor.
    Well, how about if the equalizer of Injustice 2 is not people like Batman taking a pill to be able to take on Superman and is instead a superhuman thats been depowered to human levels instead?

I personally don't like the armor idea but it's probably a good gimmick to satisfy hardcore gamers. It seems like a MMO type of game feature. Customizing the character's power ups and rewarding players who play the game constantly.

I really hope they aren't beholden to the Injustice comic. There have been a number of character deaths in the comic and I would hate to see it limit the character selection in the game.

It was cool seeing Black Manta in the trailer but I'm guessing he's just part of a level transition like Darkseid and the Arkham inmates in the first game. I hope I'm wrong because it would be awesome to get to play as Manta. A very underrated villain.

DC trying to push Supergirl as much as they can before the Captain Marvel movie. Possibly trying to show people that she was the first Danvers. Then Marvel created their own super powered blonde with an 'S' on her costume who was also named Danvers.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-13-2016 at 02:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I personally don't like the armor idea but it's probably a good gimmick to satisfy hardcore gamers. It seems like a MMO type of game feature. Customizing the character's power ups and rewarding players who play the game constantly.
    I see that more as punishing players who don't have the time or inclination to sink all of their free time into this.

Forgot to mention that Dex-Starr is making his Injustice debut!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I see that more as punishing players who don't have the time or inclination to sink all of their free time into this.
    Yeah I'm really hoping a casual gamer can jump into this game and not have to worry about the armor. But it's going to make fighting online even more difficult as people who play nonstop will have an even bigger advantage. It would be cool if they had a section for characters with no armor power ups.

BANNED

It's a normal game thing to reward players for actually spending their time on it. Kinda like how most fighting games only start with something like half the characters unlocked, if you want the full set: play on or pay for them.

Aside that, we dont know yet if the amors actually do anything or if they are just a number of skins you gradually unlock... like Tekken had something like that, added bugger all to the actual game and was mostly for people who wanted to dress characters up like clowns

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It's a normal game thing to reward players for actually spending their time on it. Kinda like how most fighting games only start with something like half the characters unlocked, if you want the full set: play on or pay for them.

Aside that, we dont know yet if the amors actually do anything or if they are just a number of skins you gradually unlock... like Tekken had something like that, added bugger all to the actual game and was mostly for people who wanted to dress characters up like clowns
    The creators told us it's a loot-based system where every match gives you drops you can use to improve your characters.

This is way beyond unlocking characters (which really doesn't normally take any kind time at all) or skins (which typically require cash, not time, to unlock).

This is the guy that spent 200 hours playing having a Batman that is better than yours, and not just because he has had way more practice than you.
    Last edited by Carabas; 06-13-2016 at 03:50 AM.

BANNED

The creators told us it's a loot-based system where every match gives you drops you can use to improve your characters.

This is way beyond unlocking characters (which really doesn't normally take any kind time at all)

or skins (which typically require cash, not time, to unlock).

This is the guy that spent 200 hours playing having a Batman that is better than yours, and not just because he has had way more practice than you.
    'Improve' can mean alot of things, it could just be a visual improvement.

Admittedly this depends on the game and the logic of the designer, some games unlock additional characters based on time (like Super Smash Bros), number of campain/tournament play throughs (Tekken... often you had to play the tournament with each starting character to unlock the extra ones) or even by completing special objectives.

Usually in fighting games it's a reward of somekind, unless it's part of DLC.

Well, thats the norm for any game with a vs feature and a leveling system. Sometimes you meet someone really good with a really underdeveloped character, sometimes you meet the really bad player with the blinged out character and anything in between. If this become unfair in a way is going to be dependent on the balancing of the system... like handing you opponents based on say rank. Like if you have a rank of 950 and get paired up with someone of a similar score, then it shouldn't matter if the guy has a better equipped toon than you because his skills obviously lack a bit to take full advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    NO IT WON'T.

This a fighting game. Fighting game players hate this kind of thing. It's a logistics nightmare. It will be a pain in the ass to unlock, depending how much they change a character will make learning match-ups much harder to do and trying to balance it all will be nigh impossible. There have been other Fighting games that had this type of system like Street Fighter x Tekken with Gems, Soul Calibur with special VS and Smash 4 (if you consider it a fighting game) with unlockable moves. It never worked out well.

BANNED

Ultimate Aliance was a Diablo type of game, not a fighting game.
    Looking back at it might of been "Marvel Nemesis: Rise of The Imperfects"

More Injustice gameplay

Atrocitus has Dex-Starr assisting him. They shorten clashes.

Here is hoping for Brainiac.

I'm very excited for Grodd, he looks great. Overall, the gameplay looks essentially the same as before, but I think that's a good thing; it helps distinguish the game from MKX beyond different characters and stage transitions. Uncertain about the customization option though.