Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Hayden Christensen Would Return To "Star Wars" "In A Heartbeat"

The Anakin Skywalker actor says he's "very excited" to see where the franchise is going.

Full article here.

This actually isn't as far-fetched as some would think. Apart from the Vader ghost idea nearly appearing in TFA, It's kind of an urban myth that Disney wants to distance itself from the prequel films (possibly spurred by their cancellation of Clone Wars). Also a lot of the press being about the use of more practical effects compared to the CG of the prequels (A promise the film mostly delivered on).

Considering the following:

-The recent addition of Clone Wars characters and Darth Maul to Disney's "Rebels" series.
    -Numerous references in the Disney owned Marvel comics line. Not only the Kanan and Anakin series, but also Leia visits Naboo in the Shattered Empire series, and Vader uses a formerly seperatists battle droid army in his own title. Plus many references to the events of the films, with an upcoming issue featuring Padme.
    -TFA uses numerous references, from Kylo mentioning the Clone Army, to Pod Racer symbols on Maz's castle. Then there's of course the Ewan Mcgregor voice cameo.
    -Episode 8 is using Jedi starfighter color schemes for certain fighters as the Royal visit strongly suggests.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hayden Christensen Would Return To "Star Wars" "In A Heartbeat"
    Makes sense since you never hear of his name apart from bashing him in Star Wars. He'd like some publicity again. His return however would cause many hearts to cease beating.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

For the love of GOD no. Never let him anywhere NEAR Star Wars ever again.

Incredible Member

no problem with the idea what so ever.

Mark Hamil took decades to find another iconic role.

however, he better be getting his skills to snuff.

BANNED

LOL I bet he would

I've seen wooden indians with more range.

Before Disney bought SW Spike TV aired both trilogies almost every weekend. It seems that instead of running infomercials they just ran SWs. Im sure he got a whooooole mess of cash for all those times the prequels aired.

Who wouldn't want to come back to something like this?

Hayden is box office poison since he was in Star Wars. He had a few good movies.

Astonishing Member

He should star in a remake of "Volcano".

As long as it's as something like a Force ghost cameo or something like that I would be OK with it but please no main role.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Of coarse first he would have to ask for the day off from whatever gas station he is currently working at.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    For the love of GOD no. Never let him anywhere NEAR Star Wars ever again.
    I've seen a few of his other films. He's actually a decent actor. The two STAR WARS movies he appeared in, however, didn't give him the script or direction necessary to give a good performance.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I liked his Anakin in the prequels but I guess as the prequels were the Star War films that I grew up watching as a kid, I might be a bit bias. Even though I'm no longer a kid, if someone mentions Star Wars to me, I still think of the likes of Obi Wan, Anakin, Qui Gonn, Mace Windu and Darth Sidious though I know I'm definitely in the minority here.

Still it would be nice to see Hayden and Ewan teaming up again as Anakin and Obi Wan, maybe in a small flashback scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I liked his Anakin in the prequels but I guess as the prequels were the Star War films that I grew up watching as a kid, I might be a bit bias. Even though I'm no longer a kid, if someone mentions Star Wars to me, I still think of the likes of Obi Wan, Anakin, Qui Gonn, Mace Windu and Darth Sidious though I know I'm definitely in the minority here.

Extraordinary Member

I think For said it best:

George, you can type this shit, but you can't say it.

I would mibd to see how HC would do with a director That believed his own Hype to Lucas's levels