Super Moderator

Default "The Grinch" Remake Starring Benedict Cumberbatch Re-Gifted for 2018

Fans of the Dr. Seuss Christmas tale will have to wait a bit longer before the latest incarnation from Illumination Entertainment.

Full article here.

Here is the trailer for gru in a Grinch suit. He even walks the same! It's just gru in a Grinch suit! He acts the same! Also why is the Grinch walking around whovile? He hates them and lives on the mountain. No cindy lou who also.

This looks awful!

They even fucked up the release date!

And here is the info on the plot. Looks like cindy luo catch's the Grinch in a trap thinking he is santa. (she wanted to thank santa not hurt him by the way.)

Also it says Grinch only comes down to eat and that's it. So he only goes down when he runs out of food.

It's sounds a little better with the plot but i'm not a fan of that trailer. Still will give it a shot if it get's good reviews.

https://screenrant.com/grinch-movie-...-release-date/

"Academy Award® nominee Benedict Cumberbatch lends his voice to the infamous Grinch, who lives a solitary life inside a cave on Mt. Crumpet with only his loyal dog, Max, for company. With a cave rigged with inventions and contraptions for his day-to-day needs, the Grinch only sees his neighbors in Who-ville when he runs out of food.
    Each year at Christmas they disrupt his tranquil solitude with their increasingly bigger, brighter and louder celebrations. When the Whos declare they are going to make Christmas three times bigger this year, the Grinch realizes there is only one way for him to gain some peace and quiet: he must steal Christmas. To do so, he decides he will pose as Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, even going so far as to trap a lackadaisical misfit reindeer to pull his sleigh.

Meanwhile, down in Who-ville, Cindy-Lou Who—a young girl overflowing with holiday cheer—plots with her gang of friends to trap Santa Claus as he makes his Christmas Eve rounds so that she can thank him for help for her overworked single mother. As Christmas approaches, however, her good-natured scheme threatens to collide with the Grinch’s more nefarious one. Will Cindy-Lou achieve her goal of finally meeting Santa Claus? Will the Grinch succeed in silencing the Whos’ holiday cheer once and for all?
    So far, the only member of the voice cast to be revealed is Benedict Cumberbatch as The Grinch, though the synopsis also confirms classic character Cindy-Lou Who will play a major role in the upcoming film. The synopsis also reveals certain changes Illumination’s The Grinch has made to the classic story, such as giving Cindy-Lou a mission of her own and modernizing the tale with Cindy-Lou being the daughter of a single mother. Certainly Cindy-Lou’s scheme to “trap Santa Claus” comes off a little dark for a children’s story (and somewhat resembles Jack Skellington’s plan for Santa in The Nightmare Before Christmas), but will likely veer more good-natured than it sounds."

BANNED

I'm not a fan of most of the Seuss movies. In the books and cartoons they used to talk funny and use a lot of made up words and it was super silly. In the movies they talk and act like normal people and use the Seuss-language as in-jokes or references, almost mocking it. It takes me out of that fantastical element and the stories just become about weird looking people or creatures learning life lessons.

Third largest animated opening behind incredibles and frozen with $66m!

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4456&p=.htm

The 2018 box office continues to usher in hits as Universal and Illumination's Dr. Seuss' The Grinch debuted with a chart-topping $66 million this weekend. However, it wasn't all roses for the weekend's new wide releases as neither Overlord nor The Girl in the Spider's Web managed to catch on with audiences. Yet, holdovers such as Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star is Born continued their strong performances while Sony's Venom delivered a massive $111 million debut in China.

With an estimated $66 million, Universal and Illumination's Dr. Seuss' The Grinch topped the weekend box office. The performance currently ranks as the third largest opening weekend for an animated title in November behind The Incredibles ($70.4m) and Frozen ($67.39m). The film should play well over the coming weeks and throughout the holidays as it is the only predominantly Christmas-themed wide release on the docket. While reviews for the film trended more mixed-to-negative, audiences gave the film an "A-" CinemaScore to go along with what currently stands at a 71% audience score on RottenTomatoes. The Grinch played to a crowd that was 53% female.

Internationally, The Grinch opened in 23 locations with an estimated $12.7 million for a $78.7 million global debut. Leading the way was a $6.5 million debut in the UK and Ireland followed by Brazil ($1.3m), Norway ($747k) and Sweden ($668k). The film has yet to open in 48 territories including key marketplaces such as France (Nov 28), Australia (Nov 29), Italy (Nov 29), Germany (Nov 29), Spain (Nov 30), Mexico (Dec 7), Japan (Dec 14), China (Dec 14), Korea (Dec 20) and Russia (Dec 22).

OK went to see the grinch with the family. The ads have been awful but I love the grinch story so we went anyways. I wanted to keep a positive attitude but the ads were bad. So what did I think?

I think it was---not bad. It was fine. Not pixar but not minion movie bad. It was what you think it would be. A fun little christmas movie for families. Nothing more. Nothing less. Also that reviewer that said cindy lou was not in the movie much, she has the same amount of screentime as the grinch and was the second main star of the film. She also had the most heart moments so I don't know why they hid her in the ads. I agree with the reviewers that the grinch was way to nice. He was more of a grumpy guy next door then mean in fact they see him as just another guy in Whoville.

So yeah. Not awful, not excellent but fun little family film. If you have kids they will like it.