View Poll Results: What did you think of Wonder Woman: Rebirth?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was excellent!

51 47.22%
  • It was really good but there are a few things I'd change.

29 26.85%
  • It was mediocre. I'd keep some thing & change others.

11 10.19%
  • It was lacking. I'd change more than I would keep.

11 10.19%
  • It was horrible. Start over.

4 3.70%
  • I'm not planning on reading it.

2 1.85%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default What didi you think of Wonder Woman: Rebirth? POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

DC noob here: Just read WW: Rebirth and spoilers:
    she changed uniforms. As I understand it the uniform with silver accents is her N52 one and the one with the golden accents her... classic outfit. In N52 did she ever have the golden uniform or always the silver one, if the latter how come she got her original back?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by newy; 06-08-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default What didi you think of Wonder Woman: Rebirth? POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

So what did you all think of Wonder Woman: Rebirth? Great? Good? Mediocre? Lacking? Horrible?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

It was nice. Went straight to the problem and made the reader question what they know. It served it's purpose. Can't wait for the run to actually start.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I went with really good. Like all these Rebirth issues, it seems the really exciting stuff isn't happening until the proper #1. I'm glad this is bi-monthly, because if this is all we got for a month, I'd be pretty annoyed, but as it stands, it served to whet my appetite for both The Lies and Year One.

Of all today's rebirth titles this one was the worst, an overly convoluted story, which was told almost entirely as a monologue. It was boring and lacked impact, I was hoping to get into Wonder Woman from rebirth as I had heard really good things about the writer, I'll have to wait and see if things improve before deciding to buy this going forward.

Just got done reading it. Pretty good for a prelude. I was hoping for some more action, but the trend for these Rebirth titles seems to indicate that the proper sorylines and excitement don't start until the actual #1 issues.

The amount of shade Rucka threw at the Azzarello run on the page detailing the two different versions of her childhood was pretty funny. He's not ignoring things, but you could tell which version he prefers. The warmth in the narration found in the panel of Diana getting tutored by an adult Amazon vs. the "treated with scorn, viewed as less than her sisters, Paradise is a lie, etc." is none too subtle. The presence of classic Perez-style Ares in the flashback panel and Diana crushing the helmet of New 52 Ares and leaving it behind to rot speaks volumes too.

Random thoughts:
    - The use of the word "deception" being thrown around a lot...could the Duke of Decepton be playing a part in screwing with Diana's memories?
    - The panel of Hippolyta and some Amazons planning the Contest appears to feature Philippus and possible Io.
    - The Lasso talks now, I guess.
    - Does the cloak Diana's wearing in the end transport her to Olympus? Or the fake one, in this case?
    - The Amazon tutor is holding a scroll with holograms above it. Is that a magic device, or is it some advanced technology?

Can't wait for more.

I loved this issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think it was more Diana talking to herself.
    - Does the cloak Diana's wearing in the end transport her to Olympus? Or the fake one, in this case?
    I see no indication that it is anything more than a mundane red cloak.

Polygon's review:

"There's never been a better time to start reading Wonder Woman": http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/8/1187...-woman-rebirth
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think it was more Diana talking to herself.

I see no indication that it is anything more than a mundane red cloak.
    You're right on both accounts, I guess. The speech bubble appeared to be coming from the lasso in the first panel, but that was just a weird placement and seems to be coming from Diana and all the others. And I remembered that she's still the God of War as soon as I submitted my last post, so that explains how she was able to get to Olympus on a whim. I thought she needed a magical device (possibly the cloak) before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Just got done reading it. Pretty good for a prelude. I was hoping for some more action, but the trend for these Rebirth titles seems to indicate that the proper sorylines and excitement don't start until the actual #1 issues.

The amount of shade Rucka threw at the Azzarello run on the page detailing the two different versions of her childhood was pretty funny. He's not ignoring things, but you could tell which version he prefers. The warmth in the narration found in the panel of Diana getting tutored by an adult Amazon vs. the "treated with scorn, viewed as less than her sisters, Paradise is a lie, etc." is none too subtle. The presence of classic Perez-style Ares in the flashback panel and Diana crushing the helmet of New 52 Ares and leaving it behind to rot speaks volumes too.

Random thoughts:
    - The use of the word "deception" being thrown around a lot...could the Duke of Decepton be playing a part in screwing with Diana's memories?
    - The panel of Hippolyta and some Amazons planning the Contest appears to feature Philippus and possible Io.
    - The Amazon tutor is holding a scroll with holograms above it. Is that a magic device, or is it some advanced technology?

Can't wait for more.
    You might be right about the Duke of Deception thing, Could be up his alley

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Of all today's rebirth titles this one was the worst, an overly convoluted story, which was told almost entirely as a monologue. It was boring and lacked impact, I was hoping to get into Wonder Woman from rebirth as I had heard really good things about the writer, I'll have to wait and see if things improve before deciding to buy this going forward.
    Convoluted? It seemed pretty straight forward. She's being deceived on her history. She needs to find out who. I don't see the confusion here.

I haven't been this confused and excited for years! Already fully invested. Also for the first time in years.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Convoluted? It seemed pretty straight forward. She's being deceived on her history. She needs to find out who. I don't see the confusion here.
    This. Also, this was really just a bridge to the upcoming run, so IMO it was perfect, and I don't mid paying the toll!!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Hmph...I just may break down and buy this. Although I hate the idea of feeling swept up by hype and being suckered into another "big event", I'm hearing some potentially promising things.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.