Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Supergirl" Season 2 Seeking to Cast Lex Luthor's Sister, Lesbian Detective & More

Casting for "Supergirl" Season 2 is underway and the show is seeking five new additions to the cast.

Full article here.

Wow. Was not expecting Maggie Sawyer. I always forget she was originally a Superman character.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Casting for "Supergirl" Season 2 is underway and the show is seeking five new additions to the cast.

Full article here.
    Not to be confused with the Justice League sidekick? Because a character of that name could be mistaken, among the easily confused, for a 50-year old DC character, I guess.

All-New Member

I definitely associate Maggie more with GCPD these days, but since she's returning in Action Comics to Metropolis, this makes sense. Excited.

It'll be nice to see them finally addressing Lex, and I wonder if Lena will take over Lord's position on the show given the likelihood Peter Facinelli won't be coming back, at least to the same level of recurring role he had in season 1? I also wonder if she'll be a redhead...

This version of Snapper sounds like he'll be taking up enough screentime on the show and presence at CatCo so that Cat can be reduced to a smaller recurring role rather then remain a regular.

Farrow sounds like he'll eventually end up being a new love interest for Kara.

Maggie joining the cast is awesome, and it's nice to see her back in a prominent way on a Superman Family show. Can't wait to see who they get to play her .

Wow. A lot of people come to national city to get out of the shadow of metropolis. It sounds like we'll have at least two reporter characters, when we only need one. And i wonder what this means for the current cast?
    Last edited by protege; 06-08-2016 at 12:12 PM.

All-New Member

I'm hoping Maggie brings along her bat girlfriend. It would be nice to have a few Supergirl/Bat Woman episodes.

Ultimate Member

Yeah will Maggie have her GF on the show, I hope so. And since Superman is showing up in-person next season, I think that we might get some kind of acknowledgment of Lex finally as well.

Question; so what exactly is the science police supposed to be in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    In the comics, the Science Police were what the police were called in the 31st century from "The Legion of Super-Heroes."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maggie joining the cast is awesome, and it's nice to see her back in a prominent way on a Superman Family show. Can't wait to see who they get to play her .
    What else? A lesbian.. Haven't you read the original title, before they changed it to "metahuman police detective" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah will Maggie have her GF on the show, I hope so. And since Superman is showing up in-person next season, I think that we might get some kind of acknowledgment of Lex finally as well.
    Lex will definitely be getting some acknowledgment in season 2 because they are casting his sister.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In the comics, the Science Police were what the police were called in the 31st century from "The Legion of Super-Heroes."
    The Science Police also existed in the modern day DC. It was formed in the wake of Infinite Crisis and was featured in the New Krypton story line pre-Flashpoint.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah will Maggie have her GF on the show, I hope so.
    Unless it's a different character, probably not. I highly doubt Kate Kane will be appearing.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I wonder if Sawyer will still be originally from star City?

Sounds like we are getting some Cadmus stuff this season.