Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Superman - and [Spoiler] - Returns in "Action Comics" #957

A number of familiar faces head back to Metropolis for the first Rebirth issue of DC Comics' longest-running title.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

Who or what this Clark Kent is in end is of no real importance. In fact in the end it will be about what the purpose of this Clark Kent was?

The answer to that is simple. It will eventually lead to Superdad being able to be Clark Kent again, work at the Daily planet with his Lois(I assume the other one will die), and pretty much things will be as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Who or what this Clark Kent is in end is of no real importance. In fact in the end it will be about what the purpose of this Clark Kent was?

The answer to that is simple. It will eventually lead to Superdad being able to be Clark Kent again, work at the Daily planet with his Lois(I assume the other one will die), and pretty much things will be as they should be.
    Clark Kent is here for Help Superdad.. This is the only thing that DC want..

DC only wants the return to the old fans in all SUPER comics and nothing more.. 2 years of rebirth finish with 2 characters death for the wishes and the beloved characters of the old fans.. although that are my worst predictions from disease thor woman appeared in Superwoman.

New fans can not see this as something positive.. They are changing everything we knew.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-08-2016 at 11:22 AM.

I thought about the same thing for Supes. A way to get his ID back. for Lois, thinga may be a bit more complicared (is Superwoman going to be the New 52 Lois, or the pre-Flashpoint Lois?)

Peace

But you are forgetting that Pre New 52 Superman is older than his New 52 counterpart and I think the Daily Planet would notice that.

Confusing, chaotic, and from the looks of it, inconsequential. That seems to be the main theme of Rebirth. Try and squeeze every bit of stray continuity into the new DCU, ignoring how convoluted and chaotic it becomes. I can appreciate with DC is trying to do, but I can't imagine a long-term benefit for creating such confusing continuity.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    But you are forgetting that Pre New 52 Superman is older than his New 52 counterpart and I think the Daily Planet would notice that.
    The power of the retcon my friend.

Actually whether you like it or not, he is the real Superman. This is the pre52 Universe. He is the Pre52 Superman.
    But he has different memories and experiences than everyone on this world.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Clark Kent is here for Help Superdad.. This is the only thing that DC want..

DC only wants the return to the old fans in all SUPER comics and nothing more.. 2 years of rebirth finish with 2 characters death for the wishes and the beloved characters of the old fans.. although that are my worst predictions from disease thor woman appeared in Superwoman.

New fans can not see this as something positive.. They are changing everything we knew.
    Batman is still "the old" Batman that we all knew. It doesn't make sense that Batman is the same but Superman isn't, especially if what he was wasn't really interesting to begin with.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I thought about the same thing for Supes. A way to get his ID back. for Lois, thinga may be a bit more complicared (is Superwoman going to be the New 52 Lois, or the pre-Flashpoint Lois?)

Peace
    Superwomen is supposed to be NU52 Lois. However, the power she has is also killing her. Which very well could lead to old Lois being the New Lois.

Yep. Because I think the twist, like I've said on other thread isn't that Superman is an "alien" on this world. This world is a creation of Manhattan, so what I can see it happening is these characters getting back to the "real" World, which is the one Superman came from, the one being that Manhattan couldn't mess with.

Incredible Member

That World is the Pre52 World. IT doesn't matter if he has different memories or experiences, he's still the Superman of that World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    Yep. Because I think the twist, like I've said on other thread isn't that Superman is an "alien" on this world. This world is a creation of Manhattan, so what I can see it happening is these characters getting back to the "real" World, which is the one Superman came from, the one being that Manhattan couldn't mess with.
    This is not a world created by Manhattan. Manhatted TAMPERED with the Pre52 world. It's still the pre52 world.

Your Superman had a bland personality and 5 years of screwed up stories. Now he's dead. So bland he was that it was retconned that he wasn't even the rightful Superman of this Universe all along.

The concept is simple. Get Superman back to basics....THEN MOVE FORWARD.
    Yes, only 5 years, part of this years with Stupid decisions... your superman HAD DECADES to develop.

And now for this character... My superman will lost everything.. First they honor him but in the end everything will have been in vain for the lies that DC are creating.. He is a part of the superdad? OK.. But the result is the same.. Or you adapt to superdad life or you have nothing.. Now superwoman appears to have a very black future like him she is a repeated character..

Your Superman is a character who seems.. a saint or an angel.. It is as if the character was a lie(such kindness can not be good usually).. I do not understand how this character can be entertaining, I see he boring..

I'm not insulting .. I'm just saying that he not seems authentic(I see this character and I do not trust in him)... Perhaps in his time this character works, not now.. I've seen too many lies to believe in this kind of character.. my character was more a character of action and I could not focus on this.

If my superman was like the original, then maybe the character was great and the best of DC in the beginning of his adventures before the crisis.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-08-2016 at 11:58 AM.

All-New Member

Solicits indicate that this Clark Kent is none other than ... well, I can't figure out how to tag spoilers on this board, but you can easily look up those solicitations to see who that is. As far as these things go, it makes sense.