Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Injustice 2: Possible Roster discussion(spoilers for prequel comic and game)

Today was a big day with the announcement of Injustice 2 as well as the trailer release where we got confirmation of the return of Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, and the addition of Supergirl, Atrocitus, and Gorilla Grodd while also confirming that we are staying in the regime world. Now while a lot of us are probably super pumped in the hope that we will see the addition of our favorite characters we might have an issue or two, that being that in the injustice universe a lot of characters are either dead, arrested or plain gone do to the events either in the game or set before the game in the popular prequel comic series. Now I know I've said this in other threads and discussed it to the point where there is a likely possibility I'm wrong but if we do see new characters odds are they will replacement heroes/villains, legacy heroes, or those who never appeared in the game or prequel comic.

Unless the main universe heroes/villains are brought in again or we just ignore the long running comic series the following characters may not be showing up.
    -The joker
    -Lex Luthor
    -Bizarro
    -Green Arrow
    -Black Canary(since Dr. Fate sent her to an alternate earth, good chance of return)
    -Huntress
    -Martian Manhunter
    -Guy Gardner
    -John Stewart
    -Kyle Rayner
    -Hal Jordan(not dead but arrested by the guardians)
    -Sinestro(also arrested by guardians)
    -Shazam
    -Dick Grayson
    -Superboy(phantom zone)
    -Starfire(phantom zone)
    -Wondergirl(phantom zone)
    -Red Robin(phantom zone)
    -Heatwave
    -Weather Wizard
    -Trickster

While I'm sure there a lot more I don't want to keep this list going forever, all I can say is we are going to need to fill some rolls and introduce characters who weren't around the first time or have been in hiding since the start of the first game like say Captain Cold or Plastic man. I'm just saying this because odds are DC won't want to ignore the comic they spent five years working on. I guess with all that in mind plus the fact that Neatherrealms want to increase the character selection size I'd like to discuss who might be in the game.

Odds are we will see the return of the following characters in the sequel besides those already shown in the trailer
    -Bane
    -Catwoman
    -Cyborg
    -Raven
    -Damian Wayne
    -Deathstroke
    -Harley Quinn
    -Hawkgirl
    -Wonder woman
    -Killer Frost
    -Solomon Grundy
    -Black Adam
    -Ares
    -Doomsday(?)
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-08-2016 at 07:13 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I would be genuinely surprised if Neatherrealms keeps the tie-in comic in mind for who can and can't be in Injustice. Unless a character status is mentioned or shown in-game, I think pretty much everybody is up for grabs.

I imagine we'll see the members of the Regime who were arrested at the end of the game break out and form this pro-Regime movement that Batman's group has to fight.

There were 30 characters in the last game and I'm assuming everyone is coming back. It's easier for the dev team to reskin the characters and bring them back then getting rid of certain characters or rebuilding others from the ground up all over again.

I really hope most of the background characters from the first game will be playable this time around. Like Hawkman, the JSA, Atom, Mr.Terrific, etc.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would be genuinely surprised if Neatherrealms keeps the tie-in comic in mind for who can and can't be in Injustice. Unless a character status is mentioned or shown in-game, I think pretty much everybody is up for grabs.

I imagine we'll see the members of the Regime who were arrested at the end of the game break out and form this pro-Regime movement that Batman's group has to fight.
    I'd say that WB/DC have a big hand in this games development that could influence, not to mention the comic itself was announced by the original games director who's still involved with the game as the official story leading up to the events of the first game. Plus Neatherrealms and DC have worked on comics together in the past such as the Mortal Kombat X comic.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-08-2016 at 07:36 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

There needs to be Swamp Thing. I imagine a fighting style similar to Glacious from Killer Instinct (only not with ice. Obviously).

BANNED

I expect to see alot of characters in media make an appearance so expect a return for Green Arrow and it made Supergirl likely without the reveal.

Not to long ago Katie Cassidy said she was working on a game apparently it's deleted but I'd assume that means Black Canary will be in Injustice 2.

If we get alot of media characters it might mean either a Legends bundle for DLC or Legends members will appear in the game, brings up the possibility of side characters like Cisco/Vibe, Martian Manhunter who appears in Supergirl and characters like Vixen who received some media attention. Mera could be a possibility as well given she was casted for the movies already.

I'd assume the current Big 7 is a given looking at the movie plans and that Suicide Squad characters will make an appearance.

Two characters I personally want is Black Manta and Darkseid which the latter could be a total beast if done right and the prior could have a really diverse fighting set almost similar to Green Arrow if done right.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 06-08-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Ed Boon's favorite DC character is Dr. Fate, and he's said he really wanted to get him into the first game. Personally, I'd consider him a lock for right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Ed Boon's favorite DC character is Dr. Fate, and he's said he really wanted to get him into the first game. Personally, I'd consider him a lock for right now.
    Can't believe I forgot Fate personally would love to have him in the game. The character I'm wanting the most though but I'd really doubt is
    he-man-redesign.jpg

JLD characters are a possibly good bet though
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 06-08-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Static is a possibility, he is in the mobile game, got the second most votes on that poll for DLC characters and assuming he is a titan in this universe, perhaps he wants revenge for the titans being locked up.
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.

BANNED

All I want is a more diverse, unpredictable & larger roster. That was my biggest complaint with the game. I felt like the roster was consisted of people that you would normally expect in a DC fighting game. Injustice was very stingy with the villains, so I hope to see a lot more villains. Give us 80 characters at least. 40 heroes, 40 villains. Boom!

Characters that I expect to see in Injustice 2:

Black Canary
    Steve Trevor (I dont know if that would be a stretch)
    Katana
    Vixen
    Deadshot
    Captain Boomerang
    Firestorm
    John Constantine
    Arsenal
    Cheetah
    Livewire
    Black Manta
    Mera

As I mentioned in the other thread...

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    I wonder if Static will be playable in the console version of the game this time.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Can't believe I forgot Fate personally would love to have him in the game. The character I'm wanting the most though but I'd really doubt is
    he-man-redesign.jpg

JLD characters are a possibly good bet though
    Who's this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who's this?
    He-Man

10 chars

I hope Flashpoint Batman is in this!

Even if a char was killed, one can always bring their prime Earth counterpart there. Or resurrect them...the magic that empowers Shazam could always bring him back.

Ed Boon ran a Twitter poll asking people who they would like to see among these three; Blue Beetle, Captain Cold and Swamp Thing. Last I checked, Blue Beetle was winning it but all three seem like candidates for the game.

EDIT: I think there is an article about the game that says Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd will be playable characters.
    Last edited by Nix Uotan; 06-09-2016 at 06:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.