Super Moderator

Default Josh Brolin Says Playing Thanos Makes Him 'Nervous,' Requires 'Imagination'

While promoting the Coen Brothers' "Hail Caesar!", Marvel's Thanos actor commented on what's ahead for him as "Avengers: Infinity War" looms.

Full article here.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Thanos better be developed well, his pathos, and be downright scary.

I really wasn't impressed by how Thanos looked so far. Comic Thanos looks fearsome. Eyes shadowed. Bulky. Evil.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-08-2016 at 02:24 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

I think movie Thanos looks great and I understand why they gave him eyes and not the all black eye sockets.

I do hope The Death/Thanos relationship is in this. They can really do a lot with that.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

BANNED

I don't blame him for being nervous. Given the amount of build-up Marvel has given the character, the potential for shortfall in meeting audience expectation when Infinity War arrives is pretty huge.

I hope he doesn't go full method when playing Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by prigmutton View Post
    I hope he doesn't go full method when playing Thanos
    You don't want him to punch Chris Pratt with a metal gauntlet?

Probaly one the harder characters to pull off. Hes like Shakespearean over the top but still has to be the most terrifying guy you ever met.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Probaly one the harder characters to pull off. Hes like Shakespearean over the top but still has to be the most terrifying guy you ever met.
    Not to mention his goals and methods have differed greatly over the years. From being in the background to just barging onto Earth and being shocked that the Avengers were there to fight him. He has acted like he hasn't been beaten by them before. So I just hope movie Thanos is more consistent and we understand his motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    Not to mention his goals and methods have differed greatly over the years. From being in the background to just barging onto Earth and being shocked that the Avengers were there to fight him. He has acted like he hasn't been beaten by them before. So I just hope movie Thanos is more consistent and we understand his motivations.
    Well his goal was consistently to impress death by destroying the universe(he got like half of it right? Lol) then he went on a redemption spree for awhile then back to Death mostly.

If Brolin pulls this off ill be impressed. After Thanos Thor is probaly the hardest to pull off. Hemsworths not as good a actor as RDJ but RDJ has an.easier role he just plays himself pretty much. Hemsworth had to take a goofy god who says thing like have at thee and make it work. While hes not best charater, given the degree of difficulty, i have alot of respect for Hemsworth. Thanos will be even harder to nail cause he cant fall back on humor.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Thanos better be developed well, his pathos, and be downright scary.

I really wasn't impressed by how Thanos looked so far. Comic Thanos looks fearsome. Eyes shadowed. Bulky. Evil.
    I think of they've made him a smiling goof so far for whatever reasons. Also his face is not as scary as in the comics. Probably have to do with the eyes. It the comics we don't see his eyes, it literally makes him look like Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well his goal was consistently to impress death by destroying the universe(he got like half of it right? Lol) then he went on a redemption spree for awhile then back to Death mostly.

If Brolin pulls this off ill be impressed. After Thanos Thor is probaly the hardest to pull off. Hemsworths not as good a actor as RDJ but RDJ has an.easier role he just plays himself pretty much. Hemsworth had to take a goofy god who says thing like have at thee and make it work. While hes not best charater, given the degree of difficulty, i have alot of respect for Hemsworth. Thanos will be even harder to nail cause he cant fall back on humor.
    I've never been impressed by Hemsworth's Thor. As far as big blond guy that looks dumb I guess he's been able to do that but he never had the gravitas that Thor should have had in my opinion. I was watching old movies with Charlton Heston and I wish they could found someone that could have done what Heston could do time and time again in his movies. Heston was a theater guy, maybe that's what they should have gone for.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 06-09-2016 at 12:51 PM.