Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Josie and the Pussycats" Will Rock a New Ongoing Series

Archie Comics is reviving "Josie and the Pussycats" for its own series from writers Marguerite Bennett, Cameron DeOrdio and Audrey Mok.

Full article here.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

WOW! This looks promising! The Audrey Mok art is amazing!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Refreshingly fun creative team for a title that badly deserved one. Accepting the invite to come along.

This looks like it'll be awesome, I'll definitely be checking it out .

Loving that creative team and the art. The Pussycats look amazing .

That's a fantastic cover. I haven't been on board for some of the other reboots, but this one excites me--I like Bennett, and Mok's art looks great.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

New Josie & The Pussycats Comic!? Yes Please! Will definitely be adding this to my pull list this Fall!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Insta-buy.

Cool At Long Last!

SOLD!!! Goodness knows, it took long enough!

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Great news! I was a big fan of the latest story arc involving Josie and the Pussycats in the Archie book and hope that the writers throw Valerie back into the Archie mix of girlfriends. But if they do, I assume it will take a while since in the main book, the love triangle hasn't really gotten up to speed yet.

BANNED

It Feels weird that the riverdale tv show characters won't look anything like the reboot comics...nor will they act like the reboot characters

how's archie gonna deal with that?....Josie looks like she usually does here but on the show she'll be black(Which Would Mean Valerie's White Maybe?...i guess if they are changing them around)so how does one work around not confusing readers and tv audiences alike?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    It Feels weird that the riverdale tv show characters won't look anything like the reboot comics...nor will they act like the reboot characters

how's archie gonna deal with that?....Josie looks like she usually does here but on the show she'll be black(Which Would Mean Valerie's White Maybe?...i guess if they are changing them around)so how does one work around not confusing readers and tv audiences alike?
    Thats assuming that there will be any significant overlap, which really does not have to be the case. Its nok like fans of both the flash comics and flash tv series have had that big an effect even though some characters are Black and not White.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Thats assuming that there will be any significant overlap, which really does not have to be the case. Its nok like fans of both the flash comics and flash tv series have had that big an effect even though some characters are Black and not White.
    I would agree the comic book probably won't follow along the same lines as the upcoming TV show.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I would agree the comic book probably won't follow along the same lines as the upcoming TV show.
    but here's the thing...why does the tv show have to change it so much to the point where the characters are nowhere near the same anymore? Archie is trying to gain mainstream relevance once more and i could see it being confusing for new readers who see the tv series and pick up the books only to find out that the characters look nothing like they do on the show nor do they have anything remotely similar to who they were on the show

i mean if you make Jughead into this Pill Popping Drug Addict who lives inside his own fantasy world of hallucinations that eats a lot because it's the one thing that can get his mind off the drugs while at the same time being a cause of the drugs making him hungry

then is he even jughead anymore? take away the food bit and he's just some random loser on a two bit high school drama...if you take away his crown he can not be referred to jughead ever that's taking away what makes him jughead

fans wanna see their favorite characters brought to life but if the only thing they have in common with the character in the comics is the name and nothing else at all...that's not a good sign

you might as well just make a completely different show if your just gonna change all the riverdale characters and make them the opposite of who they are
    Last edited by Chrysalis_Changling; 06-10-2016 at 09:32 AM.

BANNED

but here's the thing...why does the tv show have to change it so much to the point where the characters are nowhere near the same anymore? Archie is trying to gain mainstream relevance once more and i could see it being confusing for new readers who see the tv series and pick up the books only to find out that the characters look nothing like they do on the show nor do they have anything remotely similar to who they were on the show

i mean if you make Jughead into this Pill Popping Drug Addict who lives inside his own fantasy world of hallucinations that eats a lot because it's the one thing that can get his mind off the drugs while at the same time being a cause of the drugs making him hungry

then is he even jughead anymore? take away the food bit and he's just some random loser on a two bit high school drama...if you take away his crown he can not be referred to jughead ever that's taking away what makes him jughead

fans wanna see their favorite characters brought to life but if the only thing they have in common with the character in the comics is the name and nothing else at all...that's not a good sign

you might as well just make a completely different show if your just gonna change all the riverdale characters and make them the opposite of who they are
    Thats the way it is with tv adaption. The point is that they are not looking to grab comic readers mainly, but viewers. Lucifer is VERY different then the comic. The only point is trying to make a show people in general will watch, not comic fans. They will make any change they think will help them with that goal. It might work. When afterlife with archie came out people said a lot of the same things you are saying now, and that was a great success at the time. You are right that we, the fans of the comics, might not like the show, but we are not going to be the target audience.

Tv adaptations always **** on the source material. Look no further then Gotham. Although that show is quite funny lol.
    Superhero shows are trash