Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default THUNDERBOLTS #2 Spoiler & Review

first off: loved it! this is probably marvel's best non x-men book right now. the 90s vibe is great and the characterization is on point.

who is kobik? i don't know her? she seems like a magical goblin or something, but not a real little girl. she's alright for now, but she seriously needs to be fleshed out a little more.

the team is great. not sure why they were burning up those inhuman cocoons, but it's nice to see a group who isn't mutants going after them. the mutants can't be the only ones who see them as a global threat?

i will go back and read issue 1 now. but all in all i recommend it. nice to see moonstone back in action as well as atlas and the rest.

kobik was the center of pleasant hill event man

shes a cosmic cube fragment essentially
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I liked the script, it was good and the interactions were nice (it's good to see the bonds that the original Thunderbolts have after years of working together). The art is the main issue for me, they need to change of artist the sooner as possible (Kobik seemed like she escaped from a bad anime).

And I don't think those coocoons were inhumans (in the previous issue, Fixer mentioned they looked like Inhuman coocoons, but this issue proved that these weren't Inhumans, as all of them looked the same and had a very similar powerset, it's weird when Inhumans have the same apparance or powerset after coming from Terrigenesis). And if they are Inhumans, then it means that someone or something experiemented with the coocoons, and that would mean that the responsible is the real threat, not the Inhumans.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 06-08-2016 at 11:13 AM.

perhaps they were the alpha primitives. all of them do look the same and the potential to be the alpha primitive is in all the inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    kobik was the center of pleasant hill event man

shes a cosmic cube fragment essentially
    ok, thanks for the clarification. i didn't read pleasant hill.

Astonishing Member

Very good follow-up to their Premiere Issue.....Loved how WS uses 'Tough Love' in order to get Kobik to restore Moonstone (noticed how Kobik was even dressed like Karla, even though Kobik was holding the moonstone; thinking that she's still playing a game)....another good moments were from both Atlas & Mach X......and it's not surprising that the T-Bolts would be facing the Inhumans already.

And I agree with Aces' recommentions about getting this series.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    perhaps they were the alpha primitives. all of them do look the same and the potential to be the alpha primitive is in all the inhuman.

ok, thanks for the clarification. i didn't read pleasant hill.
    Alpha Primitives are humans exposed to the Xerogenesis (a proccess similar to the terrigenesis that turn them into Alpha Primitives), and the only one who can use the Xerogen crystals is the Unspoken who is currently imprisoned in New Attilan.

maybe at one point, but that's not the case today. in the inhuman mini, alpha primitives are inhumans who go through terrigenesis and it goes wrong. the whole series was based around it.

maybe at one point, but that's not the case today. in the inhuman mini, alpha primitives are inhumans who go through terrigenesis and it goes wrong. the whole series was based around it.
    There was only a case in that mini-series, and it was because Maximus manipulated the Terrigenesis of one of the young Inhumans for his own benefit, in the end he became an Inhuman, because he forced Maximus to revert the proccess. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Dewoz_(Earth-616)

Those things in the Thunderbolt issue weren't Inhumans, or if they were someone experimented on them.

In the Mighty Avengers run during Dark Reign, it was proved that Alpha primitives are humans affected by Xerogenesis, as the Unspoken had the plan to turn all the humans of Earth into Alpha Primitives.

no offence, but it's issue 2 and the credits in the beginning of the comic clearly state terrigen and inhuman.

unless some evidence is produced that they weren't, i think it's safe to say they were some form of inhuman. especially since the final page is of crystal and her group of inhumans screaming like lunatics at the tbolts.

no offence, but it's issue 2 and the credits in the beginning of the comic clearly state terrigen and inhuman.

unless some evidence is produced that they weren't, i think it's safe to say they were some form of inhuman. especially since the final page is of crystal and her group of inhumans screaming like lunatics at the tbolts.
    no offence, but They only said it looked like Inhumans coocoons, but in the previous issue, Fixer said that he compared all his data about Inhumans with those coocoons, and he said they didn't match, ergo it looked like Inhumans, but it's possible these aren't Inhuman coocoon. Maybe Crystal and her group got confused with the signal, believing that these were Inhumans, we'll just have to wait for the next issue.

either way, they see them as a threat and they're clashing with crystal regardless. so if it's mistaken identity (or likely not), it doesn't matter one way or another.

either way, they see them as a threat and they're clashing with crystal regardless. so if it's mistaken identity (or likely not), it doesn't matter one way or another.
    It will be probably mistaken identity, and of course they see them as a threat, the place of the coocoons was in Nick Fury's database and they directly attacked the Thunderbolts when they came out of the coocoons.

the team looks younger. is it just the art or did something happen to de-age them? fixer in particular looks like a teenager.

the team looks younger. is it just the art or did something happen to de-age them? fixer in particular looks like a teenager.
    I think it's probably the art, although Kobik has the power to manipulate reality, Bucky would have been mad at her for using her powers to make them younger, as he would have considered it that she abused of her powers in an unresponsible way (in the last issue, Bucky more or less "scolded" her when she used her powers to pimp up their secret base), also it would have been mentioned if she used her powers on the Thunderbolts. So yeah, it was probably the art that makes them look younger than they are.

Atlas is experiencing another power spike. it's a good thing that he's not very smart. he'd be insanely powerful.