View Poll Results: Favourite Week 2 Rebirth Issue?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Action Comics

16 23.19%
  • Aquaman

4 5.80%
  • Detective Comics

20 28.99%
  • Flash

15 21.74%
  • Wonder Woman

14 20.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Also, how are sales for Rebirth books at everyone's LCS? The shop I go to had already sold out of Aquaman, Flash & Wonder Woman by the time I got there. seems like the Rebirth books are selling like Hot Cakes! They said they were even surprised at how many people were wanting them and would probably have to order more of the ones that sold out.
    Same here. When I arrived nothing Rebirth related was on the shelves, and the store had only been open for 2 hours. I only preordered Wonder Woman, so I was screwed this week. 7 more days

But I'm really glad DC's efforts to correct New 52 mistakes and bring back Pre-Flashpoint elements are paying off so well. Just got to remember to preorder everything now.

All-New Member

Ranked:
    1) Wonder Woman: I really loved the art and the writing. I find Ruckas writing a lot more refined than the other writers this week. I can't say much happened in this issue but it was a lot more interesting approach of introducing a character than the basic rehashing formula of introducing a character (Aquaman)
    2) Flash: I don't care for the art at all but the writing itself was decent. This was a great continuation from Rebirth and that it took seriously the mystery surrounding the change of all of reality in the DCU.
    3) Action comics: Zircher is a fantastic artist. Love the art. So much happened in this issue with no set-up that I just didn't care for all the major plot line(s) that are going to take place. Some people like a fast-pace comic but I really don't.
    4) Detective: Art was nice. I really liked the page where all the snow is falling and Batman and Batwoman are addressing the new recruits (pretty). idk, as someone who hasn't been keeping up with the Nu52 universe, the characters came together seemingly arbitrarily rather than organically. It's like Oceans 11 without the fun. Tynion is a respectable writer and I know he's going to turn it up in the coming issues.
    5) Aquaman: I did not like this issue one bit. This was the weakest issue for me because I think I read this same exact issue 5 different times in every superhero series. I mean, just don't address that Aquaman is a joke and people will take him seriously (blah, I'm so annoyed with it! I get it. People make fun of Aquaman but not us readers who follow Aquaman! We know how awesome he is.). I understand that people will appreciate this issue because it recaps who he is by telling us who he is butI dislike this approach... immensely. Rucka decided to take the harder way of showing who Diana is by addressing issues her in her life and the conflicts she's currently facing; while Abnett copied the character page on Wikipedia. Abnett is a good writer so I hope for the best going forward with Aquaman.
    Last edited by mrterrific9; 06-08-2016 at 09:41 PM.

BANNED

It's between Flash and Detective Comics for first in my opinion then AC then Aquaman then Wonder Woman.

1. Flash and Detective Comics just had alot of nostalgia packed with a consistent flow throughout the series where your excitement never went down.

2. AC my only complaint was Supes trying to grab the logo off Lex guess it's stresses out his disgust for Lex wearing it sounds like a really funny reason for him to reveal himself in my opinion though, given the 2 times Darkseid made a presence on Earth and stuff like Forever Evil. The reveal at the end gave me alot of hype though and the art and story was great.

4. Aquaman was pretty much a rehash about who Aquaman is and I'm in a way getting a bit tired of being reminded what Aquaman stands for but I understand why it's done for newer readers and I read it as if it was a first rather then continuation, the reveal at the end had me excited and it elevated the previous pages for me.

5. I didn't dislike the Wonder Woman issue but I didn't feel anything grand happened in it and it was a rehash just the same as alot of the rebirth titles were, the art was some of the best stuff this week and I did have some curiosity on how her origin will be played and how exactly continuity is being altered in her mind.

I think if I had to pick a favorite it would be Detective because it was the start of a series without any major rehashing like some of the other series jus felt more fresh. Wonder Woman was a rehashing of her origins, Aquaman was a rehashing of the Johns stuff, Flash was a rehashing of Rebirth but in a more sensible way opinion wise same with AC.

1. Action
    2. Flash
    3. Aquaman
    4. Detective
    5. Wonder Woman

Action was a very nice Superman comic, loved it. Flash was looking at the story very nicely done (but it was better in Rebirth) but I did not like the art. Aquaman was very solid, just didn't care too much about Black Manta, again... Detective was ok, nothing more and I didn't really like the WW retcon. I'm not sure if I will be getting this run, but the first 3 are definitely on my pull list.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

BANNED

Action
    Flash
    Detective
    Aquaman
    Wonder Woman

WW is a drop imo, so dull and I hate when writers just want to go back and change everything we ever knew, Rucka just feels like a grumpy fanboy here.

Overall it's
    Green Arrow
    Action
    Superman
    Flash
    Tec
    Aquaman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Didn't bother with GL

BANNED

Not a bad week although I must admit I was thrown by Action and Detective having normal issue numbers and not a Rebirth #1.

I thought Aquaman was the pick and Wonder Woman was also pretty good and has potential, although the side by side story idea has been tried before in Thor and n my opinion didn't work too well so I have concerns.

Detective was a nice book but I'm not sure how interested I am in it long term, and Action was a nice book too but I'm also not sure I'm very interested in Superdad or Lex either, but take nothing away from the two books, it's the concepts I'm not very interested in.

Mystery of the week is where Kate Kane's hair has gone, she's channelling Lex now!

As with last weeks GA I gave Flash a wide berth, just as I did with N52 Flash and for the same reason. That art is awful and I refuse to pay for it.

Loved Action Comics. Great moment when Superman shaves his beard and Jon sees his dad fly off. Will miss the beard, and I wish they'd let him keep it. Still enjoying Jon and his parents' relationship with him. It's a fresh, new dynamic, and it looks like Clark and Lois are already running into the perennial parental problem of "Do as I say, not as I do." I expect we'll see more of that theme as we move toward the debut of Jon's superheroics.

Enjoyed the character work in Flash, though I thought too much space was devoted to rehashing Rebirth. I get why they did it, and I found the rest of the issue strong enough to keep me on board a title I don't normally read.

Tec was also good. Have to admit my main interest was seeing what they did with Tim, so I haven't yet taken the time to fully appreciate the rest of the story. Good opening, interesting mystery. Also staying on board this.

Wonder Woman got repetitive fast. Was OK overall, but the issue felt slight. I like Rucka, though, and there were cool visuals in the second half, so I'll stay with it for now. It's another title I don't normally read, so DC is really sucking money out of my wallet.

Extremely happy with Rebirth so far. Shocked it has delivered in such a big way. Good luck to DC in the weeks to come.

Extraordinary Member

They were all enjoyable, and while Action and Detective had me hooked and wanting to see whats next, Flash was my favourite. Probably because I've been following the title most of the New 52 and really like the new writing and even the art, it was the title I was most looking forward to and it did not disappoint.

I thought Flash was extremely good. By far the best Rebirth title so far IMO.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Not sure if CBR will put up a poll again this week so I'll do mine again, what was your favourite of the new Rebirth series this week?
    good call -- consider doing one every week!

really enjoyed Action, and The Flash was a continuation of Rebirth #1

I'm going to enjoy Lex figuring out who and what this new Superman is.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Hard to pick just one as I thought everything was good to great this week. I'll go with Action Comics because I thought it was the best Superman book in a VERY long time
    Great minds think alike because after I read this little gem I thought the exact same thing. Best Superman comic in quite some time. IMO the best comic period in a long time. I was totally into it from the get go!

Jurgens has found his mojo and he's killing it on Superman right now. It doesn't even seem like it's Jurgens. I'm feeling really good about the Superman line right now.
    WHO DAT?!!

1) Detective - By far the best artwork. Story was routine but good. Some nice little character developments.
    2) Wonder Woman - Was okay overall. Feel bad that Rucka has to clean up so much poop instead of just starting fresh.

Two decent comics, then there were these:
    3) Action - Bored with a powerless Clark and Doomsday showing up. Why Superman didn't drag Luthor away from a populated city before/during fight is silly/stupid.
    4) Flash - Definitely Image quality writing. Not crazy about the artist. Still, it was better than Aquaman.
    5) Aquaman - Ugh. Phil J panels were nice to see. Black Manta already?
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.