Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Explosive First Pages From "Batman" #1 by Tom King, David Finch & Matt Banning

Get a sneak peek at the opening of the new "Batman" series, spinning out of DC's line-wide Rebirth.

Full article here.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Sweet. Looks good. King seems a,good writer and i loved his Grayson so im hyped. Anf Finch is always awesome

BANNED

Already seems more interesting than the Rebirth 1-shot. I'm assuming the new characters from the cover will assist in stopping the plane crash, and that will be their introduction. Kinda like Superman!

Incredible Member

I like the preview. I'm more optimistic about DC overall than I've been in years, and it feels great.

Fantastic Member

Looks way better than the Rebirth Issue.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Already seems more interesting than the Rebirth 1-shot. I'm assuming the new characters from the cover will assist in stopping the plane crash, and that will be their introduction. Kinda like Superman!
    Yeah most likey

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Looks good. Finch is back to his better self.

I like the Rebirth issue, I hope, like with WW, that it's the first issue in this first King trade. Prologue basically.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I think the rebirth issue might actually go into all the trades. I think it was the universal status quo set for all the Batman books.

I agree that Finch definitely shut me up with this issue. It looks REALLY good. I'm sure Bellaire and Banning have something tondo with helping the art out. King's writing looks just as strong as it always does and I'm really stoked to start reading the new issues.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Looks excellent. I'm really looking forward to this one.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Much better than the Rebirth issue, characterization was on point here.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.