420Slaterson

Default Deadshot as a Batman villain

With his appearances in the Arkham games and animated Batman movies, as well as all the times I see him on list of best Batman villains, it seems like Deadshot is a fan favorite among Batman's rogues gallery, and don't get me wrong I think he's a great character. The thing is, I've only seen him breath as a character in the Suicide Squad and Secret Six, but I've never really seen him as a rogue in the Batman world that often. I know he originally came from Batman comics, and I remember seeing him going up against the Bat once in the Strange Apparition storyline as well as appearing in (one of my least favorite Batman story ever) War Games in a small role, but when I think Deadshot, I only really view him as a part of a larger ensemble. I never really view him as a foe of Batman. Can anybody recommend good stories where Deadshot goes up against Batman? Thanks

The very last issue of Legends of the Dark Knight, "Superstitious and Cowardly", features a good Batman v.s Deadshot story, and they have an interesting run-in in Batman #591-592, "Shot Through the Heart" as well. But yeah, I really don't see him as a Batman villain, just like I don't think of Gentleman Ghost as a Hawkman villain or Deathstroke as a TT villain anymore.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

For me DEADSHOT will always be a BATMAN villain. 1st appearance BATMAN #59.
    I recommand:

DECTECTIVE COMICS appears are: #474, 518, 520, and 536.
    BATMAN appearances: #354, 369, 591, 592, 606, and 607.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    For me DEADSHOT will always be a BATMAN villain. 1st appearance BATMAN #59.
    I recommand:

DECTECTIVE COMICS appears are: #474, 518, 520, and 536.
    BATMAN appearances: #354, 369, 591, 592, 606, and 607.
    Detective 474 (where they brought Deadshot back and reinvented him) was reprinted in the "Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told" in the late 80s. It's part of a story arc where Hugo Strange discovered who Batman was and attempted to replace him and sell his secret identity. Bruce was dating Silver St Cloud at the time and this was the issue where she recognized him as Batman. (The very next issue has the classic Joker fish storyline.)