View Poll Results: What did you think of Wonder Woman: Rebirth?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was excellent!

51 47.22%
  • It was really good but there are a few things I'd change.

29 26.85%
  • It was mediocre. I'd keep some thing & change others.

11 10.19%
  • It was lacking. I'd change more than I would keep.

11 10.19%
  • It was horrible. Start over.

4 3.70%
  • I'm not planning on reading it.

2 1.85%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I am now wondering why she is in Paris all of a sudden?
    Even better: in Paris, in a flat with a view on the Eiffell Tower! Seriously, could anything be more clichéd than that?
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I am now wondering why she is in Paris all of a sudden?
    Just to align with her movie counterpart.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't think anybody made Rucka write that.
    He'd been building up to it almost from the start of his run on Wonder Woman. There was much, much foreshadowing.
    Wasn't that apart of a set up for a crossover event? Either way its not bad just unfavorable for people who are into these no kill codes which I typically find a bit ridiculous

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I finally sat down and read this. I thought it was really good although I'll admit I would have preferred a few less questions and a few more answers. The Cheetah cameo was a nice surprise. I have a feeling that Rucka is going to reveal that much of the New 52 origin was a lie, which, is fair play to me considering that the New 52 origin revealed the clay origin to be a lie. I also loved it when Diana crushed the God of War helmet. She should have done that the first time it was in her hands as she should always strive against war rather than embrace it IMO. The art was good although I wish Sharp would draw the stars on Diana's skirt like most of the other artists are currently doing. In conclusion, I'm more excited for this solo book than I have in many years.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

For those of you who care about reviews, they're already starting to roll in:

IGN - 9.0(out of 10)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...birth-1-review

Newsarama - 6.0(out of 10)

http://www.newsarama.com/29641-best-...rebirth-1.html

CBR - 4.5(out of 5)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...th-1-dc-comics

Comicality - 9(out of 10

http://www.comicosity.com/review-won...man-rebirth-1/

Looks like the book is off to a great start where the critics are concerned.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    Wasn't that apart of a set up for a crossover event? Either way its not bad just unfavorable for people who are into these no kill codes which I typically find a bit ridiculous
    Yes and no.

It seems a lot like the death of Captain America during Civil War.
    Yes, there was an event on, and they timed it so it coincided with Civil War, but even if Civil War hadn't happened, Ed Brubaker would still have temp-killed Steve Rogers and put Bucky in the suit, because that was what he had been working towards during his run before Civil War was even a concept in Mark Millar's brain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I finally sat down and read this. I thought it was really good although I'll admit I would have preferred a few less questions and a few more answers. The Cheetah cameo was a nice surprise. I have a feeling that Rucka is going to reveal that much of the New 52 origin was a lie, which, is fair play to me considering that the New 52 origin revealed the clay origin to be a lie. I also loved it when Diana crushed the God of War helmet. She should have done that the first time it was in her hands as she should always strive against war rather than embrace it IMO. The art was good although I wish Sharp would draw the stars on Diana's skirt like most of the other artists are currently doing. In conclusion, I'm more excited for this solo book than I have in many years.
    It seems very strongly implied that the only change will be that not only is she no longer god of war, but that she never was.

And she seemed to embrace war rather happily when she fought nazis in the golden age.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Overall...an excellent issue I thought. Matt Clark has progressed a long way from his original stint on Wonder Woman. Likewise I was curious to to how the transition between the two very different artists would be handled and I think it was perfectly executed. I must say I am SO looking forward to Liam Sharp's work on this title. I can not express how excited I am for this book now!
    As for the story, there were a few beats that I feel were left a little too vague...one, why was she in Paris, she appeared to be in an apartment...was that just an artist's goof? Having Big Ben outside her window or the Eye of London would have made more sense. However, as a set up issue...a first chapter, it was nicely done. It presented the questions, the journey of the character going forward for this story...I am probably more excited than I have been in a great many years for this title!! Cant wait for the next issue!!

Incredible Member

What I like about the change of artists is it happened when not old Diana removed her 'old' clothes and changed into her 'new' clothes, but the tone changed too.

BANNED

Honestly, I can't think of any reason at all why I would require an explanation for her being in Paris to enjoy a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Honestly, I can't think of any reason at all why I would require an explanation for her being in Paris to enjoy a story.

While it's not 100% essential to enjoying a story, I like to know why a character changes their base of operations of out of the blue. It irked me when Azzarello moved her to London and it irks me that Rucka now has her in Paris. Is something like this alone enough to make me drop the book? No, but it certainly helps me put things into context if a reason is given.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

ugh. I thought this book was barely readable. It was plodding, overly self involved, and delved into a past with a big mystery in a fairly obscure way. I don't think it did so in a way to make me want to follow the mysteries it presented. The only mystery I wanted to address at the end is "why do I sometimes love Rucka's writing and sometimes find it lacking?"

BANNED

It was a great teaser for whatwill happen on WW book.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Convoluted? It seemed pretty straight forward. She's being deceived on her history. She needs to find out who. I don't see the confusion here.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    This. Also, this was really just a bridge to the upcoming run, so IMO it was perfect, and I don't mid paying the toll!!!
    One guy's take...

Like the film Memento, what reason do I have to buy that what is happening now is actually the truth? You've just shown me that my window into the story has seemingly not known what the truth was in the past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Wonder View Post
    Ruka is the writer that had Wonder Woman kill Maxwell Lord. Perhaps he's one of those writers that's just over rated like Snyder, Johns & Goyer.

How great characters have fallen.

Attachment 36588Attachment 36589
    Rucka overrated? he is a great writer.

that was editorial mandate