Page 9 of 152 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

WW and Jaime Reyes introduced. Curious WW says in their trash-talk intro to BB "Batman sends [you]" to BB. I'm assuming a reference to the Story Mode? WW evil? Batman evil? 2 opposing each other just for whatever reason?

Though definitely not really digging the Johns-esque WW, but meh I can deal w/ it.

Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    WW and Jaime Reyes introduced. Curious WW says in their trash-talk intro to BB "Batman sends [you]" to BB. I'm assuming a reference to the Story Mode? WW evil? Batman evil? 2 opposing each other just for whatever reason?

Though definitely not really digging the Johns-esque WW, but meh I can deal w/ it.

The intro quotes seem to imply that all the characters are the versions from the Injustice/Regime universe, so we have Superman talking about conquering the world again and Wonder Woman being so aggressive and opposed to Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The intro quotes seem to imply that all the characters are the versions from the Injustice/Regime universe, so we have Superman talking about conquering the world again and Wonder Woman being so aggressive and opposed to Batman.
    yeah, I wasn't sure if I2 would just be a story continuation of I:GAU or not. I havent been reading the comics. But I suppose it makes sense to make the game sequel an actual sequel and not just a brand new story/continuity (though I'd prefer the latter, I think). Hope this doesn't mean Supes as the final boss again... -_-
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

I'm super hyped that they revealed Blue Beetle! I wonder if any of the other Titans will be playable? I'm also curious to see what Jamie's role will be in the story.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I'm super hyped that they revealed Blue Beetle! I wonder if any of the other Titans will be playable? I'm also curious to see what Jamie's role will be in the story.
    I hope the game is really Titan-centric and has at least 7 playable Titans. My picks would be Beetle, Nightwing, Robin, Cyborg, Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire. I would have picked Superboy but there's already 2 Super-characters in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I hope the game is really Titan-centric and has at least 7 playable Titans. My picks would be Beetle, Nightwing, Robin, Cyborg, Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire. I would have picked Superboy but there's already 2 Super-characters in the game.
    Most Titans are already dead, the comic series is canon and Netherrealm isn't using dead characters. At-least in the initial line-up, I could see Titans DLC in the future.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Most Titans are already dead, the comic series is canon and Netherrealm isn't using dead characters. At-least in the initial line-up, I could see Titans DLC in the future.
    hunh. Who are dead in the Injustice world? That would've helped me guessing who'd make the I2 roster cut previous pages ago lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    hunh. Who are dead in the Injustice world? That would've helped me guessing who'd make the I2 roster cut previous pages ago lol.
    Tim, Cassie, and Conner are stuck in the phantom zone so it's possible they could come back. But Conner was sent there by Superman to save him because he was dying.

http://injustice.wikia.com/wiki/Categoryeceased

-Scarecrow (Jonathan Crane)
    Jimmy Olsen
    Lois Lane Kent
    Kid Flash (Bart Allen)
    Beast Boy (Garfield Logan)
    The Joker
    Nightwing (Richard "Dick" Grayson)
    Kalibak.
    -Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)
    Captain Atom
    -Green Arrow (Oliver "Ollie" Queen)
    Year Two
    Kyle Rayner
    Ch'p
    Despero
    James Gordon
    -Arkillo (Sinestro Corp Member)
    -John Stewart
    -Guy Gardner (2nd Green Lantern of Earth)
    -Mogo the Living Planet
    -Ganthet (Guardian of the Universe)
    -Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
    Year Three
    -Jason Blood (Etrigan's human form)
    -Harvey Bullock
    -Ragman (Rory Regan)
    -Deadman (Boston Brand)
    -Phantom Stranger
    -Klarion the Witch Boy
    -Detective Chimp
    -Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
    -Swamp Thing
    Year Four
    -Renee Montoya
    -Hercules (Greek Demigod).
    -Artemis (Amazonian Warrior)
    Year 5
    Year 4 Annual)-Kilowog
    -Parasite
    -Weather Wizard .
    -Heat Wave (Mick Rory)
    -Trickster (Axel Walker).
    -Bizarro Superman
    -Alfred Pennyworth
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

I'm pretty sure the Joker at least will make a splendid recovery and be in the game.

Tim, Cassie, and Conner are stuck in the phantom zone so it's possible they could come back. But Conner was sent there by Superman to save him because he was dying.

http://injustice.wikia.com/wiki/Categoryeceased

-Scarecrow (Jonathan Crane)
    Jimmy Olsen
    Lois Lane Kent
    Kid Flash (Bart Allen)
    Beast Boy (Garfield Logan)
    The Joker
    Nightwing (Richard "Dick" Grayson)
    Kalibak.
    -Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)
    Captain Atom
    -Green Arrow (Oliver "Ollie" Queen)
    Year Two
    Kyle Rayner
    Ch'p
    Despero
    James Gordon
    -Arkillo (Sinestro Corp Member)
    -John Stewart
    -Guy Gardner (2nd Green Lantern of Earth)
    -Mogo the Living Planet
    -Ganthet (Guardian of the Universe)
    -Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
    Year Three
    -Jason Blood (Etrigan's human form)
    -Harvey Bullock
    -Ragman (Rory Regan)
    -Deadman (Boston Brand)
    -Phantom Stranger
    -Klarion the Witch Boy
    -Detective Chimp
    -Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
    -Swamp Thing
    Year Four
    -Renee Montoya
    -Hercules (Greek Demigod).
    -Artemis (Amazonian Warrior)
    Year 5
    Year 4 Annual)-Kilowog
    -Parasite
    -Weather Wizard .
    -Heat Wave (Mick Rory)
    -Trickster (Axel Walker).
    -Bizarro Superman
    -Alfred Pennyworth
    Starfire is also in the Phantom Zone along with Tim, Cassie and Kon.

I'm actually surprised they brought up how the comic limits who they can use because of everyone they killed off. I just expected them to completely ignore it .

BANNED

They could use time travel to involve dead characters in the story. For all we know the whole plot could involve time travel, like how the original used alternate universes.

Also there's been rumors of Swamp Thing as a playable character and the Joker will almost definitely be in the game, so I doubt that death list completely limits who is in the game.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 07-23-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Plus Green Arow is dead there and can you really expect them NOT to include him? Ultimately I suspect it'll be either Lazarus Pits, the Prime Universe is in the game after all, there's time travel with younger versions of characters, a third alternate reality... or something else. One option given how Flash is given a lot of premise is that they do an Injustice version of Flashpoint. Remember that Regime Flash switched sides in the first game, maybe he has remorse and tries to use time travel to undo Metropolis's destruction and Supes descent? And it goes wrong?

So apparently Static has been de-confirmed. According to this interview he isn't in the game, at least not on the initial roster.

http://dualpixels.com/2016/08/03/inj...-at-sdcc-2016/

Also Ed Boon says the game is half returning and half new characters. Makes sense because as of right now out of the 9 confirmed characters half are new (Supergirl, Atrocitus, Grodd and Blue Beetle).

http://dualpixels.com/2016/07/30/inj...-at-sdcc-2016/
    Last edited by El_Gato; 08-07-2016 at 01:17 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    So apparently Static has been de-confirmed. According to this interview he isn't in the game, at least not on the initial roster. Reactions?

http://dualpixels.com/2016/08/03/inj...-at-sdcc-2016/
    Well that sucks. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.