Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

Default Will Snyder and Capullo's next project be Watchmen?

This is just pure speculation on my end but I'm thinking this will be the case. Any time either one of them talks about the project they'll be doing once Capullo is done with Millar they say it's a huge project that they never thought they would be doing.

With what's going down in Rebirth could it be Watchmen?! What would be bigger than that?

I doubt DC will be using Watchmen in that capacity.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

A Watchmen title would be a good place to continue the story of Dr Manhattan and the other watchmen on earth 0.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I like Scott Snyder, but IMHO that's out of his league as a writer. Now if you want Watchmen to feature "kickass", biggest, most epic stories ever then maybe that's for you. I would suspect they'll return as the still unannounced JLA creative team or take over for Hitch when he inevitably gets behind on JL

Empty is thy hand!

People, can't we just leave Watchmen alone? Not everything is a "franchise" that needs 5 sequels and 12 prequels.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I like Scott Snyder, but IMHO that's out of his league as a writer. Now if you want Watchmen to feature "kickass", biggest, most epic stories ever then maybe that's for you. I would suspect they'll return as the still unannounced JLA creative team or take over for Hitch when he inevitably gets behind on JL
    I don't know how much more bigger you can get than Scott Snyder at DC for a story like this. I think either him or Tom King would be best suited for a book like this.

I would like to see a prime earth Watchmen doing crazy stuff on earth 0.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't know how much more bigger you can get than Scott Snyder at DC for a story like this. I think either him or Tom King would be best suited for a book like this.
    I could think of quite a lot of people. This is one of these mileage may vary moments. As someone who's really disliked Snyder on Batman it's lowered his stock to me and I'd prefer he stay away from big projects

BANNED

I'd prefer Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Oh man, I hadn't even considered it, but now that it's been out and said this seems very likely. I was pinning my hopes on Tom King, but it's almost certainly going to be them given that Johns is out of the picture for the moment.
    Buh-bye

I'm around sometimes NeuroticNyx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    People, can't we just leave Watchmen alone? Not everything is a "franchise" that needs 5 sequels and 12 prequels.
    Agreed. I'm okay with Doctor Manhattan making an appearance, as his story from then on is really open.

The others? Come on. Their stories had their closure and it's best not to open them up again.

I am really enjoying what DC's doing right now. A lot. I'm happy with a good Flash and a good Wonder Woman again. Batman is being written by the writer of my favorite currently running comic. I'm excited to read Wally with his Titan friends and Rob Williams (who really impressed me on Martian Manhunter) on Suicide Squad.

But if DC releases a monthly Watchmen title, I might be done again. I already have an issue with Dr. Manhattan being set up as the next Big Bad, but that's one thing. It's a completely different thing if they do Watchmen vol. 2. That would reek so much of desperation and creative bankruptcy. It would also be a new level of disrespect for Alan Moore who despite his vocal dislike of DC, has been one of DC's cash cows.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I am really enjoying what DC's doing right now. A lot. I'm happy with a good Flash and a good Wonder Woman again. Batman is being written by the writer of my favorite currently running comic. I'm excited to read Wally with his Titan friends and Rob Williams (who really impressed me on Martian Manhunter) on Suicide Squad.

But if DC releases a monthly Watchmen title, I might be done again. I already have an issue with Dr. Manhattan being set up as the next Big Bad, but that's one thing. It's a completely different thing if they do Watchmen vol. 2. That would reek so much of desperation and creative bankruptcy. It would also be a new level of disrespect for Alan Moore who despite his vocal dislike of DC, has been one of DC's cash cows.
    Comic publishing has rarely traded in respect. There have been honorable people in the executive ranks; but, they have been rare. They will milk every last penny out of other people's creativity, eventually. I give them 5 years before they start doing Sandman, without Gaiman, especially if the movie ever gets made. I'm waiting for them to remake Manhunter, since most of the people currently at DC have no past with Archie Goodwin.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yes, Snyder is arguably the biggest comic book writer currently going (Kirkman might have an argument). However, and again I stress that I enjoy his comics for what they are, IMHO he is the Michael Bay of the industry - big seller, a little short on the substance. I don't think many would argue he is in the Alan Moore, Garth Ennis, Frank Miller class. That's really not meant as an insult, as those are probably the three best ever. Honestly, again IMHO, King is the only one at the Big 2 that I think could get to that level

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Yes, Snyder is arguably the biggest comic book writer currently going (Kirkman might have an argument). However, and again I stress that I enjoy his comics for what they are, IMHO he is the Michael Bay of the industry - big seller, a little short on the substance. I don't think many would argue he is in the Alan Moore, Garth Ennis, Frank Miller class. That's really not meant as an insult, as those are probably the three best ever. Honestly, again IMHO, King is the only one at the Big 2 that I think could get to that level
    Yeah, if we're going with DC's big 2 (I admit this is a gross simplification) I feel like King could be their new Morrison while Snyder is their new Johns.